Author Topic: Fireball's Episode #16... and the series  (Read 21059 times)

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
Re: Fireball's Episode #16 -- PG #1
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 11:01:04 AM »
Mower: $899
Bed: $1500
Lithograph: $2275
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Fireball's Episode #16 -- PG #1/IUFB #2
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 07:21:31 PM »
Back here, if you please.  You put $899 on the robot lawnmower.  Amber, what is the actual price?

*DING* *audience groans*

$1,999!  Whoa!  I'm afraid to ask, Gwendolyn, but what is the price of the bunk bed?

*BUZZZZZZZZZZZ*

Only $1,163.  You messed up on those first two.  The artwork had to be correct.

We'll see you later in the show for the Showcase Showdown.

In the meantime, we need a new contestant, Burton!

Here he comes now!  It's prizes22!  Come on down!  You're the next contestant on "Fireball's Price Is Right"!

Right there in the yellow spot, Jon.  And here comes Shane with the next prize.

It's a new globe!

From Replogle, this Annapolis illuminated floor globe has a hand-applied, hand-cut map showing over 4,000 place names and sits atop a distinguished dark walnut stand.

Bid on that, Jon.

Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 12:08:44 PM »
48 hours is too long should be 24 hour limits.
http://bigeastsports.blogspot.com/

HYO winnings: $125,862 and counting

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 01:21:23 PM »
48 hours is too long should be 24 hour limits.

Why? It would give us more time to make a bid or make our decision in a PG etc. What's wrong with being fair here?

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 01:33:07 PM »
true just wishing things would go faster lol

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 07:37:57 PM »
$1,650, please, Firey! Hey, thanks for having me here, it means a lot.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Factory Head Noland

• Walking the Golden Road
  • French fries.
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 07:50:56 PM »
$2,200.
COUNTROUND
Only 2 Spots Left -- PM Me to Register!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 08:52:57 PM »
$2400. (covers eyes )  :-?

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2010, 01:53:52 PM »
$one.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Episode #16 -- PG #2
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2010, 02:53:05 PM »

OK, and the actual retail price of the globe is...

one thousand...

eight hundred! ($1,800)
*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING* *Walking* Jon's the winner!  I want you on stage right now!  Next to me.  I want you just to stand next to me because this is the perfect spot for you to get a look at that!

It's a new...

TRUCK!  *truck cue*

It's the 2010 Dodge Dakota ST 4x2--comes with standard equipment plus clear coat paint and engine block heater.  The Dodge Dakota!  It's a terrific prize worth $23,755!

And to win that truck, all you have to do is putt this ball into that hole.  And how much you know about these six grocery items will determine how close you get to putt.  If you're perfect in this portion of the game, I'll give you $500 cash and allow you to putt from that closest line.  Burton, let's hear about our items today.

Sure, Fireball! *Temptation prize cue*

The strong, rich flavor of these ground cloves can be used in a variety of stews, desserts, fruit dishes, and beverages. (8 oz)

Say goodbye naturally to gas, pressure, and bloating with these activated charcoal capsules. (100 ct)

These stocking caps keep your waves or cornrows in place while sleeping, playing sports, or just hanging out. (2-pack)

This all-natural body wash contains goat's milk and Thai orchid oil to moisturize and refresh skin. (16 oz)

This coffee has full flavor without the caffeine.  Also tastes great cold as a frappe or an iced dessert coffee. (200 grams)

And these Greek peppers are a low-calorie and low-carb snack that taste great with sandwiches and salads, or just straight out of the jar. (32 oz)

Thank you.  OK, Jon, I want you to order these six items, from least expensive to most expensive.

Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 03:01:12 PM »
dang i wanted to win a car hopfully i'll get picked before one shows up in the second half :-)

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 03:35:33 PM »
Awesome, I love Holey. I also enjoy mini-golfing in my spare time, so this should be great. :) These are some tough products that even us LFaT may have issues with. Well, peppers are usually cheap, while gas medicine is usually expensive. Seems like a crapshoot between the two of those. After a minute of thought, I'll go with this order: Peppers, Body Caps, Cloves, Body Wash, Coffee, and finally, the Charcoal.

Finally made it in life!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Episode #16 -- PG #2
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »

There they are.  Let's see how you did.  Let's see how much the pepperoncini are.

*DING*

$3.99.  Stocking caps?

*BUZZZZZZZZZ*

99 cents!  And just like that, the pricing portion is over.  This is really gonna hurt when I say this, but if you had switched the peppers and the stocking caps, you would've won the $500.  You had all four of the final items in the proper places... but since you blew that first item, you'll have to putt from this first line.  It's difficult, but it can be done.  I will show you just how easy it is to putt it in the hole from all the way back here.

*Fireball putts; ball goes in the hole*

Yeah!  My only inspiration putt on this show, and I nail it!

Your turn now, prizes.  Let me tell you how the putting works here.  Our random number generator (which we use during the Showcase Showdown) generates a quantity of numbers between 1 and 100 relative to how far you're putting.  Putting from the closest line generates 99 winning numbers for a 99% chance of winning.  The quantity decreases by 10 for each line we move back.  You're putting from the farthest line, so the generator will produce 49 random numbers for a 49% chance of winning.

Pick a number between 1 and 100.  Hopefully, your number will come up in the generator.

(For the record, I picked #55 and it came up in my generation.)

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2010, 06:24:01 PM »
Hey, I like my odds here. I'll pick my user number/lucky number first, 22.

Finally made it in life!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2010, 08:43:36 PM »
*prizes putts*

*balls rims the left side of the hole*

*ball circles into the hole*

You did it!

*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING *main theme*

Who needs these stupid grocery products?!  Go see your new truck!  We'll be back with another game after this!