Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/18/2010  (Read 25713 times)

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/18/2010
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2010, 10:16:23 AM »
I'd love a contestant to be playing TTM, and just tell Drew without even looking at the prices...."Just go to the ninth one"

Assuming that when they see the 2nd reveal it isn't remotely close to being correct, I too would LOVE to see that!

NEW TERM ALERT!!!: ------>> "Greek the Greco"!

Offline JasonA1

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2010, 11:44:50 AM »
Always a fan of analogies, I thought I'd bring up something from Double Dare to this whole TTM situation. On one episode, as Marc describes Granny's Attic (i.e. the clothes-in-the-trunk obstacle) he tells the contestants "now don't look in a pocket or a sleeve, we wouldn't be that mean - the flag will be under a piece of clothing."

That sort of parallels the "unfair" setups lately. No "rule" on Double Dare said the flag couldn't have been in some obscure location. And sure, it's possible for the Range Game answer to be the very bottom of the scale. The Cliff Hangers prizes don't *have* to go in order. The One Wrong Price *could* be off by a dollar. You get my point.

I'm not somebody that believes the only way to do Price is the "old way" lock, stock and barrel. But, no matter which side of this Roger vs. Everybody Else thing you find yourself on, I think it's clear Roger set these games up better than they are now. Faced with this same (lack of) budget, I think Roger would do a more convincing job of making things look fair.

-Jason

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »
A large jump in the price, such as $16,500 to $18,000 is often enough to scare a contestant into stopping. Mrs. Greco, if you can hear me put a large jump in the MIDDLE of the board and you will force just as many losses without abusing the second and ninth slots.

To Willy: thank you much.  And I agree about your thoughts on Act 1.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »
...it's possible for the Range Game answer to be the very bottom of the scale. The Cliff Hangers prizes don't *have* to go in order. The One Wrong Price *could* be off by a dollar. You get my point.

Let's please not give Kathy, Adam and Mike any more ideas.  :D

And asking for fair setups has NOTHING to do with Roger.  The Cliffy "rule" has been then long before he was doing setups, as well as Range Game.  Roger too faced budget concerns, if in fact that is why we are seeing such unreasonable setups and he chose to control it in different ways other than making pricing games "unfair".

Offline Grammar-Nazi

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Beware my red pen....
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2010, 08:34:12 PM »
Punchboard is a complete waste when all four punches aren't won. Like Roger said, these wins need to be guaranteed, because like Plinko, it's no fun without the full complement of chances to win.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle." Garrison Keillor

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2010, 02:49:27 PM »
Rerun 6/18/2010