Author Topic: WOF 5/15 -- DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED!  (Read 10617 times)

• Walking the Golden Road
WOF 5/15 -- DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED!
« on: May 15, 2006, 07:43:18 PM »
I got chewed out by a mod. for spoiler space so i'm omitting it

The latest 100,000 THOUSANDDDDDDD DOLLLLARRRRRR winner was crowned tonight! The puzzle was back in a flash, and she got it with the first guess! Her total for the day was 114k. I lost count, is this about the 6th 100k winner this record breaking season?

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: WOF 5/15 -- DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:15:27 PM »
It has been nuts.  It seems every time Wheel goes on the road, the $100k is hit & won!  It's been a lot of fun to watch.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 08:27:12 PM »
Weren't 2 of the wins in Los Angeles? I lost track. 2003 and 2004 had no 100k winners and the problem was lack of correct solves. There was no shortage of a contestant hitting 100k and finding out after they lost.

Offline Mr. Matté

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: WOF 5/15
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 10:33:02 PM »
by br on 2006/5/15 7:43:18 PM
I got chewed out by a mod. for spoiler space so i'm omitting it

Yeah, but you just about gave away the outcome with the subject.  Not that it matters to me since I don't like Wheel anyway...
So long!

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
Re: WOF 5/15
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 10:39:39 PM »

Mr. Matté wrote:
Yeah, but you just about gave away the outcome with the subject.

He did?  And to think that I only thought a new winnings record was set.

Seriously folks, the mods and I will do our best to enforce the rules...but if you don't want to be spoiled about TPiR or otherwise, you probably want to stay off of the various game show message boards until you've had a chance to watch your programming.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 05:57:37 PM »
Marc, I sent you a msg that will clear the whole mess up. I do have to agree if you haven't watched the shows, then don't be surfing game show sites.

AKA If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen! :-)

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 06:09:25 PM »
i think it was BEAUTFUL watching that 100k win
btw it does seem like whereever they go they
have a 100 k winner the last winner happened on the soap stars week that makes 3 this year so far and the season's not over yet there's still room for more 100 k winners

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 06:17:22 PM »
br,

Although we do not have a specific rule about non-TPiR spoilers, you must admit that your subject line probably did give people a good idea that something big happened on the 5/15 episode of Wheel. Eliminating the "DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED!" portion of your subject line would have done the trick just fine, and would have been less of a tip-off that somebody did in fact win the $100,000 prize.

With that said, I still stand behind what I said earlier in the thread.  People (such as yourself, br) are sometimes going to make mistakes...so it's probably better that people that DO NOT want to know stay clear of the game show sites.

Marc

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 07:20:11 PM »
It's true for some game shows, such as TPiR & DonD, if you don't want the results spoiled, you shouldn't come here.  But I think there are two problems here:

1.  Syndicated shows like WoF or J! don't appear at the same time in every market.  When I lived in Champaign, IL, J! was on at 4:30 PM, which means if I post about it, it could be up by 3 PM Pacific time.  Someone in CA  may just be surfing the site for the latest news about the 'sports' thread and not realize that someone even *might* have posted about J!, since on the East Coast, there are many markets that J! doesn't air until after 7 PM eastern (4 PM Pacific).

2.  Someone may want to see what's going on in the 'Out in Left Field' forum without having to worry about game show spoilers.

My thought--and I'm by no means the moderator or admin here, so do with this as you please, even if that means nothing--would be to add a separate forum under 'Off topic' for non-TPiR game shows.  That way, if someone wants to participate in the rest of the site, they can without fear of finding spoilers.  Maybe also have a rule about no spoilers before a certain time for the syndies, but that could be debated.

Just my two cents.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 08:03:59 PM »
For whatever it's worth, I just thought "DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED!" was the same as "SPOILER WARNING" or "SPOILERS INCLUDED", for whatever reason the O.P. (original poster) chose to phrase it that way.  I didn't interpret it to mean that something big had happened.

For my part, I had a bigger problem figuring out what "WOF" was (yes, I determined it was "Wheel Of Fortune").

If the subject line had read "WOF 5/15 -- SPOILER WARNING" or something similar, would that have been acceptable?
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 08:07:44 PM »
I like Bulb's idea of a off topic game show spoiler forum.

Yes I do understand Marc, given that WOF may have not aired, but by 730 eastern(when it is over in my area), I'd venture to say at least 75 percent of the US had seen the current episode.

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 08:45:08 PM »
Having been around a bit of the country the past few months, it seems many areas have the show end at 8:00 Eastern, and not 7:30 Eastern.  I don't know why you would assume that most areas would end it by 7:30 when regular prime time programming doesn't start until 8:00.

But even to assume that Wheel of Fortune ends at 8:00 for 75% of the US is ridiculous anyway, considering the large population on the Pacific coast, which is likely to air Wheel of Fortune later.  Not everyone lives in Eastern or Central time.

I think Marc has said before--and correct me if I'm wrong--that he didn't want a general game show forum here, as the only main focus he wanted was The Price is Right, and that there are other places, like Invision, for more general game show talk.

Offline Robair

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Is this thing on?
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 09:08:45 PM »
The latest 100,000 THOUSANDDDDDDD DOLLLLARRRRRR winner was crowned tonight!
It's spelled "one hundred thousand dollars".

Captain Combover does not live here.
We'll think of a signature. Don't worry.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 09:54:58 PM »
I have added a new rule and will ask all of the moderators to enforce it ongoing:

When discussing a new episode of a show other than TPiR in the "Out in Left Field" section, simply title your thread in this manner:  Jeopardy -- 4/3/06.  People that want to know about the 4/3/06 episode of Jeopardy can enter the thread and read about the episode...and those who do not want to know can pass it by until a later time.  Do not indicate "Spoiler" in your subject line, do not use spoiler space in your thread.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 09:56:49 PM »
Excellent idea!