Author Topic: Guaranteed Seats Questions  (Read 20092 times)

Offline fardoche66

• In the Audience
  • Feb 2010
Guaranteed Seats Questions
« on: January 27, 2010, 02:17:21 PM »
Hi there TPIR fans, after e-mailing CBS for 2tix for a march 2010 taping, they sent me an e-mail confirmation written "this is your ticket to TPIR".

A couple of days later, i received an email from tvc.cbs.com (Karen and Kim) that said...

-If you haven’t converted your online tickets to GUARANTEED SEATS, now is the time to call us for availability.

So i did call, and they told me to just present myself to a CBS page at 8:30 and identify myself (e-mails in hand).

How good of a seat should i be expecting?

Is this better than being first in line (ex; arriving at 2 am in the morning?

Please help me, i'm a bit confused.

Dave (Montreal, Canada)

Offline nicholasdreyer

• In Contestant's Row
  • i love bob and drew
Re: Guaranteed Seats Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 08:33:06 PM »
what do you have to do to get these?

Merged, since this is basically the same question as the post already existing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 01:44:02 AM by temptation1979ga »

Offline N105UA

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
I think I may be able to answer your questions.  My family and I just returned from vacation and part of that vacation was attending 4 tapings of The Price Is Right on February 8th, 9th and 10th.  Prior to our arrival in Los Angeles, we recieved the same email you did.  So we called the numbers listed and signed up for guaranteed tickets.  We were advised that our name would be on the guaranteed list and told that we would need to be at CBS at 8:30am for processing for the 12:20 show.  We were instructed to go to the Page's table located on the northwest corner of the building and to advise them we were on the "G List".  The paged looked up our name and gave us Order Of Arrival passes.  These passes were of different color than the ones given out to the people that lined up along Fairfax Avenue during the early morning.

The pages then began lining up people, taking the first 90 people who were lined up outside, then taking all of the guaranteed seats.  The highest OOA I saw for guaranteed seats was 160.  They thien added 60 more from those lined up outside and the studio was filled.  So you can see they only used 150 people who were lined up outside!!!  I was disappointed with our guaranteed seats, as we were put 3 rows behind Rich's podium and couldn't see all of the show.

The remaining days, the night clerk at Farmer's Daughter Hotel gave us a wake up call when he saw people beginning to line up.  The other two days, our OOA passes were in the 20's and 30's which were very good seats.  Interestingly, on one of the days we didn't use guaranteed seats, the pages only took the first 60 OOA's of those that lined up outside before starting with the guaranteed seats.

So if you want good seats, be prepared to line up early outside and get an OOA of 60 or less.  Otherwise, be prepared to get a less than ideal seat or possibly not a seat at all.

As far as getting guaranteed seats, I don't have an answer to that.  We recieved a email asking if we wanted them, we didn't solicit them.  I'm not sure how CBS is handling who gets emailed

-- Captain Tom
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:41:24 PM by N105UA »
Aircraft: "San Francisco Ground, United 863 request taxi."
Ground Controller: "United 863, hold position, you'll be following a Virgin with a tight slot."

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 01:35:25 PM »
As far as getting guaranteed seats, I don't have an answer to that.  We recieved a email asking if we wanted them, we didn't solicit them.  I'm not sure how CBS is handling who gets emailed

I believe I can answer that - if you've signed up for tickets online at least once, you're on their mailing list, and will typically receive guaranteed ticket notices.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline FFTEST22

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 11:09:52 PM »
I believe I can answer that - if you've signed up for tickets online at least once, you're on their mailing list, and will typically receive guaranteed ticket notices.

Nah, unfortunately I don't think it works that way ... or I should've gotten them!
Karen said it was for people on a Southern California mailing list, or maybe thats changed.
Anyways I was not impressed that priority was being given to PREVIOUS AUDIENCE MEMBERS as opposed to FIRST-TIME AUDIENCE MEMBERS lining up at 5:00 AM :(

Offline sjddaj01

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 09:26:01 PM »
How important is it really to get tickets ahead of time online?  I know it gurantees your seat, but does anyone have any data on how often they get completely sold out and had to turn people away?

The reason I ask is because I have been to the show 3 times (actually 4) and never had a guaranteed seat.  I just went to the studio the day of the show and was able to get in.  Pretty good seats too.

So, are these guaranteed seats for extreme purposes, or did I just get lucky 4 times in a row?

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 11:23:50 PM »
How important is it really to get tickets ahead of time online?  I know it gurantees your seat, but does anyone have any data on how often they get completely sold out and had to turn people away?

Getting tickets by any method does not guarantee your seat in the studio, unless CBS has e-mailed you and offered guaranteed tickets, which as of late only seems to be happening once in a blue moon. All seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to ticketed guests. Anybody who doesn't have a ticket will be put on standby, and if the number of people with tickets outnumbers the number of seats in the studio, then guess who doesn't get a seat...
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 12:01:39 AM »
Getting tickets by any method does not guarantee your seat in the studio, unless CBS has e-mailed you and offered guaranteed tickets, which as of late only seems to be happening once in a blue moon.

My mother was offered guaranteed tickets three days ago for pretty much any taping in February.

How important is it really to get tickets ahead of time online?  I know it gurantees your seat, but does anyone have any data on how often they get completely sold out and had to turn people away?

Too many factors to know for sure.  If you go in March, for instance, there's a much higher chance of a sell-out as every college student in the country (it seems) heads out there for Spring Break.  
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline sjddaj01

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 03:09:35 AM »
Makes sense.  I know one day I went in late September and had no problem getting in.

My first time was a real treat.  I think it was in late spring and on Memorial Day.   One day a week the show taped 2 shows on the sameday.   With it being a holiday as well, not as many people showed up as normal (I assume firguring they wouldn't be taping that day). 

The 1st taping was filled up, but there wasn't enough there to fill the 2nd taping.  So, the people who were there early enough (like myself) were able to get into the 2nd taping as well.  So, I got to see 2 shows the sameday.  That was pretty cool.