Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/01/2010  (Read 13125 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/01/2010
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 06:56:18 PM »
Unless something's changed at a taping, the first price is never correct in Pushover so there was really only one correct answer, $13,168.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 06:59:34 PM »
Don't say that, or Fingers will do it just to be mean!!!   :lol:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:05:24 PM by Joe_Capitano »
Bazinga!

Offline TPIRZippy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 07:01:04 PM »
Unless something's changed at a taping, the first price is never correct in Pushover so there was really only one correct answer, $13,168.

But in the crazy wild world of Studio 33 these days, anything is possible!  :P  I have this sneaking suspicion that someday Fingers is going to make the the first price be right.  Just to mix things up.  ;)

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 07:30:32 PM »
Time to rush to the defense of this show a little bit. We did spend a little bit too much time on guests today, but it was the Harlem Globetrotters - at least somebody people have heard of. I liked the way their showcase was written (and they did a decent, if not great job at presenting it - very excited but hard to understand at times) and the other showcase was written well too - nothing felt that cheesy or out of place. The lineup was solid and not undertimed, and I actually loved the slotting - I think it's a good idea to have a car game 4th once in a blue moon, and today was a PERFECT day for Money Game 4th (and there's a game that that's one of the only ways you can make it more interesting, by having it 4th), with a nice long game like Bag right after it? Loved that. One thing I did not love today was the Bag setup. No way on earth anyone was going to win that. Greco set 2 traps and he fell right into both (even if someone knew the Turtles were $8.99 for that big box, they still had to somehow deduce that the bean dip cost more than the toothpaste). Of course now that Bag was won and Greco pretty much counts on that one to be lost every time too we can count on her to make it harder. *sigh*

Still, can't really complain. In fact, the thing that irritated me most about today's show was when the contestant flipped a coin to determine his final pick in Danger Price. Seriously, reason it out yourself! (or at least poll the audience). Some games literally are a coin flip, but that lawnmower looked like a pretty obvious one to avoid, personally.

Timings:
Push Over (4) - 4:03
Lucky $even (4.5) - 4:31
Danger Price (4.5) - 4:10
Money Game (4.5) - 3:49
It's In The Bag (6.5)- 5:33
One Right Price (3.5) - 3:21
Total time (27.5): 25:27

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 07:49:54 PM »
Push Over was surprisingly easy today.

So, are all cars in Lucky Seven going to end in nine?

Danger Price was relatively easy today as well.

I like how they had the original Jeep Grand Cherokee picture for Money Game.

I’ll be honest. The Globetrotters presented the showcase well. Too bad it had to be our weekly “Mike Richards All-trip Showcase.”

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 08:05:50 PM »
I personally would have preferred the Globetrotters showcase be based off the traditional Around the World showcase (flying from place to place, rather from LA to place each).
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 08:25:50 PM »
I too am getting tired of all the trips in showcases these days.

Another Lucky $even price ending in "9". Well, I do remember when they used to end in "1" quite often.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 10:14:40 PM »
Aw, they didn't have the old light border on Door #4 today.  I'd really hoped that would stick around.

The huge-ass prize package in Push Over really bothered me...until I saw the numbers and realized the game was practically a forced win.  There were only two choices that made any kind of sense, and one of them was the first one, which is always wrong.

A car fourth!  Yay!  And it was won, too!

On the other hand, does it bum anybody else out that Kathy and Adam don't seem to realize the significance of El Cheapo?

The Globetrotters...well, they could have been worse.  They could have been better, too, but there was nothing hideously wrong with their showcase.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 10:22:34 PM »
Push Over: Wow, 5-Digit Push Over for a prize package like that? I knew there were about two possibilities, but then it came to only one.

Lucky Seven: Okay, from the recent playings, I think I get pull a little Larson here. I actually would have saved three to five dollars with this one. I even predicted the ending: I say 8, but thinking 9, and the Peanut Gallery would coerce Roberta to say 5 and lose because it was a 9.  Predictable.

Danger Price: Without a coin, I still would have picked the lawnmowers and lose because of it.

Money Game: So 07 didn't work this time. O-kay.

It's in the Bag/In the Bag/Bag: I must admit, it was a little tough. The drink mix was easy. The mac&cheese is making my mouth water. Drew actually gave me a hint that it was a party size. I would have said the Selsun Blue for either the second or third bags. I thought that the toothpaste would be close to $1.00, like $1.89 and the bean dip at least $2.00 based on the stores I go to. The mac&cheese, the Selsun Blue, and the Turtles would totally throw me off.

One Bid 6: Ah, the deplorable basketball court... reminds me of the courts in the now-gone projects....

1 Right Price: Figuring that the table would be more than the computer. I picked that as well. That table is super expensive.

And yes, I also noticed that Drew was trying put 59 in the cash column instead of the back-of-the-car-slot.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 10:30:35 PM »
As a fan of The Amazing Race, I must say I absolutely hated that second Showcase.

I liked the thought and idea of having a TAR-themed Showcase, but it was executed so horribly it wasn't even funny.  For one, if they wanted to promote TAR on the show, they should have had Phil Keoghan to guest-present the Showcase, not two contestants who didn't even finish the race in their season (I'll leave out the rant about how I feel Flight Time and Big Easy should have never been selected for TAR15 in the first place).  Having the Globetrotters presenting a Showcase would make more sense if it were a basketball-themed Showcase, not one promoting TAR.  In all, I liked the idea...hated the presentation.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline robaroo723

• Outside in Line
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »
Push Over: Easy win.  Before I even saw the set up, I just assumed that the prize would've been 4-digits.  So, when it was a 5-digit prize, I highly doubted that it would've been 13K.

Lucky Seven: I really wanted Roberta to win.  Since the first few numbers weren't horrible, I figured the last number would've killed it.

Danger Price: Idiot.  He deserved to lose after flipping the coin.

Money Game: I was leaning towards El Cheapo, so that shows what I know.

It's in the Bag: I actually got a kick out of Drew scolding the audience for booing Ryan when he picked the Mac N Cheese - "it's party sized!!"  I would've gotten the turtles (because I never rush them), but I would've screwed the pooch on the toothpaste and bean dip.

One Right Price: 6K for that table?  I didn't see that one coming.

The Showcases: I wasn't impressed, but I didn't think they were awful.

For me, I just couldn't really get into today's show.  I found myself zoning out the entire time ... it just couldn't hold my attention.

Offline bduddy

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 11:53:42 PM »
I never get why people think a Lucky 7 price ending in 9 is hard. Lots of car prices end in 9... whenever someone has $3 left at the end, I always shout think "7" at the TV. Besides, every rule has to start somewhere... I'm still waiting for someone to actually figure out That's Too Far from the Center.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 12:08:38 AM »
The 7,204th episode (92nd for Season 38)

Showcase #1
Home Theater Seating - $3,520
Plasma TV - $2,000
Home Theater - $2,699
Netflix - $204
Gift Cards - $2,000
Trip to Cannes - $15,140

Showcase #2
Trip to Tokyo - $8,107
Trip to Amsterdam - $9,000
Trip to Stockholm - $10,659

Your Modeling Scorecard for February 1, 2010
Rachel Reynolds
Total:  11/$45,957 (8/$27,168, 3/$18,789)
Cars:  0/$0 (0/$0, 0/$0)
Trips:  1/$15,140 (1/$15,140, 0/$0)

Lanisha Cole
Total:  6/$34,975 (3/$28,369, 3/$6,606)
Cars:  1/$23,859 (1/$23,859, 0/$0)
Trips:  0/$0 (0/$0, 0/$0)

Gwennie Osborne
Total:  7/$51,970 (4/$6,954, 3/$45,016)
Cars:  1/$22,839 (0/$0, 1/$22,839)
Trips:  0/$0 (0/$0, 0/$0)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 03:20:22 AM »
They really don't want to give away that electric blue Mustang, do they? It's getting laughable at this point.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Roberta
SHOW GRADE: 2

Aw, they didn't have the old light border on Door #4 today.  I'd really hoped that would stick around.
Door #4 = ?

On the other hand, does it bum anybody else out that Kathy and Adam don't seem to realize the significance of El Cheapo?
I was excited to see it make a rare appearance, and then, just as quickly, was disappointed to see that it wasn't the right choice. :-(

Offline Robair

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Is this thing on?
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 06:22:54 AM »
The Sport Court, according to a few dealers, starts at a minimum price uninstalled of $8500. Size, colors, options, can increase that price. Installation, in a driveway, would be as involved as that of an in-ground swimming pool, just less plumbing. What threw you all on the price was likely the fact the finished product could not be presented onstage in its installed state.

And in Danger Price, during the game play with the wide shot of the board, did it look to you like Lanisha had long, spindly metallic legs? She was standing behind the weight stack. If Drew complains about beams coming out of people's heads on the old home base, then this is surely worth a mention.
We'll think of a signature. Don't worry.