Author Topic: CSS Results for October 20  (Read 2122 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for October 20
« on: October 20, 2006, 01:48:59 PM »
This is the way the week ends,
Not with a bang, but a whimper...

Not really a whimper, but with the lowest total difference being over $4500, other words come to mind. Aside from a few token overbids (two of which were painfully small), today was a seriously underestimated day.

What was in SC1? How much was that snowmobile? A LOT I guess. And that van showcase seemed rather pricey too. When STAGE PLAYER, despite the biggest garf of the bunch on SC1, pulls off a money win from 15th place, you know that something's wrong.

So, PriceFan985 gets the cashless win today, Robair walks away with nearly $48K, and stageplayergetstherest (oh, the pain...)

Have a great weekend everyone!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for October 20, 2006 -- Game 24
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: CSS Results for October 20
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 02:29:36 PM »
7th place ain't bad for playing blind, especially considering that most of my blind bids from S34 were either major Garfs or major Willys. :-)
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 02:35:14 PM »
That's only like the 11Mth time the AICO "KING FURNITURE" bedroom group has been offered on the show.

Figure 10-11K for that
Figure 3500 for the clock
Figure 9000 for the snowmobile.

It's not that tough to get a fairly reasonable total.

I shaved 1k on my total bid just to be safe, but for those of you who figured less than 7000 total for the bdrm/matress combo, why do you even bother playing?

It would bug me even more if those words were posted up in chat for all to see when recapping prizes shown.  Part of playing the CSS is to be in chat while watching the show.  
If you aren't watching, you miss important words/phrases such as "first-class", "opulent vs. lavish", "..fit for a King...", etc.

And heels, you especially, what were you thinking?
Good God man, go back to Broyhill School baby!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 03:57:18 PM »
Wow, a lot of garfs today...but at least I didn't go over.  It was just nice to make the top 12!

I guess Fridays are good for me
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 04:28:52 PM »
Ouch... another painful overbid for me this week. Obviously, it's no $4 overbid, but it still hurts, especially to do it on Friday. Oh well.

William Tynan wrote:
And heels, you especially, what were you thinking?
Good God man, go back to Broyhill School baby!

Haha. Perhaps I should do that. I'm good at furniture, but not perfect. :-(