Author Topic: "I've Got a Secret" '72 music at TVPMM  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
"I've Got a Secret" '72 music at TVPMM
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:01:27 AM »
Tell me these don't sound like TPIR cues.......

http://tvpmm.com/documents/734.html

All I can say is---awesome.

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: "I've Got a Secret" '72 music at TVPMM
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:50:03 PM »
You're absolutely right!  This is amazing!

I can see where you draw comparisons to the original '72 Score package from Price and this reel.  Not only was this reel composed by Score, that hook at :19 in on most of the longer cues sounds eerily similar to the hook in a lot of the '72 Price stuff!  Oh, how I love the "pluck" and Moog versions of this reel... ;-)

Edd Kalehoff didn't have a hand in this, did he?

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: "I've Got a Secret" '72 music at TVPMM
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:21:51 PM »
You're absolutely right!  This is amazing!

I can see where you draw comparisons to the original '72 Score package from Price and this reel.  Not only was this reel composed by Score, that hook at :19 in on most of the longer cues sounds eerily similar to the hook in a lot of the '72 Price stuff!  Oh, how I love the "pluck" and Moog versions of this reel... ;-)

Edd Kalehoff didn't have a hand in this, did he?

Couldn't tell you, but I wouldn't doubt it---as per Stan in the "Come on Down!" book, this was recorded in the same session as the TPIR package.

That said, I think a different cut was used on air. If you listen carefully, you'll hear a rather '71 "Password"-esque version of the theme.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:30:37 PM by Chief-O »