Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/12/2010 (Couples Price IV: Valentine's Day)  (Read 57633 times)

Offline robaroo723

• Outside in Line
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/12/2010 (Couples Price IV: Valentine's Day)
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »
I was half paying attention when the new ME set was revealed.  When I started paying attention during the prize descriptions, I was trying to figure out what game they were playing.  When Drew said ME, I did a Scooby Doo "RUH???" and had to rewind.  I love the set.  It's bright and fun, without being completely tacky or over the top.  Whoever mentioned the Pyramid and Family Feud influences, I totally see it. The orange and blue remind me of a lighter version of the Pyramid color scheme.  I love that the TPIR dollar sign made it into the game's logo too.

I'm kind of indifferent towards the new wall in Half Off.  I was trying to decide if the gridlines didn't look right, or if it was just my imagination.  If you're using a wall that splits down the middle, I would think you'd try to go simple so you don't have to worry about multiple elements lining up properly.  On the other hand, I like that it matches the set.  Hmph.

Speaking of Half Off, did anyone notice that when Lanisha picked up box #10, the bottom of the box opened a bit and you could see a piece of money in there?

Nice show today.  When they were playing Any Number, I wanted them to say 8, but in the back of my mind, I was worried that it would end up being a 1, because 8 seemed too obvious.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 01:08:15 AM »
I bet Kathy was pissed that all the games were won today.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline SamtheBravesFan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 02:29:33 AM »
I bet Kathy was pissed that all the games were won today.

Well, she shouldn't have made them so easy then! :P

Offline mbetush

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2010, 02:29:40 AM »
I've NEVER sworn during TPIR in my life.  When Drew read the second showcase price I dropped one of the loudest F-Bombs ever.  I couldn't believe it.
Anxiously awaiting another MDS since 2009.

Offline kingpin623

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2010, 02:58:15 AM »
Thank you, Wayoshi!  I'm not too fond of the colors they used on the 1/2 Off wall.  If they're going to use those starburst things, they should pop out a little more because you can't see them all that well.  I feel like both the tag and the starbursts need some kind of drop-shadow (a-la the logos on the Big Doors), but it doesn't need to be too flashy.  A simple drop-shadow would do. 

I'm not crazy about the new wall in 1/2 Off.  I guess it fits with the wall behind the boxes, but it looks like Bente took some more of whatever she was high on when she redesigned Punch a Bunch.

I agree with you both on 1/2 Off.  The light purple of the $10,000 price tag looks too washed out against the new background; it does need something to make it stand out more, whether it get a color change or a drop-shadow as compdude512 suggested.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2010, 08:53:30 AM »
Well, she shouldn't have made them so easy then! :P

One Away and ANy Number were not gimmes. Neither 0 or 5 was in the Any Number car price and the choices for the last One Away digit were 0 and 2. Pick a Pair was a little tricky too with the Hersey-themed items.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »
I'm trying to think back to when Price first went to the couple's shows, and the massive debate over the change that ensued.  It's amazing how a well-produced show, with interesting couples, winnable games, a jovial host, and fun showcases can make that all melt away.  Today's show was thoroughly enjoyable.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »
I'm trying to think back to when Price first went to the couple's shows, and the massive debate over the change that ensued.  It's amazing how a well-produced show, with interesting couples, winnable games, a jovial host, and fun showcases can make that all melt away.  Today's show was thoroughly enjoyable.

Isn't it so funny that a year ago we were all saying the show was going to the crapper if they tried this format? One year later they're still doing it and it seems to go pretty well usually.

Half-Off It's nice to see the drought we had has finally ended. BTW I could actually tell they were a winner before they opened it. When Lanisha picked it up you could see one of the bills.

Any Number- The blue Mustang of death has been defeated!

Most Expensive- I got confused when I saw it and thought it was a new game. I really didn't think we'd see it so soon, but I'd imagine we'll probably being seeing the old set still for a couple episodes depending on how far back they were taped. I loved how the set looked so psychadelic. Even the price tags looked cool!

Pick-a-Pair this was a tuffy because everything looked so close together in price. I was actually saying "Don't lose the game now. We're on a roll! C'mon you can do it!"

Side-by-Side- I said $3596. $9635 just seemed too expensive, but apparently it was just right. Thankfully they didn't listen to me and won themselves a bedroom set.

One Away- I was really expecting Dice Game. Was the lady confused thinking that she could change the numbers to whatever number she thought they could be. You got to give credit for Drew correcting her so she knew what the numbers she was changing would be.

Showcases- Yay! an old practice has returned not only for one showcase, but for two! It was nice to see that Kathy put in multiple cars for each showcase. I thought this day would never return. Now we have to wait and see if they'll ever bring back "three pricing games with a car" days.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Blissey

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »
FINALLY!!!  A PERFECT SHOW!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Too bad it ended in a double overbid! :-(

Amen, Cartboy!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »
Most Expensive- I got confused when I saw it and thought it was a new game. I really didn't think we'd see it so soon, but I'd imagine we'll probably being seeing the old set still for a couple episodes depending on how far back they were taped.

Not necessarily.  Next Monday and Tuesday are the only two 2009 tapings left.  Any shows after those are likely to have the new set, even if they were taped before this one.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline kingpin623

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »
Speaking of Half Off, did anyone notice that when Lanisha picked up box #10, the bottom of the box opened a bit and you could see a piece of money in there?

Yeah, I noticed that, too.  I was wondering if anyone else caught that!

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2010, 12:42:04 PM »
That's funny - I saw the box crack open but didn't see any money. I thought for sure they had lost the game!
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »
Scion xD - $15,725

Wow, what a cheapo car.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Online Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2010, 02:56:38 PM »
Wow, what a cheapo car.
Yep, usually it's the Scion xB on the show. I'm 95% sure Greco used a cheaper version to favor the overbids
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline shieldsy101

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2010, 04:57:59 PM »
Is this the first time that Rich has introduced Drew as something other than 'The host/the star of the Price is Right'. For those of youwho haven't seen it, he introduced Drew b saying, ' And now, here's your very own cupid, Drew Carey!'. I thought that it was pretty funny, so long as it doesn't continue on a regular basis. What does everyone else here think?
Hurricane Microsoft - It'll make your Windows Crash
Andrew Hansen from the Chaser's War on Everything (Australian Comedy Series) discussing whether companies should brand a natural disaster