Author Topic: FAQ questions  (Read 10989 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
FAQ questions
« on: May 15, 2006, 09:03:43 PM »
I decided to try to get some actual work done on the timeline this afternoon...and since I quickly discovered I was getting nowhere with Seasons 8 & 9, I figured I'd post some questions in the hope that some of you guys might have the answers.

Secret "X" has had more set changes than I can keep track of.  I know of its original color scheme, the color scheme seen here, and the current color scheme -- most with several minor alterations.  Does anyone know of any I haven't mentioned, and can anyone narrow down when they were in use?  Also, does anyone know which color scheme it had on the Hit Me debut episode?

Does anyone know when the gold logo or the baseball drawings first appeared on the 3 Strikes board...or even any time that they were there before 1980?

Can anyone narrow down beyond "sometime around 1980 or 1981" when the current color schemes appeared for Bonus Game and Five Price Tags?

Does anyone know of any playings of Double Prices behind the Giant Price Tag after about the middle of 1980?

Does anyone know which patterns were used on the spinning panel of the Turntable wall on the premieres of Check-Out or Pick a Pair?

Can anyone narrow down when in 1981 or 1982 Money Game and Squeeze Play were moved to the Turntable?

Does anyone know how long the stripes remained behind the numbers on the original Lucky Seven board?

Can anyone narrow down when the current version of the Temptation logo appeared?

Does anyone know how long it took for the normal price colors or the comma in "$10,000.00" to be added to Grand Game?  I know neither change had been made by Pauline's episode.

Does anyone know when Now....and Then's normal colors first appeared?

Does anyone know which Barker Wall was used on the Season 11 premiere?

Does anyone remember how long On the Nose was played?  I've seen estimates of as few as five times and as long as the entire 13th season.

I know this is a lot, guys...but the faster we get these answered, the faster I can get more timelines up! :-)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline goodboy16

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FAQ questions
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:34:31 AM »
Since Check-Out debuted in the very early portion of 1982, the original stucco walls were used. I'm not sure about Pick-A-pair.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 10:54:43 AM »
...actually, that wasn't the right question.  I meant to ask about the spinning panel.  I've edited the original post so that it actually says what I wanted it to say.

(For what it's worth, the stationary walls didn't change until either the very last episodes of 1982 or the first episode of 1983.)

Offline goodboy16

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 05:55:27 PM »
The spinning panel was solid red on one side and had a brown zig-zag stripes on the game side in late 1981 and I'm pretty sure that that design was used through most of 1982.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 07:47:47 PM »
Double Prices was still being played behind the giant price tag fairly regularly as late as 1983. They even played it for a trip there at that time-- they used a small trip display.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 08:18:42 PM »
On the Nose HAD to have been played more than five times! I saw two different playings of it during its original run: Once with baseball (It was won with ONE ball!) And once with basketball (Lost with three balls). I believe the game was kaput by late spring of '85. The baseball playing was rerun either on July 4th or Labor Day '85, because that was the second time I saw that playing.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 08:27:10 PM »
The debut of On the Nose used baseball too (she won with 4 tries), so it must've used some sports more than once.  I never figured that.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 10:23:42 PM »
There's also two playings of On the Nose shown on gscentral, one with football being used and lost with 4 balls, and one with basketball that was won but I'm not sure how many balls were used.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 10:25:02 PM »
The basketball pictures are from the second playing (which, amazingly, I actually have).  I'm pretty sure the football pictures are from the third.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 01:16:15 AM »
Got a new question, based on the update I made last night:  does anyone know when the normal audience curtains came back during Season 26?  (Or failing that, does anyone at least know which ones were present when Fortune Hunter debuted?)

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 12:44:53 AM »
Well, tpir.tv says the special curtains stayed for one week (I'm not sure after which celebration he's talking about.  I thought the 25th Special was the only one to use the special curtains.).

I'm not sure about it, Steve; you can't trust everything you read.  :-?

But that's my 2 cents.  Hope it helps.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 12:48:41 AM »
No, tpir.tv is right -- but there was another set of curtains that was used for a few weeks afterward before the regular ones came back.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 08:29:06 PM »
Sorry that didn't help, but I have no clue of the curtains you're talking about.  Would you please tell me what they looked like?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 09:40:06 PM »
They were silver and gold and blue...I can't really describe them better than that, 'cause I don't quite remember myself what they looked like.  There's a picture of them somewhere on the internet, but I'll be damned if I can remember where.

Online Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 07:28:18 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
They were silver and gold and blue...I can't really describe them better than that, 'cause I don't quite remember myself what they looked like.  There's a picture of them somewhere on the internet, but I'll be damned if I can remember where.

Is this what you're looking for?
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.