Author Topic: That's Too Much! question  (Read 3368 times)

Offline 1DC

• In Contestant's Row
That's Too Much! question
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:59:11 PM »
With the way this game seems to be set up nowadays, I have a question: Over the 9 year history of That's too Much!, has any contestant ever stopped on the 2nd OR 9th price in the game or has the correct price to shout "That's too Much!" been the 2nd or 9th one prior to the start of season 38?

Online goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: That's Too Much! question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 10:01:13 PM »
I know of only one time Roger put the stopping point at #9, it was in Season 31.

At least one person went all the way to #10 and he, not surprisingly, lost.  Not sure if anyone stopped that early or went specifically to #9.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »
Last season alone, it was the second or ninth price in eight playings out of thirty.

Only one player had the guts to stop at the second price that season, and on his playing it just so happened to be in the third spot.

I know of only one time Roger put the stopping point at #9, it was in Season 31.

It also happened in Seasons 30, 33, and 34, one time each.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 11:15:45 PM »
Roger has put it in the ninth spot 5 times: Once in Season 30, 31, 33, 34, and 36.

I do remember the guy who actually went all the way, and lost. I don't remember when it happened exactly.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 01:05:31 AM »
Wasn't there a woman who went to the last price in season 31 also?  I remember she kept saying "That's not too much!" and had an accent.  She lost of course.

Online goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 07:28:33 AM »
I don't know if she went all the way to the end, but I do remember her quite well.  Bob made a point to remark how she didn't put enough enthusiasm into her "That's Too Much!" as he liked and that she went way too far, I think she was at #7 or #8 before she quit.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Demerolguy

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »
I've watched every show until last year but I really don't remember anyone going all the way to the end of That's too Much. 

If that did happen does anyone have the actual show date or show number that it did happen?

Offline pinball777

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 03:31:45 PM »
There is a video somewhere with the contestant that went all the way to spot number 10. I don't know if it's in our vault or not.

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »
If that did happen does anyone have the actual show date or show number that it did happen?

I found the date!

Episode #2463K, Wednesday, March 5th, 2003: The day someone went all the way in That's too Much!, (and got burned!)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:07:18 PM by joeyboy »

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 08:59:59 PM »
I definitely remember an old woman (who was totally ignoring the audience) going to the tenth price during Season 29...when they finally got to the last price, Bob told her, "I don't know if you've won, but that's definitely too much!"
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.