Author Topic: Not again! (Brandi Cochran Lawsuit)  (Read 117570 times)

Offline Rusty

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Not again! (Brandi Cochran Lawsuit)
« Reply #360 on: March 30, 2011, 11:29:10 AM »
They shouldn't have to worry about counting lines.

The easy remedy is to have them say nothing at all.  They're models, not co-hosts.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #361 on: March 30, 2011, 11:41:59 AM »
It stinks that the models are put between a rock and a hard place.

It could always be worse.  At least the rock and hard place are only metaphorical now.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline tpirbeauty

• In the Audience
« Reply #362 on: April 03, 2011, 08:33:55 PM »
I was very angry when I found out that Brandi was kicked off the show  :evil:
Brandi, Lanisha, and Shane was the ones I considered my current faves and now they're gone.
Out of all the current models that left, the only one that I like is Rachel.

I hope Brandi's a lot happier now.  It really broke my heart when I found out about what she went through at the hands of the horrible producers and how they made fun of her, they're so stupid !
I couldn't agree with you more!  I was heart broken when I found out that Brandi was fired.  My favorites are Brandi, Shane, Lanisha, and Rachel, and all we have left is Rachel and I am scared for her job too!  It is a shame they have ruined what was a great group of girls on the show, and I miss them so much!

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #363 on: April 04, 2011, 03:16:10 AM »
The easy remedy is to have them say nothing at all.  They're models, not co-hosts.

Precisely. If you want them to say more than banalities, put some copy on cue cards, have them read it and pay them accordingly.
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #364 on: April 04, 2011, 10:41:56 PM »
Precisely. If you want them to say more than banalities, put some copy on cue cards, have them read it and pay them accordingly.

Personally, I think it's almost more insulting to them to have them miked but limited to "yes Drew" instead of just not having them talk at all.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #365 on: April 04, 2011, 11:18:17 PM »
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:21:07 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #366 on: April 04, 2011, 11:19:20 PM »
I think having them miked tends to have the exact opposite effect of one of its likely purposes. Sure, one could say, "Hey, let's mic. the models, have them talk, show that they have depth and personality and are not just smiling, beautiful airheads (as the stereotype goes)." But as TGB stated, the "conversation" is so limited that they do come across as ditzy sometimes. (I know they aren't, but it just seems that way sometimes.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:21:35 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #367 on: April 05, 2011, 03:05:24 AM »
I think having them miked tends to have the exact opposite effect of one of its likely purposes. Sure, one could say, "Hey, let's mic. the models, have them talk, show that they have depth and personality and are not just smiling, beautiful airheads (as the stereotype goes)." But as TGB stated, the "conversation" is so limited that they do come across as ditzy sometimes. (I know they aren't, but it just seems that way sometimes.)

That's just about how I feel, quite accurately. It almost comes off as if they're being made to play the character of the ditzy model.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline Rusty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #368 on: April 05, 2011, 09:13:37 AM »
Sure, one could say, "Hey, let's mic. the models, ..."

While reading your post aloud in my head, I realized the unfortunate pronunciation of the word "mic": "Hey, let's Mike the models."  I grinned.

Offline CROCODlLE

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #369 on: April 05, 2011, 01:08:28 PM »
Sorry I wasn't around the last few days when this topic rekindled, and I can't make any statements regarding Brandi's lawsuit revelations, however I would like to highlight this information for those who don't know how all of this works.

Everyone realizes that at the start of the Season, there was a push to have the models verbally interact and interject in the show.  This was a decision of the Executive Producer.  Many people have commented that some of the comments that are made by the models have been "pointless" or "stupid" (not my words).  The AFTRA regulations regarding how many lines are spoken have lots to do with what you see on TV.  So when the models are blamed for making short or seemingly minor comments, that's your reason.  They're only allowed to say so much.

It's my understanding that models have been spoken to by Producers following segments for saying "too much."  (This, after a decision was made to mic them...)

The obvious solution would be to have them simply model the prizes, or give them the freedom to talk and pay for it!

This is concerning. I may be looking too much into this, but could this be the reason Lanisha was let go? She's the only model so far who has been let go Post-Mic, and from what I observed, she definitely said a LOT more during the season than Rachel, Manuela, Gwen, or Amber. Granted, if those four are handling it just fine, then I guess Lanisha had no excuse for keeping her talking short.

This WOULD explain why they don't have the models talking more during Showcases. Who knows how much Rachel and Lanisha received when they had their monologues for the Halloween 2010 Showcases...

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #370 on: April 05, 2011, 08:04:36 PM »
This is concerning. I may be looking too much into this, but could this be the reason Lanisha was let go?

Interesting theory, although Amber was babbling away during the playing of 1/2 Off last week about how it was her first time moving the box.

/Maybe she has some sort of exemption...