Author Topic: The Official pentellit vs. Barker Thread  (Read 324209 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: The Official pentellit vs. Barker Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 02:58:12 AM »
"Everyone".   And who is "everyone" Steve?

You know, I'm gonna be honest here...I don't know exactly who confirmed it.  I'm not one of the people who does the talking with the folks at Television City.  I just know that this is the kind of thing which, if it hadn't been confirmed by people who'd be in a position to know, we'd have shot down pretty quickly.

Nanny starts these rumors before anyone else reports on them, and they are followed up on and invariably confirmed.  That's about all there is to it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 03:11:00 AM »
...confirmed by people who'd be in a position to know

Ok, so who confirmed it? 

'Cause I do talk to the folks at TV City, and on 33, and down in the commissary, and in the makeup room and out in the parking lot, and NOT ONE of them said it was Drew that booted Bart.  Not one.

So if, as you state so emphatically it WAS Drew, I wanna know who's saying that.

Quote from: price_authority
Bob Barker seems to have little regard for testifying truthfully under oath.
Quote from: SteveGavazzi
I really have no desire to sit through another round of this.
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 03:22:17 AM »
Ok, so who confirmed it? 

'Cause I do talk to the folks at TV City, and on 33, and down in the commissary, and in the makeup room and out in the parking lot, and NOT ONE of them said it was Drew that booted Bart.  Not one.

Oh, I know you do.  But I guess you must not be listening very closely.  Or maybe you weren't hearing what you wanted to hear, so you just made up your own versions of their responses.

I actually have a much easier time believing the latter.

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 03:24:39 AM »
C'mon Steve, who confirmed it?
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2010, 03:28:26 AM »
C'mon Steve, who confirmed it?

If I didn't know better, I'd now be forced to conclude that you don't know how to read.

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 03:34:59 AM »
And since you won't, or can't, answer the question, you leave me no choice but to conclude that NO ONE confirmed it.

See this is what I'm talking about.  I say anything and you guys rake me over the coals,which is fine and as it should be.  But some guy with the same level of information as the tape-scraper, tells you a load of unsubstantiated gossip and rumor (and questionable at that) and you guys gobble it up without challenge.  (Well not everyone.  There are several regulars who consistently say "Hey wait a minute....".)

Thank you for making my point Steve.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:45:08 AM by pentellit »
      Then don't.

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2010, 03:55:42 AM »
BTW, someone asked about Gena Nolin.  Here's some new stuff from recent interviews;

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-hollywood15-2010feb15,0,4626752.story

and;
http://retroalitytv.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!
      Then don't.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2010, 04:22:17 AM »
And since you won't, or can't, answer the question, you leave me no choice but to conclude that NO ONE confirmed it.

Well, you're allowed to believe that if you want -- and I'm sure you will, because believing what you want is generally how you operate -- but you're still going to be wrong.

See this is what I'm talking about.  I say anything and you guys rake me over the coals,which is fine and as it should be.  But some guy with the same level of information as the tape-scraper, tells you a load of unsubstantiated gossip and rumor (and questionable at that) and you guys gobble it up without challenge.

Well, maybe if it weren't so obvious that you're still holding a grudge against Barker, we'd be a bit more willing to believe you.

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2010, 04:31:14 AM »
Drew couldn't fire Bart, and that's not what KenCrane said anyway. KenCrane said Drew probably had something to do with it, which I take to mean Drew may have had his henchman do the deed. Note that there was not an orderly transition between the two directors, so what does that tell us? As for KenCrane, he apparently works in the building and relates what he sees here, which is sometimes at odds with the made-up fantasy that gets posted by people thousands of miles from Beverly and Fairfax.

Pentellit has said little if anything about Barker in this thread, which was set up to discuss her claim that Goodson was bedding down Dian, yet the usual suspects are jumping down her throat.

So if, as you state so emphatically it WAS Drew, I wanna know who's saying that.

KenCrane! See above. He/she also says no one likes the new guy, which is consistent with what I've heard from people in the building.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 04:33:48 AM by price_authority »
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2010, 04:40:02 AM »
If Mr. Mark Goodson was alive he would have never allowed Drew Carey to be hired as the host of THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

Those of us who knew Mr. Goodson when he was alive would agree with this in an instant. If CBS forced the issue, TPIR might have wound up on ABC.

I believe Mr. Mark Goodson is still rolling in his grave because of all this changes and disturbing scandals.

And will be for quite some time to come.
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2010, 04:46:25 AM »
...we'd be a bit more willing to believe you.

By now you should have figured out that I don't care if you believe me.  Good grief, what a masochist I would have to be to subject myself to your ceaseless little attacks in the hopes that a glimmer of understanding would break thru your desperate denials.  OMG, it would be brutal if I cared what you thought.  No, what I care about, and the only thing I would hope to convince you of here (if anything) is the need to question EVERYONE who presents themself as an authority.  QUESTION AUTHORITY.  (Gees, I sound like a bumper sticker!)  And especially question the pseudo authorities like the ones on these boards.  You guys have been fed a whole lot of deliberate misinformation... deliberately.  As I've said before, I am only here to tell the other side of that misinformation.  Belief is not required.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 04:55:31 AM by pentellit »
      Then don't.

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2010, 04:54:29 AM »
A certain individual here needs to have a ventriloquist's dummy made named "Pensie" and take his act on the road. Honestly, I'm more tired of these attacks on someone who does know what she's talking about than I am of hearing the rants against Barker, all of which I've heard before. BTW I've never believed Barker was like a father to me as some people here do -- gawd, what a revolting thought.

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2010, 05:03:29 AM »
Those of us who knew Mr. Goodson when he was alive would agree with this in an instant.

I would agree also.  Drew would not be Mr. Goodson's host "type".  (He especially liked Tom Kennedy and said so often.)  But the PTB had a whole lotta reasons spinning on many plates for grabbing Drew, beyond hosting Price.  But that's another story for another time, as is the Dian and Goodson thing.  It's late and I gotta go nite nite.

Sleep well all!
      Then don't.

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2010, 05:06:44 AM »
Drew would not be Mr. Goodson's host "type".

First off, Mr. Goodson would have required an audition. Once he saw how mediocre Drew was, that would have been the end of the discussion.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2010, 10:15:58 AM »
Are you kidding?!?!  She's the one who chooses spot 2 or 9 for That's Too Much.  Devil incarnate!

You just don't know when to quit, do you?

Now he says Kathy Greco "has been known to say things that get her in trouble"(!) and you don't question that?  Do you have information brtsimpson142 that makes you readily believe that about Kathy?

No, I don't have concrete info to suggest Kathy's guilt.  I also have no info that suggests Kathy's innocence.  To me she's an unknown.  And I say that because she's worked on the show for a long time without upsetting anyone, but if I'm not mistaken, her role changed last season or the year before.  It's been my experience that elevated position has the potential to change a person, so I don't have a hard time believing that either the stress or power of the position might cause her to behave in a different fashion than we're accustomed to.  We're hearing that line ("say things that get her in trouble") from a reliable source, but remember the old line that it takes two to tango, so in her case I'm allowing for the possibility that she might say something one way and have it received in another.

Got it?
Bazinga!