Author Topic: The Official pentellit vs. Barker Thread  (Read 326112 times)

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Official pentellit vs. Barker Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2010, 02:16:30 AM »
John, perhaps you could explain to us how a thread about Dian sleeping with Goodson became "The Official pentellit vs. Barker Thread".
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline pleenko

• In the Audience
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2010, 05:07:10 AM »
In an honest effort to bridge the communication gap here, let me pose this scenario:

Imagine working for a boss who starts having sex with a reviled co-worker clearly on a power trip. Imagine that reviled co-worker now having the boss's ear (among other things) and using her new power to try to get her (perceived?) rivals fired. Imagine your boss completely disrespecting your feelings and paying no mind to this totally screwed-up imbalance of power that his libido/ego has created/allowed to transpire.

Imagine this very same boss coming to you after this co-worker sues him, only now instead of ignoring or trying to eliminate you he demands that you defend him publicly and say things you either know or deeply feel to be untrue. When you resist this power play, imagine the retaliation that now comes in various forms—including a sudden preoccupation with your hormone-induced weight gain. Imagine the wall of bricks falling on you.

Imagine trying to speak up but getting fired and sued instead by this same boss. Imagine having your voice stifled when the media starts ignoring you because your boss has—in your view—maliciously prosecuted/sued you to silence you and then break you emotionally and financially.

Imagine justice taking a decade to happen—all the while your friends lose their jobs because you refused to play the game in the first place. Then imagine a community full of seemingly intelligent people continue to question and mock your veracity and your motivations—constantly—while apparently giving the boss whose ego/libido/character flaws/lack of professionalism let(s) all this happen in the first place a pass because he's old, the World's Greatest Emcee, kind to animals, charismatic, sued by "disgruntled" employees, etc., etc., etc.

Just imagine.

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2010, 05:23:56 AM »
Imagine this very same boss coming to you after this co-worker sues him, only now instead of ignoring or trying to eliminate you he demands that you defend him publicly and say things you either know or deeply feel to be untrue.

You forgot the part about the hypothetical boss insisting that the hypothetical employee commit felony perjury in order to protect said hypothetical boss.
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline Pushover72

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2010, 11:00:05 AM »

I've allowed pentellit a place to vent and her venting has naturally attracted the other views to respond.  My intention was to provide our dear pentellit with a home of her own, where she can scream at the top of her lungs to express her passionate love for Bob Barker (deep down we all know that's how she feels) and allow those who don't want to have to sift through it all in another thread a way to promptly ignore her feelings and her posts.

So yes, this has been my most successful thread.

Thank you John. You did a good thing here.

By keeping her here and letting her vent her hatred for Bob (which seems to consume her) and helped the rest of us by keeping her out of other threads where she is always looking for a window to jump in and say "Bob is evil".

This has been a smart move.  those who want to spar with her and come here.  Those of us who are bored by her can just ignore this thread.

We at golden road like to keep statistics.  Well here goes...

This thread has had, despite 77 posts, only 17 contributers of which only nine made more than one post.

The nine that care the most:

Pentillet 15 posts
BartSimpson 14 posts
PriceAuthority 9 posts
SteveGavazzi 8 posts
JoePlinko 7 posts
TheGreatButler 7 posts
Joeyboy 4 posts
ClcokGameJohn (moderator) 4 posts
Peenko 2 posts

Have fun, you nine, the rest of us will keep busy with the other threads.

Once again, Clock Game John, thank you for thinking this up.  Youre a smart guy!

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »
This thread started with:

Latest pentellit news/claim:

"Dian was shacking up with Goodson."

which the moderator named:

The Official pentellit vs. Barker Thread

and then the participants, some of whom feel Bob Barker is their illegitimate father, turned it into:

By keeping her here and letting her vent her hatred for Bob (which seems to consume her) and helped the rest of us by keeping her out of other threads where she is always looking for a window to jump in and say "Bob is evil".

I don't know what you're trying to prove with your statistics (yeah, pentellit has the most posts because HER NAME IS IN THE THREAD TITLE -- duh!) but go ahead and keep your fanboi fingers busy by counting up the contributors in other threads (you can bump my post count in this one to 10 now). Knock yourself out.

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2010, 11:34:32 AM »
I wonder how I never heard of / remember the Goodson-Dian fling.  Perhaps Mr. Goodson knew how to handle both business and business "affairs" well. 

BTW Pushover, not everyone posts in every thread.  If that were the case every thread would be thousands of entries
long.  If someone is interested or has something CONSTRUCTIVE to say, it will be said.  Statistics are terrible inthe fact that they can be presented as factual, in in fact be true, but serve no point but to distort reality.  I guess I'm one person here that doesn't care for statistics.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2010, 11:39:52 AM »
I wonder how I never heard of / remember the Goodson-Dian fling.  Perhaps Mr. Goodson knew how to handle both business and business "affairs" well.

If you're one, I'm two, until it was mentioned here I didn't know about it. 

I guess I'm one person here that doesn't care for statistics.

Again, if you're one, count me as two.  :)
Bazinga!

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »

It was in one of the tabloids 10+ years ago after Goodson had passed away. There was also an article about the working relationship between Dian and another model.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2010, 03:33:47 PM »
Personally, I think it's hilarious that a few people are repeatedly acting like incredible jerks in the course accusing one person of being a jerk.  And pentellit just lets it slide, allowing the others to shout each other down.  Brilliant!  Proof that turning the other cheek can actually be quite effective.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2010, 04:04:06 PM »
Personally, I think it's hilarious that a few people are repeatedly acting like incredible jerks in the course accusing one person of being a jerk.  And pentellit just lets it slide, allowing the others to shout each other down.  Brilliant!  Proof that turning the other cheek can actually be quite effective.

If you think she's turning the other cheek, then there's something else hilarious here.

It is unfortunate and sad what happened to prompt all of this, and when you cut it down to bare facts, she - scratch that, nobody - deserves to have to go through it. But there is a point where living in the past with no ability to ever move on will drive you insane, and THAT is at least where my annoyance with her comes from.

I'm amused that people who disagree with her are automatically labelled 'fanbois' when those doing the labelling don't even realize they're guilty of it too. If you guys only knew...
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2010, 06:36:49 PM »
So....about the statement about Dian and Mark?

Sorry ILoveBonusGame that it’s taken me some time to answer your post.  My life has been kinda crazy this weekend.  I was on my way to the video store when I had to take my Gremlin into the mechanic because it ate my Duran Duran 8track.  Then I got home and couldn’t watch a movie because my Betamax had my worn out copy of Dirty Dancing stuck in it.  So all I could do was stay home and watch reruns of Threes Company and listen to Flock Of Seagulls on my Walkman!

But I’m back now, with both cheeks turned forward, and the answer to your question is;

Mark Goodson and Dian dated.  They remained friends until his death.

There it is.   The un-skewed, non-distorted, completely founded fact, that unfortunately a couple of you found offensive.  Which led to the launching of the Official pentelllit vs. Barker Thread, which we all agree was a brilliant idea on John’s part.  Thank you John.  (Next I want my own website!) ;)

So there you have it in a nutshell.  And I gotta run now 'cause Dukes of Hazzard’s coming on!
Quote from: price_authority
Bob Barker seems to have little regard for testifying truthfully under oath.
Quote from: SteveGavazzi
I really have no desire to sit through another round of this.
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline pleenko

• In the Audience
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2010, 06:57:08 PM »
Pentellit, do you mind if I borrow your legwarmers? That is, if you're not stuck in them? ; )

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2010, 10:05:58 PM »
For what it's worth, this is not the first time I've heard that Mr. Goodson enjoyed the company of certain female staff members. I'm reminded of an anecdote a former colleague related to me when he worked as an editor on the G-T production, That's My Line. This was a 1981 CBS summer replacement series that was hosted by Bob Barker and three female correspondents. The show was something of a mix of PM Magazine, That's Incredible! and Real People.

One day, this fellow was recording voice-overs from one of the ladies who was situated inside an announce booth down the hall. A few minutes into the session, the narration was interrupted by the sound of a door opening and closing ... then the muffled voice of the young woman: "Ooh, Mr. Goodson! Ooooh!"

Intimate relations with attractive models? That's good work if you can get it. What becomes objectionable, however, is when the relationship is between people of different "ranks" within the same organization. (Yes, Les Moonves and Julie Chen: I'm looking straight at you.) Ultimately, these situations bring bad mojo to the workplace. When Dian Parkinson (allegedly) started having affairs with two of the show's executives, her status rose beyond that of her coworkers on the set. People felt they had to walk on eggshells around Dian lest she whisper something negative about them into Mark's or Bob's ear.

There's another important reason why managers ought not date their staff. Most all workplace dalliances will eventually reach an ugly conclusion rather than a happy forevermore. When the end does come, one or both parties is going have hurt feelings and be apt to become vengeful in ways that do further damage within the work environment.

To my thinking, although Dian might have been the instigator of the relationships with her bosses, each man showed poor judgment by becoming intimately involved with a coworker/subordinate. But that's what happens when we let organs below the waist do our thinking rather than our brains.

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2010, 02:51:21 AM »
For what it's worth, this is not the first time I've heard that Mr. Goodson enjoyed the company of certain female staff members.

Staffers and wannabe staffers alike, as well as wannabe Mrs. Goodsons.

There was an article in one of the tabloids at least 10 years ago to the effect that Mr. Goodson had a casting couch. Based on what I've observed and what I've heard, the article didn't seem too far fetched. This was in an era when the phrase "sexual harassment" had yet to be coined. In addition, Goodson enjoyed a special status because the common wisdom was that if you wanted to get ahead in show business you didn't sue a producer. Nowadays you would sue that producer for sexual harassment, get a settlement and retire wealthy (it beats auditions and casting couches).

To my thinking, although Dian might have been the instigator of the relationships with her bosses, each man showed poor judgment by becoming intimately involved with a coworker/subordinate.

If Mr. Goodson had run the bagel shop across Fairfax instead of being a multimillionaire television producer, do you think he would have had lovely ladies half his age on his arm? In my humble opinion every woman who had a dalliance with Mr. G. had an ulterior motive.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:54:07 AM by price_authority »

Offline kens5368035

• In the Audience
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2010, 03:16:29 PM »
I like Pentellit! She's cool with me