Author Topic: Forum Prize Calculations Questions?  (Read 6873 times)

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
Forum Prize Calculations Questions?
« on: May 15, 2006, 09:58:23 PM »
Hello All!

I have a question:

How are the prizes calculated on the forums to determine who won what individually?  Since the only totals given are cumulative totals, how is/does Golden Road.net break down the values of each prize?  That is GREAT that you do that for us!

Regards,

Joe

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: Forum Prize Calculations Questions?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 01:23:16 AM »
You know, that’s a good question. Except on a few rare occasions, prices are given out to individual products:  see every Item Up For Bids, multiprize game, car game, etc. Most of the time, if it’s a prize package in a fee game, Adam just treats it as one giant prize. In cases where an ARP isn’t given, like Master Key or Clock Game, Adam will try to find out if that prize has been offered by the show before (e.g. the robotic vacuum cleaners on the 2/10/23 Key playing). He doesn’t go back to past shows if a product appears later in the season though.

For CSS purposes, yeah, it’s mostly guesswork based on assumptions that might involve ARPs on manufacturers websites and such.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Forum Prize Calculations Questions?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 02:28:48 AM »
You know, that’s a good question. Except on a few rare occasions, prices are given out to individual products:  see every Item Up For Bids, multiprize game, car game, etc. Most of the time, if it’s a prize package in a fee game, Adam just treats it as one giant prize. In cases where an ARP isn’t given, like Master Key or Clock Game, Adam will try to find out if that prize has been offered by the show before (e.g. the robotic vacuum cleaners on the 2/10/23 Key playing). He doesn’t go back to past shows if a product appears later in the season though.

For CSS purposes, yeah, it’s mostly guesswork based on assumptions that might involve ARPs on manufacturers websites and such.

If the contestant who wins a prize (package) whose value wasn’t revealed also wins their showcase, then I also think Adam determines the value of the prizes by working backward from the contestant’s final total. At least, that’s how I would do it.