Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/10/2010  (Read 30354 times)

Offline redhawkhockeyfan

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/10/2010
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 12:42:01 AM »
Always enjoy seeing Hole in One played and good to see the rebound work out for Ariana!

Good for Drew making it to 500 episodes, but I was pretty convinced we were going to see one of the Big 3 today.  I agree with Steve: TTM was the absolute worst pricing game to put in the first slot. 

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 02:21:16 AM »
I also agree with those that said that TTM should not have been played first.  And then when it's followed by Punchy, it's a surefire way to start the show with two depressing losses.

I would have done the slotting like this:

Hole in One
Squeeze Play
Danger Price
Push Over
That's Too Much
Punch a Bunch

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 07:19:59 AM »
Considering they don't make the Five Hundred anymore, no...

Oops; I didn't know it was discontinued, and probably not for long enough to be considered a classic. Well, the Challenger looks much nicer anyway.  :P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:22:11 AM by GameShowKid »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 07:27:39 AM »
Was anyone besides me thinking the second showcase would end with a Ford Five Hundred? Or maybe that's just a little too much?  :-)

They kind of did offer a Five Hundred today; the Taurus in That's Too Much started out in life as the Five Hundred until a couple of years ago.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 07:56:13 AM »
True. Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:35:57 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 08:30:01 AM »
Most Expensive was set up for an easy win, and it felt like Danger Price was too.  And why am I not surprised That's Too Much showed up today--only to be lost.  The only thing that could've made it worse would've been Lucky $even, for a $18,719 car.

On the other hand, I'm glad Plinko wasn't played, it seems like that one game is getting WAY too much exposure these past few years.  And there weren't any of those darned quickies (Squeeze Play is acceptable, but Douple Prices is not).

The execution of the "free $500 just for coming up on stage" was very poorly executed.  I'm sorry, but Drew "forgetting" about it every act got old really quick.  They had to refill his pockets with hundreds during each break, so I just don't buy it.  I knew it was going to happen beforehand, but when he didn't say it while explaining the rules to the one-bid to start with, I wondered if it was even going to be seen on the air.

As for the lineup overall, well I just don't know.  No Golden Road.  No Triple Play.  None of the bigger prizes or special games that special-occasion shows are supposed to have.  And depressingly few wins (the two we had felt like they were set up so that even a Fremantle executive moron couldn't lose).  I'm sorry, but as has been said, this was par for the course for the theme shows this year.  Season 38 is just about over with anyway, so let's hope for brighter days ahead in season 39.
Bazinga!

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 08:36:53 AM »
And just because starting with That's Too Much! wasn't enough proof that these people are clueless, they offered a two-prize showcase.  God.

Uh, unless you're not counting the cash as a prize (or counting it as part of the Las Vegas trip), there were three prizes in that first Showcase (the money, the Vegas vacation and the poker table).

And of course, how do we start what's supposed to be a special episode?  By playing That's Too Much!, of course!  (Idiots.)

Agreed that That's Too Much! probably wasn't a good choice for the first game on this "special episode." Nothing wrong with the game itself; I've always thought that a good player or someone who's knowledgable about car prices can defeat Fingers' "second or ninth stragegy" (placing the right answer second or ninth) more often than not.

But as I said earlier, I thought this "special episode" should have started with Golden Road or (at least) Triple Play ... at least that's how I would start this show.

Brian
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:41:31 AM by Briguy »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 08:39:36 AM »
Uh, unless you're not counting the cash as a prize (or counting it as part of the Las Vegas trip), there were three prizes in that first Showcase (the money, the Vegas vacation and the poker table).

It seemed to me that they were including the money as part of the vacation.

And even if they weren't, cash is a strange prize to end a showcase with.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 09:43:18 AM »
Great show yesterday Drew did a wonderful job as host.

Congratulations Drew on your 500th show!!!!!! :biggrin:
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »
Squeeze Play coulda been won easily but the contestant wasn't smart enough to win.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 11:29:21 AM »
Wow, Punch a Bunch was actually easy for once.
Don't get too used to it...they obviously did that for the sole reason of increasing the chances that she'd find a $500 slip because, honestly, why else play Punch-A-Bunch today?  :)

Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 04:24:37 PM »
It got on my nerves a bit that in all the setups where 500 was incorporated into that it mattered (Push Over, Squeeze Play), it was the WRONG ANSWER.

That said, this was an alright show. Without the Hole In One win it would have been near worthless, but alright. Way too much Drew self-congratulating for my tastes. And the way Rich acted in OB2 and 3 acting like Drew was a god or something was just uncalled for (granted, he does that every day, but he somehow did that even worse today). Did Price the show itself do this much celebrating when it hit 500 episodes? So this show left a bad taste in my mouth, but was nice to see 4 punches won in Punchy, and nice to see Hole In One at least.

Timings:
That's Too Much! - 3:12
Punch A Bunch - 6:22
Push Over - 3:02
Danger Price - 3:51
Hole In One - 6:42
Squeeze Play - 3:10
Total time: 26:19

Offline katrinka_ohio

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 05:28:38 PM »
Wonder if Drew had to visit a chiropractor after his "greeting" from Monet?  I agree with other posters that the setup for Punch A Bunch was too easy.  It's a shame she only ended up with $50.

P.S. - why was this thread locked for a time?  Just wondering.
Go fellow Buckeye Drew!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 05:31:08 PM »
There's no such thing as a setup too easy in Punchy.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »
 I agree with other posters that the setup for Punch A Bunch was too easy.  

Too easy? It's about time Punchy had an easy setup for the SP's after the endless impossible SP's they've been using in that game lately.