Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/17/2010 (DSW #1)  (Read 48407 times)

Offline left4thehouse

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/17/2010
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 05:50:55 PM »
L7: I needed Lucky Eight. Tricky to Joe Plinko, LFaT should have had a puncher's chance.
PA#: Blindly guessed eight.
Bonus: Definetly thought the BONUS was the mixer. Kudos on the set up.
SS1: Fine work by Jennifer
Range: And the entire board screams $7998, followed by NOOO!
PtB: It's $5,000 and not shaped like a breadbox.
CG: Ya know, Clock Game and Bonus Game on the same show warms the old heart. Don't know why; it just does. And the $200 dinnerware is always used when the $89 dinnerware isn't good enough.
And an excellent bid for the first DSW makes for a good show.

Be safe out there tonight!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »
$250 for a mixer? Least that wasn't the bonus. Plus those patio heaters again for Clock Game? Where's the variety?

Kudos to Kendra for the DSW!

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 06:29:05 PM »
That same Kitchen Aid mixer was a game show staple in the mid-late 80s. A yellow version of it was worth $469 on LMAD back then.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 05:21:57 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline OrchestraRicki

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 07:48:13 PM »
Eh, it was quite interesting, Doc, that Kendra had won both Showcases with a difference of a Cleveland, Ohio, area code (216)! :-)

Hector Manuel Torres Jr.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 08:11:21 PM »
$250 for a mixer?

Yup. Stand mixers are über expensive. My wife keeps bugging me to buy her one everytime she sees one. It isn't just a hand mixer !!
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
Aside from one episode in Season 32, I don't remember the showcase contestants "hoping" with each other like that during the price reveal.
It happened in an MDS during Drew's first season... I believe it was the show with the first-ever million-dollar win.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 08:31:31 PM »
I think Drew did a fantastic job of hosting today.  He had a lot of pep in his step.

Except for his showcase reveal, I have to disagree. I thought he was too manic at times, especially during Bonus Game, which he is still not good at explaining. But it was good to see both it and Pass The Buck (two of my favorites) on the same show.

Congrats to Kendra! :)

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 08:32:09 PM »
I never thought we'd see a DSW again. Today's was way overdue!!!

I was a little disappointed with Rich DiPirro today. Why couldn't he have used the classic Bonus Game shot as it was coming around on the turntable?

On the other hand...Bonus Game and Clock Game on the same show was nice. The two games that have the classic box shape.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »
FINALLY! I thought we were going to have a season without a DSW, but I was proven wrong today! I bet it's not the first time that a DSW has happened on a holiday!

It's not an official holiday, but the last time I remember it was either Season 33 or 34 where someone was a DSW on the Christmas Eve episode.

I thought today was a fantastic episode for the most part.

Lucky 7- tough luck

Pick-a-number- I figured it was between the 6 or the 8. The 4 just didn't look right

Bonus Game- Despite the first 3 prizes being really difficult, it was nice to see that this was actually a forced win!

Clock Game- Surprisingly he at least got the heat lamps. This guy really needed to get some lessons from our own Clockgamejohn on how to play Clock Game!

Showcases- This comment is actually for Drew. Drew you did a kickass job on that reveal! The only two thoughts running through my head when you did the reveal was "OH NO! she either went over or it was a lot more ridiculously expensive then she thought". And thankfully it was neither.  I will say that Kendra cleaned house pretty nicely too!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:40:31 PM by catdogwheel »
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »
Boy, there were chunks of this show that Drew just hosted badly.  He joked last year that he was "drunk already" at the start of the episode...I think maybe he should have saved that comment for today.

Why did Drew comment on the "luck of the Irish" after Pick-a-Number when they hadn't won any games yet?

I wonder if so many green games were played today on purpose...Pick-a-Number, Range Game, and Pass the Buck are all awash in it, and Clock Game used to be green.

Speaking of Clock Game, I wonder if all those asterisks are permanent or if they were just put there for St. Patrick's Day.  I can't decide whether I like them or not.

Still speaking of Clock Game, Clinton didn't play it well at all.  He wasn't using any kind of pattern whatsoever.

I don't know what the hell Rich was trying to sound like in the second showcase, but it sure as hell wasn't an Irishman.  Actually, it sounded more like a bad imitation of someone from the Middle East.

I still can't believe there was a double showcase win.  That was just...amazing.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »
I agree with Steve on Drew's hosting. He was really sporadic today and not as good as the past two days IMO.

Surprised they didn't play Golden Road...but I guess that's because we saw Triple Play.

Bonus Game I thought was easy.. I would have gotten the kettle wrong.

Range Game for two prizes again? At least it a pair of the same prize.

Clock Game was played horribly. Sad too. I kind of like the asterisks. Different IMO.

And Drew did really well on that DSW reveal! A lot better than yesterday's DOB.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »
Why did Drew comment on the "luck of the Irish" after Pick-a-Number when they hadn't won any games yet?

What sort of luck brings about 1,000 years of invasion, colonization, exploitation, starvation and mass emigration? :lol:
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »
I wonder if so many green games were played today on purpose...Pick-a-Number, Range Game, and Pass the Buck are all awash in it, and Clock Game used to be green.

Steve, I was thinking the same thing today as I was watching. To me, Lucky Seven and Bonus Game were good games to play today if they were following a "theme" like that. "Bonus", "Lucky"..... interesting thought. Too bad Golden Road wasn't played since I always thought the rainbow at the final prize was like the contestant's pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 10:40:59 PM »
Wow, a DSW! I forgot what one of those looked like! That was awesome - knew it was only a matter of time. And on that note, odd but nice to see almost $100k worth of winnings on a 1-for-6 show. Lots of Irish luck on the wheel and in the showcases today - too bad we couldn't get more in the pricing games.

The 2nd showcase might have been mildly effective if that were anything close to an Irish accent, but as it was it was awkward. The Irish jig during the 2nd showcase showdown, on the other hand, was fairly entertaining and a good lead in to the plug on priceisright.com similar to the a capella group from a couple weeks ago - I just hope they don't start overdoing these lead-ins and keep them to once every couple weeks at most. Drew's transition to it from the showdown was very awkward, though.

The whole DSW thing actually leaves me feeling satisfied heading into the break.....

Timings:
Lucky $even (4.5) - 3:22
Pick A Number (3.5) - 2:45
Bonus Game (5.5) - 5:10
Range Game (4) - 3:05
Pass The Buck (5.5) - 4:59
Clock Game (4.5) - 4:42
Total time (27.5): 24:03

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »

Don't forget Bonus Game. There may not be a lot of green on it, but there's green nonetheless.