Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/29/2010  (Read 10907 times)

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/29/2010
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 12:57:47 AM »
Wow, what an interesting and overall great episode today. That is now the SIXTEENTH time in a row that Flip Flop has been lost when flipping and flopping was the correct answer, so you will probably continue to see it be set up that way. Still, that loss can be entirely attributed to the audience.

But apart from that downer, we have Drew hosting well and sincerely (as Steve noted - though did anyone catch that "I'm Drew Carey, and I love brussels sprouts" line when he entered? That was just bizarre. Drew is weird...heh). We had a miracle 8-box 1/2 Off win, a terrific Grocery Game playing, Grocery Game for 2 rooms in 2 doors (great job DiPirro), Safe Crackers showing up last and for a car for the first time since the Dob lineups (and won!) - just very fun to watch today. Oh, and Stagey's best combined performance in the showcase possibly of the season! Shame that Pathfinder wasn't won, but both bids turned out to be solid. If every show was like this, no one would be complaining about much of anything.

Timings:
1/2 Off (5.5) - 5:19
Flip Flop (3.5) - 2:54
More Or Less (5.5) - 4:16
Grocery Game (5) - 5:40
Switch? (3.5) - 2:51
Safe Crackers (4.5) - 5:08
Total time (27.5): 26:08

Offline MDupont

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 03:05:40 AM »
I've seen the Waverunner in Flip-Flop enough to know that it's $9,598, and I knew right away that the audience was going to blow it for Raquel. On the topic of prizes, when the Pathfinder was introduced in SC2 as a "new Pathfinder", it made me think that they should play Pathfinder for one.

Come to think of it, has there ever been an time when a Pathfinder was played for during a game of Pathfinder????
Dorothy to Rose: So what? You put an ad in the personals column that said I will do anything for eight dollars an hour?! Right under an ad that reads, "History professor seeking non-smoking Oriental woman who is into Wesson Oil and bears a resemblance to Florence Henderson."

-From the Golden Girls

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 06:01:39 AM »
I'd half expected Greco to not use the end in zero rule for the small prize in Safe Crackers when a car is in the safe.

Offline penny_ante

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Old Penny board c 1982
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 01:19:07 AM »
I'd half expected Greco to not use the end in zero rule for the small prize in Safe Crackers when a car is in the safe.

I thought so, too. It was a complete giveaway. With so many evil setups lately, I can only say, it's about time.

I have to say, there was a whole lot of goodness in this episode, but the double prize for 'Grocery Game' was weird.
Penny Ante
1979-2002
RIP, Old Friend

Offline woohookitty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 02:23:02 AM »
It was so nice to see Grocery Game played well. The way to go is always the creep up method unless something is really obvious.

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 10:34:57 PM »
This was a very enjoyable show. I like the Switch Segway thing. I always feel cheated when the contestant doesn't switch. I love Drew's schtick about near collisions (although it was a different situation with the Segway). I guess I'm easily amused.

It was so nice to see Grocery Game played well. The way to go is always the creep up method unless something is really obvious.
He played it exactly right, keeping the low price grocery items in reserve in to cover the time of window that he might need to get into as he approached his target. I think this was just Manuela second time working the register on Grocery Game. The only other time I can remember, the contestant went over on the first item. It seems that with a former model search participant, Drew has chosen to refrain the "discovered in a grocery store" bit he uses with Lanisha and Rachel.

The offbeat small prizes seem to show up frequently in 1/2 Off (R2D2, french fry phone, etc.).