Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/01/2010 (April Fools Price III)  (Read 61222 times)

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/01/2010 (April Fools Price III)
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 03:42:56 PM »
I enjoyed today show too it was great.

I love it when Mimi was teasing Drew it was so funny.  :biggrin:
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »
I went back to watch this one again. Amazing how Manuela was hidden in plain sight (until One-Bid #4). Another thing they left out of today's show - all those CBS show promos. If only that would extend beyond today...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:09:31 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 03:49:38 PM »
Poor turntable games, not having any representatives since Mimi placed her office on the turntable.
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 03:54:02 PM »
The Pat thing was over played. And I'm still waiting for Mimi to call Drew "pig". But otherwise a great show.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 03:56:43 PM »
This show wasn't as bad as it was put out to be.  Granted, it was by no means great...last year's was definitely better...but it wasn't bad, either.

The "Pat" thing grew old fast. I really wonder how contestants knew who was going to be called, since all Rich said was "Pat"...they must have had cue cards with their real names on them. I agree with the whole "being cheated" thing...they really should have been called by their real names.

Mimi wasn't that bad...though I could have done without a lot of her appearances.  I did find the second Showcase funny with the exact same prizes...sadly, that's about the only part of the show I actually found funny.

...holy crap, the games were winnable today! Pat played Lucky Seven very well in particular...she practically had a guaranteed win on the last number!  I wonder what Pat was thinking on the second Showcase, though.

OVERALL: 3/5.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline clemsonfight

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »

The "Pat" thing grew old fast. I really wonder how contestants knew who was going to be called, since all Rich said was "Pat"...they must have had cue cards with their real names on them. I agree with the whole "being cheated" thing...they really should have been called by their real names.
I'm pretty sure that's what happened since they apparently do that for all the contestants anyway now.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »
Plinko: Wow, I certainly did not expect this game first! And $21,000 was the icing on the cake!

One Away: The best part of the game was Mimi and her steering wheel.

Pick-a-Pair: I see they're copying off Grocery Game with that holiday theme.

Range Game: Dead center paid off this time, and Rachel the stagehand was a nice surprise.

Lucky $even: Another Rachel cameo as she pushes the car all the way onto the stage...followed by one of the best playings of this game in recent years.

Double Prices: Whatever happened to Alakazam? Guess Mimi's not a big fan of that word.

Showcases: That was funny, with the same three prizes in both Showcases, and then a Mini Cooper in the second Showcase. Add a $25,450 car to the mix, and make it really more interesting.

Miscellaneous: Anybody else besides me a little disappointed that Mimi did not call Drew a "pig" or "doughboy"? BTW, I really enjoyed the show, with its many surprises everywhere on the set. I liked seeing Gwen as the CBS page, Rachel as the aforementioned stagehand, and Manuela as the audience member. I couldn't stop cracking up over Rich the monkey, but why did everybody have to be called "Pat"? Well, I'd like to see what's up their sleeve for Season 39...

Offline Wolfman2000

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
And now, the top five things I liked about this April Fool's Day episode (best is last):

• Fitting the grandfather clock in for the IUFB.
  • Rich the Monkey.
  • Mimi the Sound Effects Lady.
  • Rachel pushing the Lucky $even car.
  • The twin showcases...until the end. That had me laughing for almost a solid 2 minutes on Skype.

Comparing this year's to last year's...last year had more gags, but most of the gags in this one just worked out better. Quality vs Quantity.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 04:34:30 PM »
This was way better than last year's April Fools' show... it was much more thought out and well-planned. I especially loved Gwen, Rachel, and Manuela's hidden roles. :lol:

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: The "Pat" that lost the Showcase
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
I dunno if it was an intentional tip of the hat to Saturday Night Live, but at one point Drew declared during a Come on Down, "It's Pat!"  :oldlol:
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
Overall a fun silly show... that grandfather clock gag in contestants row was the best. Next year, lets have one come down from the ceiling.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 04:59:17 PM »
but why did everybody have to be called "Pat"? Well, I'd like to see what's up their sleeve for Season 39...

Well since Rich (or the guy wearing the suit and monkey head) couldn't speak through the monkey head I would guess that all of the prize copy and calldowns were prerecorded.  And since nobody knew the contestants names at the time of recording, they likely came up with the "Pat" gag as a solution.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 05:05:15 PM »
Well since Rich (or the guy wearing the suit and monkey head) couldn't speak through the monkey head I would guess that all of the prize copy and calldowns were prerecorded.

Either that, or Rich did the announcing live from a hidden corner backstage, because we saw him do little cameo spots during the second half (like during Range Game when he walked across the set on a cell phone)
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 05:40:34 PM »
I went back to watch this one again. Amazing how Manuela was hidden in plain sight (until One-Bid #4). Another thing they left out of today's show - all those CBS show promos. If only that would extend beyond today...

You talking about during the commercial breaks?  (You got my hopes up, I thought at first this meant no splitscreen credits)

And what was the nod to The Office in the credits?
Bazinga!

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 05:43:44 PM »
I don't think you'd feel cheated if you were called on down and won "fabulous prizes". Personally, the show could call me "Turd Brain" for all I care. :lol:

It's too much to ask that if someone's called to "Come on Down", that they are called by their real name?  :?

One question I forgot to ask earlier: Is this the first time that the CANOS plug was edited out?

Well since Rich (or the guy wearing the suit and monkey head) couldn't speak through the monkey head I would guess that all of the prize copy and calldowns were prerecorded.  And since nobody knew the contestants names at the time of recording, they likely came up with the "Pat" gag as a solution.

Like Stephanie said, He was probably backstage doing the announcing. In regards to the Pat gag, I really doubt that no one on staff didn't know any of the audience member's names. Something like that would make the staff look really incompetant.