Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/31/2010  (Read 20823 times)

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/31/2010
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 12:58:03 AM »
Push- how was that lost? That's the beauty of 5-digits, it narrows it down to practically 2 choices.

SBS- did anyone else have a hard time seeing the ARP?

Punch- those were some easy SPs for a change! She could've faired better I think if she would've gazed over the board a little.

Any #- well it's better than the damned piggy bank.

Showcases- someone had Christmas on the brain when it came to change the colors for the OVER background. Was anyone else wanting a candy cane when you saw it? I say go with a black and white background or go back to the original.

Today's show gets an A-.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline starcade

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 01:34:52 AM »
I know this is probably going to get deleted and may get me banned, but since I know TPTB at TPiR read the board:

Congratulations to Fingers Greco, *removed*.

You finally got what you wanted, a full-scale EL SKUNKO!

Congratulations on slightly tarnishing the legacy of a once-great show you have taken great joy in destroying!!

*I'm not one for banning, but I still can't let you use the sort of language you did.  Last I checked, Greco wasn't a female dog.*
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:16:06 AM by PriceFanArmadillo »

Online ElectricPeterTork

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2010, 01:56:18 AM »
Oh, yeah.

It was Fingers' fault that the contestant pushed past the obvious price during pushover.

It was Fingers instructing the audience to scream "TV" on One Wrong Price, leading a gullible contestant to choose what was obviously the incorrect answer.

And, it's also Fingers' fault that people still think cars end in "0" and "5", leading to Cover-up, and probably Any Number to be blown, even though anyone who has watched more than one TPIR episode this year can plainly see that cars on the show usually end in a 4 or a 9.

Also, she told the contestants to grossly overbid during the showcases, when almost any other set of contestants would have underbid, at the very least, on showcase 2.

Yeah, today was all TPTB's fault.  :roll:

Anyway, I was kind of hoping for a DOB by the end. After what I considered bad game playing by the contestants, I just wanted to see a complete wash of the whole thing.

The only contestant that I thought played a good game was the young lady at the punch board. Everyone else...  :roll:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:01:44 AM by ElectricPeterTork »
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2010, 02:30:03 AM »
Complete Shutout!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2010, 08:16:41 AM »
That said, starcade, I still don't see how the blame is Greco's.  Even my girlfriend was remarking to me last night about how dumb today's contestants were.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2010, 10:04:45 AM »
Assuming that Punch a Bunch is still set up the way Roger did it, they would need to alter their methods significantly for this to be feasible.

How would they need to "alter their methods significantly" for this to be feasible? I'd think all they'd need to do is have someone record where the slips go — at least the $10,000 and $25,000 ones, although to make it practical, they'd also have to keep track of where the other slips went — and have someone from S&P standing with them to observe. Not much different than, say, the security guard hiding the grand-prize check on "The New Treasure Hunt" in the 1970s (and its 1981-1982 revival).

Assuming it's set up the way Roger did it — does this mean there were holes where the grand-prize slips tended to be hidden? I would have thought that this was all random (i.e., the slips folded and then everything shuffled up before being stuffed into the holes).

------------

Regarding Starcade's post, hold on now. I thought everything was fair and jim dandy today. Things just didn't work out for the contestants. Playing the odds, a complete "el skunko" is bound to happen now and then, and Fingers Greco's setups (or whoever did them) have nothing to do with this show's outcome. Notice the last one happened while Roger Dobkowitz was still with the show, and there were a handful during the Bob Barker-era. Though understandably less than desirable, "winless shows" do happen, so deal with it and move on.

As I said earlier, I liked this episode because the contestants still had fun, Drew did a good job of hosting and the feel of the show was good. A complete "el skunko" can be a lot more enjoyable sometimes than a show where most of the games were won but we have theatrics that truly detract from the show. I'd think some of you who denounce this particular episode would rather eat "Fried Chicken," if you ask me.

Oh, and remember, we had an $11,000 winner in the Showcase Showdown, so someone came out good. Oh yeah, that apparently doesn't count in Starcade's view.

Brian
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:14:51 AM by Briguy »

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2010, 10:17:39 AM »
How would they need to "alter their methods significantly" for this to be feasible? I'd think all they'd need to do is have someone record where the slips go — at least the $10,000 and $25,000 ones, although to make it practical, they'd also have to keep track of where the other slips went — and have someone from S&P standing with them to observe. Not much different than, say, the security guard hiding the grand-prize check on "The New Treasure Hunt" in the 1970s (and its 1981-1982 revival).

Assuming it's set up the way Roger did it — does this mean there were holes where the grand-prize slips tended to be hidden? I would have thought that this was all random (i.e., the slips folded and then everything shuffled up before being stuffed into the holes).

------------

Regarding Starcade's post, hold on now. I thought everything was fair and jim dandy today. Things just didn't work out for the contestants. Playing the odds, a complete "el skunko" is bound to happen now and then, and Fingers Greco's setups (or whoever did them) have nothing to do with this show's outcome. Notice the last one happened while Roger Dobkowitz was still with the show, and there were a handful during the Bob Barker-era. Though understandably less than desirable, "winless shows" on TPiR do happen — just like any other classic game show, which all have had days where the contestants perform poorly or don't seem to win much — so deal with it and move on. (The extended losing buzzer after the "double overbid," sounding over the losing horns, was added in just for comic effect, BTW.)

As I said earlier, I liked this episode because the contestants still had fun, Drew did a good job of hosting and the feel of the show was good. A complete "el skunko" can be a lot more enjoyable sometimes than a show where most of the games were won but we have theatrics that truly detract from the show. I'd think some of you who denounce this particular episode would rather eat "Fried Chicken," if you ask me.

Oh, and remember, we had an $11,000 winner in the Showcase Showdown, so someone came out good. Oh yeah, that apparently doesn't count in Starcade's view.

Brian

Offline BudMann9

• Outside in Line
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2010, 11:47:29 AM »
If they start showing us where the 25K and 10K slips are, we'd start to learn where they like to put them. Unless it's random.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
How would they need to "alter their methods significantly" for this to be feasible?

I don't think I can answer that without breaking the game in a way that wouldn't be possible with something like Master Key or Pass the Buck.  It's not done the same way, and it's a method of Roger's that I don't think I should reveal.

I would have thought that this was all random (i.e., the slips folded and then everything shuffled up before being stuffed into the holes).

Very little on The Price Is Right is random.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »
Very little on The Price Is Right is random.

As I've come to know.

Brian

Offline SpunkyMunky

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2010, 05:50:21 PM »
If they start showing us where the 25K and 10K slips are, we'd start to learn where they like to put them. Unless it's random.

Well, we do know where they like to hide the money in the 1/2 Off game at the end. Just curious why the Punch Board would be so different.