Author Topic: TPiR Recap: 01/09/04 ( Perfect Show !!! ) FULL COMPLETE RECAP  (Read 7866 times)

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
Hi, everybody, my computer has been acting up and it's basically got a mind of it's own
now because I had previously put up this recap earlier today but when I went to go back and check it, half off it got cut off and I have to retype it again, so here is the FULL AND COMPLETE recap and I'll sorry for the mixup.

Show Production Number: ?
Opening Graphics: Money! Money! Money!, Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!, Fun! Fun! Fun!
First four lineup: Mixed
Barker: Stage Entrance
Handoff: Rachel
Announcer: Randy West

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds, and Brandi Sherwood-Cochran
Wardrobe: Tadashi  Jewelry: Cookie Lee

1. Valley-Dynamo's Tornado Cyclone 2 Foosball Table ( Lanisha & Brandi ) $1195
Bidders: Aaron: $400  Lori: $700*  Jeanne: $600  Kevin: $500
Lori wins.

( Before Bob revealed the actual price of the foosball table, he points out another one of his " historic moments ", the bids: $400, $500, $600, $700 ).

Lori will play FIVE PRICE TAGS for a Ford Mustang Convertable Deluxe ( comes with V6 engine, air cond., the pony package ) ( Rachel )

The five price tags to choose from: $23,214, $22,962, $24,725, $26,940, $25,118
( Lanisha and Rachel will wheel out the four small prizes used in today's playing )

1. Air Compresser ( Lanisha ), price is $81, Lori says FALSE ( RIGHT, $60 )
2. Condiment Carrier ( Rachel ), price is, Lori says TRUE ( RIGHT, $16 )
3. MP3 Player ( Lanisha ), price is, Lori says FALSE ( RIGHT, $97 )
4. Food Chopper ( Rachel ), price is FLASE ( RIGHT, $10 )

Lori had FOUR choices of the FIVE price tags and Bob jokingly says " Never in the history
of this game, have I had a car loss when a contestant had four choices of the five price tags, let's just give her the pink slip, should we go through this ? " as the studio audience cheers in agreement.

Lori's first choice: $24,725 ( WIN !!!!!!!! )
LORI WINS THE CAR ( and the four small prizes ) !!!!!!!!!!

2. Ashley's Glen-Eagle Secertary Desk ( Rachel and then Lanisha brings out a basket that has two bunny rabbits inside ! Betty and Olaf from Pasaenda Human Society and SPCA  ) $698
Bidders: ROBERT: $769  Jeanne: $770  Kevin: $1  Aaron: $2*
Aaron wins.

Aaron will play SQUEEZE PLAY for a Trip to London ( 6 night stay at the Kensington House Hotel ) ( Brandi )

Numbers: 63149
Aaron says take out the 1 but Bob goofs and accidentally takes out the 4 and Aaron said " The 1 ! " as Bob grabbed the numbers before they squeezed together and drops the 4 and you can hear it hit the ground.

Bob: Get the 4, will ya, please. Get the 4.
( Aaron races to get the 4 as the studio audience starts giggling )
Bob: Now, see, this thing's set in motion, it takes all my strength to hold it back.
( Bob takes out the 1 as Aaron quickly puts in the 4 )
Bob: Get it in there, get it in there quick! There you are! Well Done!
( the studio audience is cheering and applauding )
Bob: I tell you, this show takes a lot out of a man!

After all that, it pays off for Aaron as he win the trip to London and Bob gives him the 1 to keep as a souvenir. ( $6,349 ).

3. Lanisha and Rachel bring out 2 Raleigh SE200 Sport Bikes $880
Bidders: MEGAN: $950  Robert: $1200  Jeanne: $1150  Kevin: $850*
Kevin wins.

Kevin will play SHOPPING SPREE for the following:
Ashley's Barrington Heights Armoire,
La-Z-Boy Sleeper Sofa ( Brandi ),
Kaiser Bakeware collection,
His and Hers Cal Pak Luggage ( Rachel ).

Kevin has $3800 to spend.
Kevin's purchases: Armoire: $1318 ( $2482 left ), Sofa: $1069 ( $1413 left ),
Luggage: $1500 ( WIN ! )  Bakeware: $603 ( Kevin has spent $3887 )
Kevin wins.

Showcase Showdown #1:
Kevin: 15-spins again-15=30
Aaron: 50-spins again-85=OVER
Lori: 60-stays    Lori advances to the showcase round.

4. Sanford Art Supplies ( Brandi ) $732
Bidders: DOROTHY: $300  Megan: $215  Robert: $260  Jeanne: $350*
Jeanne wins.

Jeanne will play COMING OR GOING for a Secard Pools/Spas' Paris Hot Tub ( Rachel )
COMING price: $5776   GOING price: $6775
Jeanne is GOING and she's a winner !

5. Brandi and Rachel bring out a Whimiscal Cuokoo Clock $700
Bidders: AUDREY: $400  Dorothy: $650*  Megan: $805  Robert: $806
Dorothy wins.

Dorothy will play CHECK-OUT for a Hooker Furniture' Grand Teris Dining Room Grouping and Noritake's Gormet Garden Porcelain Glassware and Dinnerware ( Lanisha ),
$6402

Before they started the game, Bob asked Dorothy was she a good shopper and she replies " NO! " and Bob says " You're not a good shopper? Well, I'm gonna give you a chance to prove it right here on TPiR! ".

Grocery items used in today's playing: Kings Hawaiian Bread, Goldfish Cheese Crackers,
Little Debbie Nutty Bars, Blue Star Ointment, Retro Glow Makeup.

Dorothy's guesses: Bread: $2.99, Crackers: $0.89, Nutty Bars: $2.00, Ointment: $5.95,
Makeup: $8.50.  Total is $20.33

Actual prices: Bread: $2.79, Crackers: $0.89, Nutty Bars: $1.39, Ointment: $5.89,
Makeup: $10.95.   Total is $21.91, Difference is $1.58
Dorothy wins as Bob cheers " You're a wonderful shopper " and Dorothy surprises herself.

6. On the turntable, Meyda Tiffany's Fireplace Screen and Stained Glass Window
( Lanisha ) $1100
Bidders: MARTIN: $450  Megan: $725  Robert: $1000*  Audrey: $650
Robert wins.

Robert will play LINE EM' UP for the following:
Ford Focus SE ( comes with 2.3 liter engine, air cond. ) ( Brandi ),
Murray Feiss' Chandlier ( Rachel ),
4 in 1 Prepping System,
Magnussen Home's Canoe Creek Bookcase ( Lanisha ).

Numbers: 698 ( Chandlier ), 45 ( Hand Mixer ), 789 ( Bookcase ), 1-,--2 ( Car )
Robert's first guess for the car: $16,582 ( NO, two numbers right )
Robert's second guess: $16,592 ( YES !!!! )

ROBERT WINS THE CAR ( and the three other prizes ) !!!!!!!!

Showcase Showdown #2:
Dorothy: 55-spins again-25=80
Jeanne: 50-spins again-80=OVER
Robert: 55-spins again-55=OVER     Dorothy advances to the showcase round.

Showcase Round: Lori is the Top Winner and Dorothy is the Runner-Up.

Showcase #1: " TPiR Train Depot " ( Brandi is the conductor, Lanisha drives the train )
Poulan Pro Riding Lawn Mower,
Wesley Allen's Queen-sized Ivory bed and Dormia.com Mattress setting,
Samick's Kohler & Campbell Petite Grand Piano

Lori decides to pass this showcase over to Dorothy and she bids $10,500.

Showcase #2: " Filled with Lines " ( Rachel )
Dell's Desktop Computer System with Color Printer,
Trip to Palm Springs ( 6 night stay at the Riviera Resort & Racquet Club ),
Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring ( comes with 2.4 liter engine, four speed auto. trans. )

Lori bids $28,450.

Actual price of Lori's showcase: $24,910
Difference: OVER

Actual price of Dorothy's showcase: $14,245
Difference: $3,745

Dorothy wins $21,347 in prizes as she's greeted by her church going friends as they join conductor Brandi, Lanisha, and Rachel and they all head over to the train depot to check out her prizes that were delivered there.

FANTASTIC SHOW OVERALL !!!!!!
Lots of fun watching and the funniest moment of all is Bob nearly messing up Squeeze Play and he even gave Aaron the 1 to keep as a souvenir which I'm pretty sure he still has today.

It never seems to amaze me that whenever the train depot showcase pops up, and it's shown first, it always gets passed over to the runner-up, even on Tom Kennedy's version of the show, the train showcase popped up at least four times and it got passed over to the runner-up. Do the top winners not like the prizes the train delivers to the depot ?  I think they're nice !  I could use a riding lawn mower and that piano looked nice as well.  I also thought placing luggage out on the conductor's platflorm
was a nice move although I'm not sure why they stopped it after a while.

I also think this was Lanisha's second week back at TPiR after previously appearing as a stand-in Claudia, who departed last December right before Christmas Week, in early 2003.

Randy West did a pretty decent job as the announcer, he made his debut in November
2003 shortly after Rod passed away.  For me, it was a toss up between Randy and
Burton Richardson on who I think would've been the perfect replacement for announcer.
I said Burton because I liked his smooth style and classic humor and Burton's definitely not a stranger to TPiR, making his mark on Doug Davidson's version on the show back in the mid-90s and making his debut on Bob's version in 2001 as a stand-in for Rod
and appearing off and on when needed over the next three years and returned briefly
in 2006 as a stand-in for Rich.  I also thought Burton could pull double duty, considering the fact he did it before when Louie Anderson's version of " Family Feud " was on back in 2001 and then John O' Hurley's version of " To Tell the Truth " one year later.
I think Burton would've been the perfect choice, but that's my opinion.

There you have it, all.
THE FULL AND COMPLETE RECAP and again, I'm sorry for the mix-up.
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.

Offline shieldsy101

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: TPiR Recap: 01/09/04 ( Perfect Show !!! ) FULL COMPLETE RECAP
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 12:57:57 AM »
That was a fantastic job!!!!!
I have 2 questions and 1 obesrvation. First, the observation. You said at the end that Randy West started subbing in November. After looking at the TPIR FAQ, I have found out that he started subbing in June 2003 (end of season 31) when Rod was sick, and he also subbed on and off with Rod at the beginning of Season 32 until Rod passed away.
1st Question, Does Someone have a video of this episode and if so, could they upload it possibly.
2nd Question, What kind of suit was Bob wearing. I'm just interested in Bob's suits, particularly in his later years as host

Once again, thank you so much!! :-D
Hurricane Microsoft - It'll make your Windows Crash
Andrew Hansen from the Chaser's War on Everything (Australian Comedy Series) discussing whether companies should brand a natural disaster

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 09:57:18 AM »
Hi there !
I want to thank you for helping me out on when Randy West made his debut on TPiR because I totally forgot about towards the end of season 31 of the show when he first started, so thanks again on that. 

Bob's suit on this show, don't know the brand name of it but the color was a darkesh kind of gray with a red necktie.  I actually have this episode but I don't know how to upload it on youtube ( or the video vault here ), if you know how to do it, I'll even send you this tape if you want me to.
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.

Offline shieldsy101

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 03:07:34 AM »
No Thanks, I live in Australia, so there might be a bit of a problem with postage and stuff like that  :-)
Hurricane Microsoft - It'll make your Windows Crash
Andrew Hansen from the Chaser's War on Everything (Australian Comedy Series) discussing whether companies should brand a natural disaster