Author Topic: CSS Results for October 27  (Read 2955 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for October 27
« on: October 27, 2006, 02:43:52 PM »
It's been a difficult week overall, though Monday was pretty easy for most of us. Increasing difficulty means one of two things: lots of people going over, or lots of people safety garfing. Today was kind of a combination of the two.

I just said how much I hate trips, but given that I had the second best bid on them today, perhaps I should retract that statement, or at least soften it to a serious dislike for trips. namnhu12, who was a bit braver than I, gets over $50K in CSS money for SC1.

Motorcycles really need to go on the FR list. Nobody really did badly on them, but they've been a trip-up in the past. sideshowPA pøwned the rest of us and gets $45K and change as a result.

But our CSS statistics-keeper takes the points and the win for the day. Sadly, no cash, but you can't win it all. Unless you're BRB_TheFireball. And not today, sadly.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for October 27, 2006 -- Game 29
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Online sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CSS Results for October 27
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 03:03:12 PM »
Yey!  Finally some cash on my ledger.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 03:24:58 PM »
GOD, I would have scored if only I hadn't borked!  Darn school computers!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 03:36:22 PM »
Wow, when I realized I didn't win any money I wasn't getting my hopes up. :-)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:44:38 PM »
These are the kind of performances I want to have... especially on Friday. It doesn't have to be spectacular, just enough to be solid. And beat Armadillo, which I did today. 6-5 lead! :-D

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 04:52:45 PM »
Let me repeat what I said in chat today:  "That, my friends, was ONE CHEAP-ASS TRIP PACKAGE!"  I had Australia and the safari totaling $26,000 with another 6 bills on Paris.  I'm anxious to see Jacob's prize rundown just to see which of the three trips was the uber-cheapo that killed me.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline WhammyPower788

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • I'm on a horse.
    • Game Show Videos
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 06:11:30 PM »
I would have been in chat today.... but I couldn't get to the site!
Visit GameShowVideos.com for lots of game show clips!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 09:05:03 PM »
That was my problem this morning, I couldn't get into the site until PG6, and then I borked during the SCs and couldn't get my CSS bid in

Man, what a day :-(
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 09:21:32 PM »
$5,507

That's how much that trip to Australia was worth, according to Jacob.  Absolutely shocking.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 12:51:18 PM »
Shocking is right!  I have now decided to do a "bork check" between 11:40 and 11:45 every time I'm in chat so I can get my bids in on time.  Better safe than sorry

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »

FieldsFan336 wrote:
I have now decided to do a "bork check" between 11:40 and 11:45 every time I'm in chat so I can get my bids in on time. Better safe than sorry.

I habitually refresh the chat during or after the second Showcase Showdown. I've found that since I've done this, I'm not missing bids nearly as often. Sometimes my brain  misses them, but at least the chat software works!

A note to everyone:

There are only a couple of you who are doing this, but Showcase bids need to be submitted ONE AT A TIME, around the same time as the Stage Player bids. I will allow a little leeway to allow for the speed of connections and the difference in timing on various TV feeds. (I know that my DISH is about four seconds behind cable).

But, unless you were borked during the first showcase, please do not submit both bids at once. Since they aren't in the same format, I'm likely to ignore them.

Thank you!
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!