Author Topic: OBIT - Tom Rounds  (Read 1288 times)

Offline dheine1971

• In the Audience
OBIT - Tom Rounds
« on: June 05, 2014, 09:37:56 PM »
Tom Rounds, who helped launch the long running radio countdown show American Top 40 (AT40 for short) with original 1970-1988 and 1998-2004 host Casey Kasem and co-produced Don Bustany, died this week on June 2, 2014 at the age of 77.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: OBIT - Tom Rounds
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:42:41 PM »
This is definitely sad news for those of us who grew up listening to Casey's Top 40.  Of course, Rounds' death could not have come at a worse time, as Casey himself has been gravely ill for a few months and Casey's wife and daughter are currently in a legal dispute over who should take care of him.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FamilyFeud1994

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Up for some Bankroll?
    • My Podcast (Drop the Mic)
Re: OBIT - Tom Rounds
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:28:41 PM »
All this happens just as I discover Casey Kasem's American Top 40 through the '70s and '80s reruns. Rest in peace to Tom Rounds.
"YOU ON FAMILY FEUD! THIS AIN'T A COMEDY ROUTINE!"

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, Steve.