Author Topic: [OK] money, bullseye and safe!  (Read 9578 times)

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
[OK] money, bullseye and safe!
« on: September 06, 2010, 09:10:48 PM »
ready for another trio of games?

this time we have Money Game, Bullseye and Safe Crackers

and you'll see why Safe Crackers was often played for a car..

Offline DarkBaron

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: [OK] money, bullseye and safe!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »
oh wow. Nice. I like the fact that the hostess simply asks for the contestant which number she wants to put in as the combination for Safe Crackers. Gives a chance for the model to stay on stage for the duration of the whole game. :D  Also, am I mistaken or the 7 appeared twice in the correct combination?

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »
oh wow. Nice. I like the fact that the hostess simply asks for the contestant which number she wants to put in as the combination for Safe Crackers. Gives a chance for the model to stay on stage for the duration of the whole game. :D  Also, am I mistaken or the 7 appeared twice in the correct combination?

you got it!  numbers can repeat, making this game Temptation hard. on the other hand, the prize was usually well worth it http://www.okilprezzoegiusto.tv/IMMAGINI/GIOCHI/cassaforte08.jpg

in the final season the model just pulled the handle.
I suppose that they couldn't lock the door for real, so the model had the important task to PRETEND to be unable to open the door when the red light turned on.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 11:36:33 PM »
I suppose that they couldn't lock the door for real, so the model had the important task to PRETEND to be unable to open the door when the red light turned on.

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to.  The safe in Safe Crackers is certainly locked for real.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 07:08:46 PM »
I don't see why they wouldn't be able to.  The safe in Safe Crackers is certainly locked for real.

I meant, in Italy the door doesn't have a real lock, that's why they don't let the contestant operate the door handle.
if you watch at 1:13, you'll see that the model is not pulling the handle because the combination was wrong.

when I watched the Portoguese show I liked that they played this game with a real safe box :) 

Offline SpunkyMunky

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 01:17:40 AM »
I meant, in Italy the door doesn't have a real lock, that's why they don't let the contestant operate the door handle.
if you watch at 1:13, you'll see that the model is not pulling the handle because the combination was wrong.

Yeah, I just watched that. No lock needed on that door. It looked weird how the model was turning the wheel back and forth. I remember years ago, when the show had more time, Barker would have the contestants spin the wheel so many times to the left, then so many times to the right before pulling on the handle.

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 10:30:22 PM »
here's the video of everything but the games in that same episode

some of the themes are still used on Mediaset infomercials: for example the one at 2:43 was used there

today the host of WWTBAM mentioned OK.  when a contestant asked the audience lifeline the crowd started talking loudly, then the host warned "we are not on OK The Price Is Right!"  :lol:

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »
here's the video of everything but the games in that same episode

some of the themes are still used on Mediaset infomercials: for example the one at 2:43 was used there

today the host of WWTBAM mentioned OK.  when a contestant asked the audience lifeline the crowd started talking loudly, then the host warned "we are not on OK The Price Is Right!"  :lol:

I think the host of WWTBAM would make a good OK! host

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 01:28:01 PM »
I think the host of WWTBAM would make a good OK! host

well, he did host a game with prices once.

There was a time in which he hosted a daytime talk show with a game segment. 
Initially it was Let's Make a Deal, then at some point it was changed to a game where two contestants tried to price unusual goods or services (one I remember was "how much is to smoke a salmon?").
Contestants then won money according to how close they went.  After a number of rounds, who got the most money became the champion.

Offline Mr. X

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 09:37:45 PM »
This is a lovely show from the country of my heritage. I would love to see it in person if it is still around!