Author Topic: Recap -- 4/26/10  (Read 20751 times)

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Recap Placeholder -- 4/26/10
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 03:04:16 PM »
go to priceisright.com, and see the video for the premiere of the new any number board.
Um...wow.  They really overdid it for that video.  I'd link but just go to the site and it should be the the video that pops up in their little player there.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 03:04:41 PM »
Am I the only one who was bothered by how badly Drew explained Bullseye? I don't watch the show as much anymore, due to my current job, but has Drew always explained the game that bad? Because there was serious grounds for a technical win.

He basically said that if you don't hit the $10-$12 range, that item doesn't matter anymore. But he never explained that, if it's below $10, it's on the board, and if it's still on the board, you still have a shot at winning. Not only was the contestant confused when Drew revealed that the Gel that she didn't put on the board would've made her win, but she could very reasonably tell the show "Hey, had I known I had a second chance, I would've been more careful with not going over $12." S&P would've had a field day with this!

On the other hand, I have no opinion with the new Any Number board, cuz it's not new by any means! It's the same board, they just added the list of numbers. And as others have said, I would prefer that the number disappeared instead of being crossed off. I'm actually disappointed, as I was expecting a change similar to Temptation!

Finally, way to many people on stage at the end! Especially since the "Parade Of Prizes" had to take place facing the crowd, it just looked awkward. I like the actual reveal of the showcase, that was different and neat, but if that person won, I would've put the screens back behind the Big Doors for the normal celebration!

Forgot to mention earlier...is it just me, or does the new prop seem much smaller than the old one?

THANK YOU! Something was off when I first saw it, but I couldn't put my finger on it!

Offline EyeMobileScott

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 03:25:18 PM »
Forgot to mention earlier...is it just me, or does the new prop seem much smaller than the old one?

Without having seen side-by-side pics of the previous board compared to the new one, it looks to me like they gutted the vane displays out of the prop, cut out what was needed to accommodate the LCD screens & applied the new silver fascia.

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 03:27:33 PM »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Online Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 04:09:12 PM »
Liked the new Any Number board----still looks like the old one, with the "used number board" being the most significant difference [as far as the Joe Plinkos would be concerned].

The show apparently has an identity crisis....again.

No they don't. Still a lot of trips in the SC. :P

Offline JasonA1

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »
Count me as another who found the new board too busy. If I had my druthers, I'd move the used number section below the game board. I don't suspect they have it in them to redesign the prop again, so I'd suggest my other changes instead - making the backdrop of the used number area match the board, shrinking the numbers a tad, and having them disappear instead. Between the crossing off, and cramming the numbers in between the logo and "CAR" line, it was a busy setup to look at.

Although the whole thing is rather unnecessary to begin with. This isn't a "Bob vs. Drew" or "Roger vs. now" observation, but it literally wasn't an issue for all the decades the game has been on the show. Once Drew made a point of recapping what was left, and I heard a redesign was on its way, I knew the used numbers were going to be a part of it. Now that we're essentially stuck with it, I hope they do something to make it easier to watch in the weeks to come. I did like their keeping of the "manual" font, which was also a success in contestant's row.

-Jason

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »
i think the board looks okay.....the numbers on the top row...meh...though it does speed the game up a lot...Bullseye...yeah...Drew did flub it...but,maybe they need to add consolation cash instead of `sorry``cards no bank breaking amounts though like punch a bunch bottom tier cash amounts

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 04:44:35 PM »
Punch A Bunch:  Shoulda walked with the $1,000!
Danger Price:  I can't believe Kimberly went with the TV instead of the treadmill! :headbang:
Bullseye:  What a heartbreaker! :cry:
Any Number:  Love the new board, although I do agree that the numbers on the used number board should be blacked out instead of slashed out.

An okay start to the week, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 05:24:43 PM »
There really should have been more games won today.  Bullseye is never all that hard, and Danger Price was practically a gimme.

Aw, they changed the opening back again.  I was hoping that had gone back to normal permanently.

They put the yellow dollar signs back on the Punchboard!  It looks so much better now.

The new Any Number board looked awkward at first, what with the number line between the logo and the gameplay area, but it ended up working out okay.  That red line that goes through the picked numbers is absolutely stupid, though.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think the "used number" row in Any Number is extremely pointless. It's not needed.

From what I understand, it's needed now to get the game taped in any sort of timely fashion.

Am I the only one who was bothered by how badly Drew explained Bullseye? I don't watch the show as much anymore, due to my current job, but has Drew always explained the game that bad? Because there was serious grounds for a technical win.

He basically said that if you don't hit the $10-$12 range, that item doesn't matter anymore. But he never explained that, if it's below $10, it's on the board, and if it's still on the board, you still have a shot at winning. Not only was the contestant confused when Drew revealed that the Gel that she didn't put on the board would've made her win, but she could very reasonably tell the show "Hey, had I known I had a second chance, I would've been more careful with not going over $12." S&P would've had a field day with this!

The second part of Bullseye is never explained until the first part is over.  Drew didn't do anything wrong.

Without having seen side-by-side pics of the previous board compared to the new one, it looks to me like they gutted the vane displays out of the prop, cut out what was needed to accommodate the LCD screens & applied the new silver fascia.

They didn't.  The Any Number board that debuted today is a completely new prop.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline EyeMobileScott

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 05:51:47 PM »
They didn't.  The Any Number board that debuted today is a completely new prop.

In which case I bet Bob Boden has a new addition to his collection then.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 06:04:09 PM »
Even Bob didn't explain the hidden bullseye until the contestant missed it a third time.  He would make great television by saying something like, "You didn't hit the bullseye, but you can still win if we find a hidden bullseye behind (insert products here)." 
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 06:29:47 PM »
Won that should have been won - Money
Lost that should have been won - Danger, Bullsy
Lost that could have been won - A# (weird price though), DP
Lost that is nearly always lost - the broken Punchboard.

Not that great of a day. Greco gives these days RARELY, and going 1-5 is simply subpar on these days.

On the other hand, cool new board. I think the used numbers should simply go out though, the red lines looked sloppy (or at least actually handdrawn, not automated/identical).
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 07:07:04 PM »
From what I understand, it's needed now to get the game taped in any sort of timely fashion.

Jeez, is the timing crunch that bad, or is the contestant taking forever?

Offline godard

• In the Audience
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 07:37:48 PM »
In Money Game, Drew said the Paul Lynde spot, when we all knew he meant the Rose Marie spot.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »
Jeez, is the timing crunch that bad, or is the contestant taking forever?

No.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.