Author Topic: Recap -- 4/26/10  (Read 20750 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: Recap Placeholder -- 4/26/10
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:03 AM »
I noticed this about the TPIR logo on Double Prices today; apparently, the Season 29 dollar sign has been painted on the prop now.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2010, 11:29:02 AM »
It's been awhile but I wanted to give my two cents.

Money Game- Nice way to start out the show with a win.

Punch-A-Bunch- Genenrally I don't do this, depending on how many punches remain or were rewarded, but I said he should've taken the $1000. I say that because since he only had two punches, the odds of winnning more were against him. 

Any Number- It'll take me a little bit to get used to it, but I like it. I find it interesting that they wanted to stay with the familiar motif. Even the font for the prices look fairly close to the one used on the other board. I like the addition of the used number displays. I think this will add something to the game. I felt the guy playing it really used it to his advantage, despite only winning the mowers. At first I wasn't to fond of the oval shapes for the displays but that grew on me by the end of the playing. All in all great job to the gang for making it look awesome!
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2010, 03:36:22 PM »
Just one quick note/idea:

Not surprisingly, I am not a fan of the new board, because:

A)  I thought the idea was to make the numbers brighter.  They are not.
B)  I personally think the "used number board" is very much to "wheel-ie".  If it was put there, why couldn't they have saved big bucks and just used the CR displays as a reference for Drew to use, if in fact that's the reason it's there.
C)  Please just darken the 3 rather than put a "slash" thru it. 

That being said, I would be sold on the idea if they would incorporate the following idea into that prop.

Contestant selects 3...the 3 on the used # board flashes...Drew says "light up the three!"  We hear the old Penny Ante effect...the flashy 3 goes black...the 3 lights up on the board in its appropriate place.

Yeah I know it's crazy...but so am I

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2010, 01:32:29 PM »
I noticed this about the TPIR logo on Double Prices today; apparently, the Season 29 dollar sign has been painted on the prop now.

I still wonder why it's not the Drew-era logo
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2010, 08:44:26 PM »
I still wonder why it's not the Drew-era logo

I think it'd just look awkward.