Author Topic: Recap -- 5/4/10  (Read 16859 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
Re: Recap Placeholder -- 5/4/10
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 07:39:44 PM »
Behold my skunking icon. And my recap, finally. Thank you very much, Barack Obama.

I'd have to agree that things were pretty fair. Roo was bad luck, Most Expensive had a really big clue (hint: ARCADE GAME). Flip Flop had an even bigger clue (hint: 3999 x 2). MYM was fair, and anyone who recognizes the patio heaters could get them fairly simply. Not much you can do about Rangey. And Stack the Deck was one of the few playings you couldn't blame on the game itself.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline notsoeasy

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 07:41:37 PM »

Pepe Le Pew would be so pleased.

Offline MrRoc

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 07:46:18 PM »
Good job on the recap Kitch. You should be the new official Recap Guide :-D

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 07:59:56 PM »
My roommate and I were laughing hysterically at how confused Leon appeared during Make Your Move.

Speaking of my roommate, he's only become a regular Price watcher because of me, which has led to some interesting remarks.  After nailing the price of the iPads, he turned to me and asked me for the $500.   :-?
Do I look like I have that kind of money?

Flip Flop was just asking to be won...Stack the Deck, not so much.  FWIW, I would've fallen for the $18K trap as well.

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 08:45:36 PM »
Flip Flop was just asking to be won...Stack the Deck, not so much.  FWIW, I would've fallen for the $18K trap as well.
I wish people playing games with a pair of identical prizes would slow down, take a couple breaths, count to five, and think about the possible prices. I don't know how Flip Flop could be made any easier.

Stack the Deck is just an inherently difficult game (like some of the other car games as well). I actually thought Stack the Deck was slightly easier than usual (in part because of the small prizes). I was so sure 2 would be the first digit that $18K didn't even dawn on me until she picked it. That contestant needs to leave the modeling to the models! I watch to see Manuela move those cards.

The somewhat underwhelming Showcases (for my own personal taste) the last couple shows remind me of some of last season's Showcases. When they described the New York trip, I recognized a couple of features that would add a lot to the price (especially a two bedroom penthouse suite with your own rooftop deck) and wonder if the contestants would pick up on that. Still, I was surprised by the price because there wasn't much beyond the trip.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 09:05:32 PM »
Remember when getting skunked used to be something unusual?  Like, almost as noteworthy as a perfect show?

I don't understand what took Leon so long in Make Your Move.  The outdoor furniture was obviously to the right of the 0.

There was some major Dob-stopping going on during Stack the Deck, even though the game wasn't won.

The Showcase was bizarre today.  Never mind that there was cash in both showcases...they had them back-to-back!  That looked beyond weird.  Also, having cash as the last prize in a showcase is never a good idea.

...and you know what else isn't a good idea?  Offering someone a trip, and then telling them that they'll be spending most of it taking bartending classes.  That was...wow.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 09:24:55 PM »
...and you know what else isn't a good idea?  Offering someone a trip, and then telling them that they'll be spending most of it taking bartending classes. 

Unless it's more or a "paid training" kinda thing.  Maybe CBSTVCS33 needs a new one.  Sure would explain a lot wouldn't it?

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 09:58:54 PM »
Flip Flop was setup for a win if it is thought about. $7998 is $3999 each for the bikes--easy math.  Hell, if Drew could do that math with the iPads, so can Joe Plinko.

Flip Flop had an even bigger clue (hint: 3999 x 2).

Guys...he guessed $9798.  Which would be $4899 each.  

How can $3999 be so blatantly right, yet $4899 is so blatantly wrong?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:02:22 PM by PriceFanArmadillo »
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 10:07:44 PM »
Guys...he guessed $9798.  Which would be $4899 each.  

How can $3999 be so blatantly right, yet $4899 is so blatantly wrong?
The same way you see so many prices for stuff on TV for $19.95 or $19.99 but not $21.95 or $21.99.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Recap -- 5/4/10
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 10:50:34 PM »
I guess we can be thankful that we had the DOB yesterday instead of today.  ;)

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 10:53:39 PM »
Switcheroo:  Too bad! :-(  I thought for sure Meghann had all 5 right on the first try.
Flip Flop:  Shoulda been won.
Make Your Move:  I wish that contestants wouldn't take forever & three days to decide where to place the sliders.
Stack The Deck:  Good effort even though it wasn't won.

Not too good overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline icazzy

• In the Audience
    • my YT page, full of Game Shows and other stuff
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 10:57:37 PM »
Switch:  OUCH.

ME:  People like me weren't missing much.

Flippy:  An easy setup. To me, $7998 is too obvious. Why it was lost I'll never know.

MYM:  Should've been won.  'Nuff said.

Stack:  See above.

Showcases:  More very awkward showcases.  Another trip with unnecessary extras.
Tripcase n.  A showcase that contains one or more trips.

Offline jblaze_23

• In the Audience
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 11:15:27 PM »
today showed why make ur move should have a time limit like 45 or 60 seconds! but every game was winnable maybe except rangey! today was the worst show of the season!!!

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 12:08:08 AM »
Flip Flop was setup for a win if it is thought about. $7998 is $3999 each for the bikes--easy math.  Hell, if Drew could do that math with the iPads, so can Joe Plinko.

Whoa, whoa. Multiplying by 2, sure. But dividing??  :lol:

I really don't think contestants think about the price of an individual prize within a pair, as they should. Realistically, he was probably just thinking that half of $7,998 for a motorcycle was too cheap. But hey, at least he didn't guess $9,789.

Online ElectricPeterTork

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 02:31:01 AM »
With slightly better contestants, this could have been at least a 3/6 day.

Even the audience knew the arcade game was... Most Expensive.

Make Your Move was easy enough.

Flip Flop could have went either way. At least he got the "98" right.

In Switcheroo, though... yeah, it was mostly bad luck, but that was Prada perfume (IIRC). Expensive name equals expensive price, so that one was automatically 90 bucks. She should have, at least, walked away with that.
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."