Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/16/2006  (Read 18071 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/16/2006
« on: May 16, 2006, 02:00:46 PM »
Production #3622K - Taped May 3, 2006

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Gabrielle

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: Lara Design

1  JumpSport Stagebounce Trampoline (R)
JILL 1295  ANDREW *450   JOEL 899   JANA 1296   ($808)

Andrew, a student at Arizona State, plays FREEZE FRAME for a Story & Clark
Baby Grand Piano (L)

$9271
LOSS

The next One-Bid round is presented by the letter 'J'.

2  FJ Galassi Burlwood Frames+Clocks/Gold Bond Powder (G)
 +Jill 1   JULIE 200   +Joel 250   +Jana 399   ($640)
STUPID BID STUPID BID STUPID BID

Jana somehow survives a quadruple "Smeghead Gambit" and plays SPELLING BEE
for a Ford Focus ZX4SE (Std., AT, Conv., Sport, Mouldings)(L)($16,735)

Free Card                                    (22)  A  -A-
Free Card                                    (17)  C  CA-
Gumball Machine Lamp       $19  $33  -14
Libman Cleaning Products    28   19  + 9  *  ( 8)  A
Cereal Dispenser            39   40  - 1  *  (24)  C  LOSS

3  highbrowfurniture.com Bubble Chair (R)
+Jill 450   Julie 500   +Joel 650   BRYAN *750   ($2799)

Bryan plays TAKE TWO (Target: $4024)

1st    2nd
Rascal Fold & Go Scooter    $3198  $3198
Carson's Wine Server Cart    ----   ----   ($826)
Bull Texan BBQ Cart          1603   ----
Gemstone Globe               ----   1250
                    TOTAL   $4801  $4448   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$  739   Jana    100      1.00  *$1000*  Bonus 35   Through to Showcase Round
   808   Andrew   40 + 45  .85
 2,799   Bryan    35 + 85   OV

4  THE DREADED LOB-STER TENNIS BALL MACHINE (G & R)
+Jill 700   Julie 755   +Joel *760   BERTHA 575   ($849)

Joel, a laid-back Beach Bum, plays PUSHOVER for a Corsican Coventry Queen
Size Brass Bed and a Bemco Posture Fairfax Sleep Set (L)

Setup:   2 4 0 3 0 9 1 2 5
Pick:    2[4 0 3 0]
Price:   $4030   WIN!

5  2 FlyBoy Portable Media Centers (G&L)
+Jill 1250   Julie 796   IVORY *650   Bertha 795   ($698)

Ivory, orig. from Lafayette, LA, plays for a Pontiac Vibe (Std., AT, App.,
Box, Net)(R)

Setup      1st Try     2nd Try
1 6 2 7 3     7 3 8 4     7   8 4
2 7 3 8 4   1 8 4 9 5   1 8 2 9 5
3 8 4 9 5   2           2   3
             4 RIGHT      WIN!

Oh, what Jill might do to take back that stupid bid in the second One-Bid.
Unfortunately, that's impossible. She can only deal with what is possible now,
such as banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club, and escaping from same.
What will be her fate?

6  (Frigidaire) Stacked Washer+Dryer/Tidy Cats Scoop Cat Litter (G-aboard "Little Toot")
 +Jill 849   Julie 851   ANGELA 850   Bertha 1100   ($869)
SUICIDE BID

Jill is wheeled off to the morgue while Julie plays HI LO for a trip to
Aspen (6n @ Pokolodi Lodge)(R)($3162)

(1) Capzasin P                      $12.99
"HI" ROW   (6) CLR Power Plubmer Drain Opener   11.95
           (3) Azo Cranberry Supplement        > 6.99<

(2) Purina Cat Chow (bag)             3.99
"LO" ROW   (4) St. Ives Apricot Scrub            2,89
           (5) Clorox Bleach                     1.79   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1
$ 4,071   Julie   40 + 10   .50
  4,879   Joel    70 stay   .70
 18,993   Ivory   30 + 65   .95   Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND
Ivory has the honor.

SC1-Jana      Bulova Gold/Diamond Ladies' Watch (L)
BID   $22,275   Trip to London (6n)
PRICE    22,871   Giant RV Supercross Toy Hauler (r)
DIFF      -596   
TOTAL   $24,610

SC2-Ivory      Pulaski Edwardian Dining Group
BID   $14,500   Noritake Fitzgerald Dinnerware/Stemware
PRICE    18,074   MCF Italian Silverplate Flatware (R)
DIFF    -3.574   Dell 42" Plasma HDTV (G&L)

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $56,160

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/16/2006
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 02:01:09 PM »
Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bidding Round #2- #204, Julie! :-D

Take Two- After seeing Jennifer... Bryan's a winner no matter what. :-D

One Away- Well done. He shafted the clueless audience, and it paid off for him.

Bidding Round #6- #205, Angela! :-D

Hi Lo- Man, this game's on a major winning streak; at least it seems that way. When's the last time it was lost?

Showcase- Wow, another triple-digit difference. We're seeing some nice bidding lately.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Ivory.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Decent show today... Grade: 2

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 02:19:57 PM »
Well, the contestants were less impressive than yesterday, save for Ivory, but the pricing game lineup sure improved from yesterday, even with Spelling Bee :-P!

Actually, Bob was really fun with the final card reveal on Spelling Bee, keeping it hidden from everyone, and even himself, going on about how excited he was, still not knowing what the card was.

Mom was actually watching The Price is Right with me today, and amazingly, she correctly guessed $9271 for the piano, proving that the game was entirely winnable for a Joe Plinko.  I agreed with her, but still, I'm impressed Mom got it right!

I'm kind of surprised Push Over was won.  All the prices looked too high for what looked like a junk bed, so I thought $3091 would be right, and thought most contestants would think $2403 would look the best.  Shows what I know about what contestants think.

I guess the $813 serving cart has gone up in price another $13.  I guess that company really likes the number 13, or something.  I would have won on my second pick, figuring that as close as the serving cart was to what would have been needed to be added to the scooter, that there was a good chance that it probably just went up slightly in price.

It would be nice if Roger could occasionally make Hi Lo moderately difficult, like he used to.  It was harder today than it was for the last couple of playings, but considering how preschool those were, it's not saying much.

heelsrule1988 drooled:  After seeing Jennifer... Bryan's a winner no matter what.

Who's Jennifer?  Did you mean Julie?  None of the Barker's Beauties had J-names.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 02:30:31 PM »
Why security didn't grab those two lunatics sitting behind the fourth spot on Contestant's Row is beyond me... :P Especially since one of those wackos had the gall to ask Bob what the actual retail price of his pants was...

(Hey, it's not MY fault that my readers have become obsessed with bidding on Bob's pants since I told them the story from the January taping. And never let it be said that the Material Girl doesn't try to go the extra mile for her fans!)

Freeze Frame: What an evil piano.. I thought it was $7,930... Andrew's entire group thought it was $7,930... The majority of the audience thought it was $7,930... $9,271? Ouch...

IUFB #2: I don't know if this was the first time we ever had four J's in Contestant's Row, but it was pretty darned funny... And, yes, those obviously weren't expensive frames, but $200, $250 and $1? Uhh, no.

Spelling Bee: Yay! Spelling Bee in person!

Sadly, Jana did not take the audience's advice on the lamp, or the cereal dispenser (as quite a few of us were shouting $33 and $40, respectively).. Still, we were hoping that last card was either an R or a CAR... No luck.

Jana, by the way, had either never been to a taping before, or doesn't find Bob as funny as I do.. Bob's routine line of "Get up, make another bad bid, sit back down already" didn't amuse her very much.

Take Two: I was thinking the scooter was in the $2,500 range, so the scooter and BBQ would work.. Sadly, no. Once I saw the price of the scooter, it was obviously one of the two correct choices.. What threw me off was that darned wine server cart..

What really sucks is Bryan's fiancee turned to me and asked if I knew.. I was thinking the globe, just because I was thinking cart plus scooter would be close to $4,500... Sorry, guys. :(

(And I could've sworn the infamous $813 serving cart looked quite different. Maybe I'm finally losing my mind. Or maybe because I don't buy expensive wine and wouldn't care about serving it on a cart?)

"I must have a bunch of losers here! We've had three pricing games, and we've lost all three. People don't want to hear me say 'Awwww, I'm sorry', they want to hear me say 'You've won a new car!' Now, let's get it together in the second half, and break even!" - Bob, before the first Showcase Showdown

Showdown #1: Wow, it's another Maddy in the Bob Barker Studio first: A $1,000 winner! And, believe me, I was hoping Jana would spin just a bit harder on her bonus spin than her first spin. That was too hard, though... Ouch.

IUFB #4: We know they like to pick someone from every group.. And it was no surprise they were going to pick someone from that group of seniors.. But poor Bertha? She seemed absolutely lost, from coming on down through all three IUFB's she faced. :(

The tennis demonstration, though, was hilarious. :P

Pushover: That $4,030 stuck out at me.. Obviously, it did with a lot of others as well.. Yay! A winner!

One Away: You know, I was also going to make a smart comment yesterday, along with me mentioning the fact I knew that DSW was coming... I was going to say "Yes, the episode I went to airs this week, and believe me, you'll know which one".. How? ONE AWAY!

Yes, for those of you keeping score at home... That is three trips to the BBS, and ALL THREE TIMES they've played One Away! There is something about Maddy that seems to attract One Away...

So, for you One Away fanatics out there, just send Maddy to TPIR everyday, and you'll see One Away everyday! Unbelievable...

$18,295 was my initial guess, and when Ivory found himself with four right, I was hoping he would change the four.. Fortunately, after some deliberation, he did... Two in a row.

(And, yes, heels: I WAS shouting for him to change the 4. So there. :P )

IUFB #6: Gabrielle, meet Esther. Esther, meet Gabrielle. Nice matching red strings. :lol:

Hi-Lo: That drain opener threw me off... I was absolutely sure about the Capsazin (obviously) and the Azo, but I almost thought it'd be the cat food (which I knew was $3.99, but thought it was more than the drain opener). Fortunately, Julie was right...

Showcases: I was shocked that Ivory passed.. However, I felt Jana had a pretty good bid.. I wasn't sure, as I could not tell how long the trailer/hauler was, and Rich never mentioned a length... I was thinking $21,000, just to try to be a bit on the safe side...

I definitely did my math wrong on Ivory's showcase, though... I was also thinking $14,500 (about $10,000 for the dining room group, and $4,500 for the TV)... I thought he'd be closer than he was...

Fortunately, nobody that day decided to go right up on stage after being called.. It's a good thing, because Madge would've given them the business...

Unfortunately, all kidding aside, my flattery hasn't gotten me picked yet.. Maybe I need to say Rich is younger than 22 next time?

We also learned that if you come with 4 of your friends, you need six to be a group.. And if you come with six of your friends, you need eight to be a group :lol:

Jill, who never escaped Contestant's Row, was responsible for one of the all-time great Barkerisms...

Jill: "Bob, have you ever considered giving away pets to the people who get called down who don't win anything?"
Bob: "You want a pet?"
Jill: "Yeah, you know, at least we'd get to win a pet..."
Bob (half-sarcastically and half-teasingly): "I'LL GIVE YOU A PET!"

And, lastly... The actual retail price of Bob's pants? THEY'RE PRICELESS!

As long as I survive June 3 and don't permanently destroy my voice, next trip will be August 31.... Wheeeeee!
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 02:34:49 PM »
Frank 15 to 'heels': Who's Jennifer?

Jennifer is Bryan's fiancee.

Madonna: IUFB #2:...

You mean ONE-BID #2, etc. IUFB refers only to the item itself.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 03:04:05 PM »
When $9271 was one of the choices for the price of Piano in Freeze Frame.  I knew that had to be the price, that same piano was on a playing of Double Prices earlier this season.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 03:17:49 PM »
Freeze Frame-I knew it was $9271.

One-bid 2: UGH!

Spelling Bee: Ow!  I thought Jana won the Car.

Take Two: I never thought that the wine cart was $826.  I knew the scotter was a keeper.

One Away: I thought, "the middle number was 2", and I was right, along with Ivory.  Yay for him!

Hi-Lo-I had a heck of the time figuring out which were the highest priced products.  Once the drain opener was revealed, then I knew Julie would win this.

Showcases: I would've went with $22,000, and still be off by $871.  I thought Ivory's bid on the Dining Room/TV was decent enough.

Overall: a pretty average show.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 03:23:14 PM »
Freeze Frame seems like it should have been won, mainly because the audience was shouting just as loudly for $9,271 as they were for $7,930.

Apparently, having all "J" names in Contestants' Row results in junky bidding. :-D

I don't know why, but I'm curious why Jana bid $39 on the cereal dispenser in Spelling Bee instead of $40.

I want to say Take Two should have been won, but I can't help thinking I only got the right answer because I know the show's wine carts tend to cost somewhere around $813.

I'm impressed that Bart's actually been keeping the Big Wheel on-camera lately when people have been giving "shout-outs"...and it finally paid off today when Jana got her dollar!

Was anybody else really excited to see the Lob-Ster machine today?  That thing hasn't been used in months! :lol:

And speaking of the Lob-Ster machine...how in the world did Bertha not know that that's what she was supposed to be bidding on? :-P

I was very impressed that Ivory won One Away.  Personally, I thought the price was going to be $18,475.

I got a kick out of Jill asking for the "Capazin" in Hi Lo. :lol:
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 03:29:57 PM »
I think Joel might have had the shortest walk to contestant's row ever.  I have rarely seen people called down from the front row, much less right next to it.

PG #1: Baby grand pianos are always expensive, so the most expensive price on the board seems like a good bet for one of those.

PG #3: Even if you managed to win this one, would you really want any of those prizes?

IUFB #4:  Isn't it Bob's job to take care of the senior moments around here?  

PG #5:  It's been a while since there was a win on this one, hasn't it?

PG #6:  Conversely, it's been a while since there was a loss on this.  It seems like this one seems to have had a lot of easy setups lately.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 04:08:31 PM »
The first half was a disappointment because no one won their games. It was made up with a $1,000 win on the big wheel.

The second half, however, had some good wins. My instinct in One Away was for Ivory to change the third number from a 4 to a 2. Great wins in Pushover and Hi-Lo, too.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 04:23:15 PM »
Freeze Frame: I knew it was $9,271. Is that the most expensive prize ever offered in this game?

Spelling Bee: If she had listened to my guess of $40 for the cereal dispenser, she might have won the car.

Take Two: Tricky. I thought the BBQ and the Scooter were the obvious two that totaled the right amount. I knew that the scooter should have been kept, and I was right that the server cart was the other one. In any event, too bad.

Pushover: Pretty easy, unlike the last few times. $4,030 was the best price for the bed.

One Away: Thanks to an EAS test, I couldn't see most of this. I'm very surprised he won, given there was a 2 as the third digit. I was shocked the price was $18,295 instead of $18,275. Way to go, Ivory, for going on your own!

Hi-Lo: Easy.

Showcases: So close, and yet so far, to back-to-back DSWs. But the showcases weren't that expensive, so I can live with that.

Overall: Not as good as yesterdays, but it was still pretty good.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 04:33:51 PM »
One-Bid #1 - Girls on trampolines!  :-P

PG #1 - Should've been won.  $9,271 was the only reasonable baby-grand piano price up there.

PG #3 - Yay!  Take Two!  :-P  I would've correctly picked the server cart after the scooter price was revealed.  I knew that gemstone globe was significantly more than $800.

PG #4 - Pushy again?!  I would've lost with $3,091.

PG #5 - I would've guessed the same price Ivory did on his first try.  My second guess:  $18,475.  :-(

PG #6 - Another easy Hi-Lo setup.

My showcase bids - FRTS:  $23,500.  Random furniture:  $15,000.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 04:37:20 PM »
Was anybody else really excited to see the Lob-Ster machine today? That thing hasn't been used in months!  :-)

I believe it was last used in Shopping Spree in late 2005.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »

Madonna wrote:
What really sucks is Bryan's fiancee turned to me and asked if I knew

I wouldn't mind sitting where you did that day. :-D

Madonna wrote:
(And, yes, heels: I WAS shouting for him to change the 4. So there. :P )

Unfortunately, your voice was drowned out by about 300 dumb audience members. :-(

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 05:09:33 PM »
Freeze Frame: I don't know if brands matter or not, but 9271 was a good frame to tune up.

Spelling Bee: "Oooh, just $1 away from getting that card you missed!" I wonder if that card would've helped Jana.

One Bid 2: I think so, but will Bob say that this is another historic moment? He did.

Take Two: I knew the scooter was an automatic choice, but it was between the server cart and the globe. I was shooting for the globe first; but something made me consider the cart, but that didn't happen. If I was Jennifer's fiancee, I'll listen to her win, lose, or draw.

One Bid 4: Haven't seen ol' Lob-Ster in a while. It almost looked like Gabi got hit in the shoulder with one, but luckily she's okay.

Push Over: My tip: Between $2500 and $5000. "Either 3091 or 4030? Try 4030 because of the '0'."

One Away: The first try was good--I almost thought Ivory had it. After only four honks, the only number I can think of changing is 4, depite the audience's reaction.

One Bid 6: Wow. It looks like Jill, Julie and Angela were closing in to the right ARP. But bookending Angela's winning bid only resulted in Jill going for help due to Junky bidding at the House.

Hi-Lo: I thought this game was hard (or at least used to think). This time, I won't scream because of the Azo.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.