Author Topic: Recap -- 5/7/10  (Read 38216 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
Re: Recap -- 5/7/10
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 04:09:05 PM »
Kitch, how in you recaps did you come up with 118,571 when I was keeping track in the room and came up with 100,197.

Sorry, I must've double-counted the Focus. I also fixed the Cover Up flub. I have re-calculated and updated. Please change grand total to $100,393, Army.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:14:30 PM by Kitch »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 04:13:08 PM »
A pretty good show. It's too bad double prices was a forced loss otherwise we'd have a 5 for 6 show but nonetheless a pretty good show today.  Also because so much was won today in prizes i have a feeling they'll go back to budget mode and have a lot of crappy shows. Hopefully I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:23:16 PM by elskunkoman »
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »
Okay, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this editing thing.  :)

(Also, why wouldn't they save that $24,123 car for Dice Game?  Too many 'free' numbers?)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline SpunkyMunky

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »
The audience booed them when they chose the trash bags. WHY?! There's something else there that's $7.49, and they found it right off.

Kitch, I think they booed the price of the trash bags being so expensive. I was, anyway! Yow!  :-o

You can't ask for a more exciting playing of Cover Up. And Drew is now explaining the complete rules before the game begins. He did that the last time, too, so I was wondering if he would do it again.

Offline Macsen

• Twitch streaming
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »
You usually see a pack of 20. That was a pack of 38.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »
Sorry, I must've double-counted the Focus. I also fixed the Cover Up flub. I have re-calculated and updated. Please change grand total to $100,393, Army.

Dang, I recalculated from your recap kitch and still came up 200 dollars less than your total. Oh well, its all good.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
Oh, a Mother's Day couples' special. Okay.

Cover Up: I just kept on buzzing after the first two tries, knowing that the price is wrong. After the third try, methought we might inch this all the way. We did and I could not believe it at all.

Punch-a-Bunch: "So help me Bob if there was a higher slip..."

Double Prices: Methought the presentation for the jewelry was a little too much, making me think it was $8250.

Pick-a-Pair: When Andrew and Loretta picked the Glad Bags, "What else could be $7.49? It's gotta be the Gold Bond or the oven cleaner."

Any Number: Back during the third taping I went to this year, I thought I saw something that was shaped like the Any Number board. I did recall those horizontal ridges. So it must have been the new design I saw weeks before the aired premiere. Anyways, this was a sure nail-biter for me.

One Wrong Price: "Maid Service for $4500? No way. It's gotta be that." "$3500??"

Showcases: Let's just say that my television remote felt a sharp blow and somersaults to the floor after hearing that WSD. I actually felt that 882 was just a little too much.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline voguevixen

• In Contestant's Row
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »
You can't ask for a more exciting playing of Cover Up. And Drew is now explaining the complete rules before the game begins. He did that the last time, too, so I was wondering if he would do it again.

I agree I think that was the best explanation of the rules I've seen so far.  I don't usually fixate on that sort of thing but it even registered with me that it was concise and easily understood.
I apologise in advance.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 07:28:42 PM »
Well, we needed a show like this this week. Cover Up, as others have mentioned, was nothing short of awesome, and we got the other car game won too. $5000 in Punch, a 4/6 day overall, great smarter-than-usual contestants, nothing obnoxious about the theme (apart from maybe a bit too much designer crap). Why do theme shows always tend to lead  to smarter-than-usual contestants, anyway? The showcase was painful - I can't believe we've now had 5 WSDs this season (all on car showcases too!) to 1 DSW - too bad I think that's exactly what Greco has wanted. Oh, did anybody else besides me say "that's it?" when the Miata was revealed? I guess after the Porsche win, this is their version of budget mode. Of course the fact that I'm saying "that's it?" when a high-20s car is revealed on a theme show means they've really put themselves in a bind when I'm now EXPECTING them to offer expensive cars.

Timings:
Cover Up (5) - 5:04
Punch A Bunch (5.5) - 5:35
Double Prices (3) - 2:25
Pick A Pair (4.5) - 3:46
Any Number (5) - 4:45
One Wrong Price (3.5) - 3:04
Total (26.5): 24:39

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 07:32:15 PM »
I still think couples Price on Mother's day is a stupid idea.

It's not too often I get to say this, but Cover Up was a great segment. Getting each number right down the line correct until they get all the numbers right.  :biggrin:

It's nice to see fair SP setups in SP games lately.

Dang, $5,000 again in Punch-a-Bunch again!!!  :-D

Holy crap, where were the diamonds in that Double Prices setup? The Plasmas definitely need to go.

"Rachel and Brandy"...*sigh* I miss Brandi.   :(

Where the heck is One Away?

Yeah, Drew's WSD showcase reveal was terrible.

4/6 day is nothing to sneeze at considering what we had over the past week.

Offline godard

• In the Audience
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 07:52:40 PM »
A rare boo to Fieldsie for getting the contestants' names wrong when introducing the coverup car.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 08:17:26 PM »
Not much to say about the show today...other than the obvious amazing cover up and a nice any # win....but still...Poor poor stagey...it must hurt so bad to lose $65,000 worth of prizes... :(
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Macsen

• Twitch streaming
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 08:32:39 PM »
Dang, I recalculated from your recap kitch and still came up 200 dollars less than your total. Oh well, its all good.

Yeah. Another typo. Obviously a bad day.

Offline DMWTD

• In the Audience
  • Showcase Multiplier!
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »
Great job by the other couple contestants for making up for a bad few days! It WAS mother's daughters/sons today. Makes sense to me that this would be happening today.  :biggrin: Again great job, great show, and great review.
Sorry for anything rude I've said in the past several months about the show and how they run things.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 08:46:11 PM »
I still think couples Price on Mother's day is a stupid idea.

I still think couples Price in general is a stupid idea.  Contestant's Row in particular looks cramped when they have couples shows.

Hmm...they're now the "first four pairs of contestants". They need to pick one line and stick with it.  I vote "you are the first four contestants", since the show should never have more than four contestants at a time.

Cover Up was played perfectly. It was certainly entertaining to watch it being played using the maximum number of tries.  

The presentation of the necklace and bracelet set was awkward. Then again, every presentation involving tiny prizes like that is awkward. They really need to stop doing that (and stop using those stupid video monitors for backdrops, too!)

It looks like the used number board in Any Number has a red background now, going to black with the scratchout effect when the number is picked...that's certainly better, though I still think it would be better if the number just disappeared.

The first Showcase sucked.  Too many trips, plus what happens if the winner doesn't live in California? Are they going to get flown to California just for a day in that spa in Santa Barbara?  I really hate it when the show offers trips to Southern California- there's plenty of other (better!) places in the U.S. to offer trips! The second Showcase was better, though it didn't need a trip after the other Showcase was nothing but trips.

Andrea and Deborah's overbid was just painful. Drew's reveal flat-out sucked...if he can't do the dramatic reveal right, he should just go back to reading the price and moving on- don't dwell on it or drag it out.  The way he dragged it out and dwelled on it made it seem like he'd forgotten that the other contestants won.

OVERALL: 3/5.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.