Author Topic: CSS Results for May 14?  (Read 2125 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 14?
« on: May 14, 2010, 10:57:42 PM »
Still not sure if this is going to count for double points like are on the spreadsheet, but since 25 out of the 30 people DID get their bids in, I'm inclined to say that it will. Final decision on Monday.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for May 14, 2010 -- Game 156

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:54:44 AM by BuddyTom »
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline elonpuckhog

• In Contestant's Row
Re: CSS Results for May 14?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »
It looked like chat went down right about the time that bids should have been submitted.  I went over, but I think it should count anyway.

Offline MrRoc

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »
I think it SHOULD count today, because like you said, a majority of the people got in so you should count it, Tom :biggrin: Plus, I did REAL good today so there you have it :oldlol:

Offline visualbasicwizard

• Walking the Golden Road
  • 2005-2014
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:17:22 PM »
My bids got lost in the magic cloud of electrics.  I had busted on 2, and garfed 1.  If you want to count it, that's OK with me.

Check out my CSS signs: CSS images
My CSS calculator: http://www.vbwcomputers.com/CSS/calculator.php

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:17:34 PM »
My bids didn't make it, but it wouldn't bother me for CSS to count. 25 successful bid sends is a lot more than I expected.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 11:17:41 PM »
I'm on the edge also because some people might have DSW's and good points to add to their totals but people with maybe 60 games might need every playing they can get to make the cut and if this would count and they couldnt play that would be one more game they missed out on to try and catch up to the line.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Mario_75

• In Contestant's Row
  • AN AY-UF
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 11:18:31 PM »
I was wondering why nothing appeared in the chat after Kitch said, "Send your bids now!" At least I'm glad it wasn't my internet that kept me from accessing the site for the next hour. I don't think today should count, but I'm not just saying that because I couldn't get my bids in (20456/25556). I don't think it's fair to those that had the crash beat them to it, even though Friday IS double points. It's your call, Tom. If you want to count today, go ahead.
P-P-P-Poker Game, P-P-Poker Game (muh muh muh muh)

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 11:40:18 PM »
Same here mario, I tried to say my bids in chat after 2nd commercial and nothign appeared, then hit chat again and it said site was unavailable and didnt come back until shortly after 11 my time this morning.  I think my bids were ok. But tom, the ball is in your court if u want to count it.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 11:50:30 PM »
The site did not go down until a few seconds after the first commercial break, which technically, we are supposed to get our bids in by anyway.  Of course, I might be a bit biased ;)....

Offline RKO36

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 11:55:22 PM »
If everyone couldn't get their bids in today shouldn't count.  It's not fair to the people that couldn't get them in.  And if Big Jon couldn't get his in (he probably won) and his aren't counted that completely boguses the results.  The playing field needs to be level for everyone to have the bids count and that isn't the case today.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 11:57:05 PM »
No difference to me.  I'd count them, but whatever.

(Oh, and in case Tom didn't get mine, Heels...$21,800/$27,042)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 12:13:44 AM »
I submitted within the first commercial and there were still several seconds before the site started borking...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 12:22:35 AM »
I don't think it should count, certainly not as double points.    But then I had $254 difference on the 2nd one but wasn't able to submit it, so call me biased :P   

Perhaps make it for single points, then make Monday double points.   Certainly wouldn't be fair for it to be double points.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 03:06:00 AM »
I got my bids in, I believe....sent early today so I wouldn't change them....I'd probably go with brosa's suggestion about having single points, and making Monday double.

Perhaps a rule should now be created "Send late at your own risk - if X number of people are able to submit, then CSS is valid for that day".

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 10:34:20 AM »
Perhaps make it for single points, then make Monday double points.   Certainly wouldn't be fair for it to be double points.
I like this idea.

BTW:  I did not play at all.  Ducked out for an early lunch.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP