Author Topic: CSS Results for May 17  (Read 1080 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 17
« on: May 17, 2010, 03:45:42 PM »
Today there was an option for double points if you had difficulty submitting on Friday. Eight people asked, but unfortunately only three received. The remaining five are almost all due to a strangely cheap trip to Cabo San Lucas, or else that... um... motorized surf board was free? Gah.

FrenchFan gets a lot of firsts today: first win, first cash, first DSW. Not bad, considering they actually live IN FRANCE and have no access to American TV and have to bid in US$ undoubtedly converting in their head from Euros. Mario_75 was also able to take advantage of his doubling and gets 2x points and 2x cash. Hag and CrossTraffic got their belated doubler too, but garfed.

And I had such a good bid on SC2... oh well. I'm sure Kev347 is saying the same thing (he would have beat me had we both not KO'd).

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for May 17, 2010 -- Game 157

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
Re: CSS Results for May 17
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 04:39:23 PM »
Thank goodness I didn't realize just how awesome the penthouse suite was...had I realized, I probably would have added 5k to my bid.

Given my $4,654 difference on that showcase, that probably would not have ended well for me.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 05:31:51 PM »
FrenchFan gets a lot of firsts today: first win, first cash, first DSW. Not bad, considering they actually live IN FRANCE and have no access to American TV and have to bid in US$ undoubtedly converting in their head from Euros.

It is indeed difficult, I rely only on Jon to watch the feed. I had a link to watch western feed, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore.

To make it even more difficult, I arrived at the half of SC1 and only see the boat, and I bid semi-blind with the scheme 2 trips + 1 boat, usual nowadays, in my head. It was not, making me even luckier. :-D :lol:

I watch American show on a regular basis for about 15 months or so, so now I can make a difference between € items and $ items. I make a conversion only for unknown materials.

I'm a boy, you can say "he" next time.  ;)
Le Juste Prix, my childhood gameshow, and love TPIR.

HYO: $75,515 (SC 1/2 (loss against a DSW), PG 2/2, getting up on stage 2/8 - 2 FFBC)
CSS: 2 wins, 1 DSW, 2 WSD, $202,298, best bid $118.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 12:55:16 AM »
$28,300/$36,200... it was a penthouse, for goodness sake! What the heck happened?!

Kristin's bids: $29,000/$31,000... a fine bid on the second showcase goes for naught.

Offline Macsen

• Retro Recap Guide
  • The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 06:48:15 AM »
According to whinbaby, the Maxum Green is almost to $20k now. Must be rising due to it being boat season. It used to be just under $18k at one point this season.

The trip to Cabo was only $5,100. Then again, it was a new resort, the boat trip was only a single day, and I didn't sense any bells and whistles. Not like that one time when you rented a house and flew a private jet there...

I have no excuses for the trip to London. For some reason, a week in a 3-bedroom penthouse flat is cheaper than a regular hotel.

Tom: I know it's a bit nit-picky since Stagey was over on SC1, but it wasn't a DOB. :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:51:41 AM by Kitch »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."