Author Topic: Field of 64 Pricing Games - IT'S ALL OVER!!!  (Read 121932 times)

Offline Aaron A. Camp

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Field of 64 Pricing Games - Week7
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 08:57:03 PM »
RACE GAME V. BARKER'S BARGAIN BAR

I don't like either of these games, quite honestly. Race Game is fun, but a wheelchair-bound contestant would have trouble playing it. Barker's Bargain Bar is a simple game that allows longer games such as Three Strikes to be played, but the set will not allow the game to be played for two cars.

VERDICT: Barker's Bargain Bar wins 7-4.

-----------------------------------------------------------

TEN CHANCES V. BONKERS

These two games are very annoying. Ten Chances should have the "zero rule" removed because it becomes too easy for the Loyal Friends and True who get on stage to play the game, and baffles casual viewers. Bonkers has contestants who look at the audience during the game. Bonkers has fun music, and Ten Chances has a massive set.

VERDICT: Ten Chances wins 6-5.

Offline Forrest20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 12:18:43 AM »
Race Game vs. Barker's Bargain Bar

Race Game is a great classic with a cool set and some great moments in Price history.  It also has a great setup which does a lot for it.  It is also played at just the right frequency in my opinion, not too little, and not too much.  Also, its a race against the Clock, just a very fun, fast-paced game!  Bargain Bar is a quirky kind of game.  Yes, its played far too much, but it is slightly more interesting than the boring Switch? and One Right Price with its set and slightly different concept.

In the end, no upset in sight here, Race Game wins 8-3.

Ten Chances vs. Bonkers

Ten Chances is a fantastic game with a huge set and a simple, but fun concept.  It is unfortunate because it has been marred by some terrible playings over the years.  However, due to the zero rule and "10 second" rule, this seems to have become one of Bob's pet games, which makes it that much more fun to watch for me.  This is a game I would love to play if I ever got on the show because I would want to see how few chances it would take me to win.  Bonkers is another fast paced game, which has had its moments, but much like Ten Chances has been maligned somewhat by horrible playings of its own over its short history.  One thing that amazes me about Bonkers is that (at least to me), it seems as though going with the odds on every number will win the game about 3 out of every 4 playings, but very few contestants actually go with the odds on all the numbers.  I just don't get that.

Anywho, Ten Chances wins 9-2.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 12:27:53 AM »

CampDaddy90 wrote:
RACE GAME V. BARKER'S BARGAIN BAR

I don't like either of these games, quite honestly. Race Game is fun, but a wheelchair-bound contestant would have trouble playing it.

You don't have to worry about that. A wheelchair-bound contestant would NEVER be called before Race Game, Bonkers, Plinko, Let 'em Roll, etc. would be played.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 03:11:06 AM »
All that time typing and I lost my post on submission :(
I'll try again with a shorter post.

RACE GAME vs. BARKER'S BARGAIN BAR

Race game has great music, set and reveal.  Always a favorite.  BBB has best set of 2-prizers, but can be boring.  It can be played when broken, and that's just wierd.

Verdict: RACE GAME 9-2

TEN CHANCES vs. BONKERS

Ten Chances has the enduring set, format, and "0 rule".  The frustration from unaware contestants and Bob's commentary during this game make it both fun and frustrating to watch.  Bonkers is an interesting hybrid of Race Game and Card Game that can be fun, except for the lookey-loos.

Verdict: TEN CHANCES 8-3
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 09:45:42 AM »
Race Game has been a favorite of mine since I was itty-bitty  :-D . The music goes really well for the action of the game and the rules are least complicating. Contestants need to take note that you're "racing against the clock". No looking at the audience, PERIOD. BBB is a unique quickie game but for me, It would be just not my game. Figuing out the bargain price may seem a bit luck-based.

My choice is Race Game 8-3.

10 Chances is fun and exciting for the audience participation and high stakes for when a car is on the line even if you have 10 seconds (or perhaps maybe more :-)). Bonkers is another fast-paced racing against the clock game. (See Race Game) It's fun and the music also matches the action and maybe I would do well in this game but I rather take a HUGE chance with 10 Chances.

My choice is 10 Chances 8-3.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 11:28:06 AM »
Everytime I see Race Game come up on the show, I involuntarily shout out "Race Game!!!". While Barker's Bar is a better quickie than most people give it credit for, I've never known it to inspire this kind of love, at least from me.

Race Game, 9-2.

You can't beat the drama of Ten Chances. Even when the contestant is making a shipwreck out of it, you get to watch the audience go ape, Bob try to keep his patience, and you can even freak out a little at home. If the contestant wins with ease, it's somehow extremely gratifying.  Contestants can royally louse up Bonkers, too, but just as all unhappy families are unhappy in a different way, so do FUBAR pricing games vary in how enjoyable their less ept playings can be. The tension and madness just don't build in Bonkers the way they do in 10 Chances.
Ten Chances: 8-3, but I still loves ya Bonkers.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 12:19:09 PM »
I'm fully aware of what I'm doing when I give 11-0 scores.  I don't give those out willy nilly.  Now on to the matchups at hand.

Race Game vs Barker's Bargain Bar
I really like both games.  Race Game is fast paced and exciting.  Barker's Bargain Bar takes the basic two prize quickie and gives it an interesting, unique twist.  I am going to give it to Race Game.
Race Game 7, Barker's Bargain Bar 4

Ten Chances vs Bonkers
Ten Chances has always had interesting moments.  The bad playings of Ten Chances can actually be just as entertaining as the good ones.  Bonkers is an interesting, fast paced game, but Ten Chances is a classic.  Ten Chances wins.
Ten Chances 7, Bonkers 4

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 09:43:30 PM »
Barker's Bargain Bar has been doing better than I thought it would. While it does have a great set, it's a dull game that can't compare to Race Game, which is very fun, and also has a great set.

Race Game wins rather easily, 10-1.

Both Ten Chances and Bonkers are among my favorite games, and both can be frustrating when they are played incorrectly. Both games are fun, but Bonkers has the slight edge, because of the awesome think music.

Bonkers wins, 6-5.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 04:04:19 PM »
Only 2 days left to vote this week.

AND I promise no negative campaign ads!
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline chnlsrfr4

• 6/15/2004
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 10:28:28 PM »
Race Game v. BBB: Race Game is fun, BBB isn't. No contest here.

Race Game wins 8-3

Ten Chances v. Bonkers: The two most frustrating games on the show. Bonkers is by far more frustrating to watch, mainly because is should be one of the easiest games on the show and contestants rarely win it. I give this one to Ten Chances, 7-4.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 04:01:03 PM »
In the mess of excitement this week, we seem to have been buried some here.  Don't forget to vote this week!  Voting ends tomorrow at 5pm.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 04:36:31 PM »
Race Game vs. Barker's Bargain Bar

How can people understand the rules to Barker's Bargain Bar, but not to Check Game? Bargain Game is an interesting twist on a two-prizer, but at the same time, also uninteresting. Race Game is easy to understand and is interesting to watch. I like Race Game a good deal more than Bargain Bar -- I'll score this 8-3 in favor of Race Game.

Ten Chances vs. Bonkers

While Bonkers isn't too much about pricing (the last three numbers are a random guess of sorts), you should still be able to win it if you know the thousands digit of the price. Not that that stops contestants from randomly whipping disks around until time is up. Ten Chances is the easiest way to tell the non-fans from the loyal friends and true (or at least the contestants with some common sense) and is a good pricing game in the sense that if you're even semi-decent at pricing, you will be rewarded with a car. I'll give this to Ten Chances, 9-2.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 09:59:46 PM »
Topic made sticky by MG.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 10:18:56 PM »
If I may.....(Last week, I didn't get around to. Plinko might have lost because I didn't vote!)

Race Game requires contestants to be fast, but as long as they have price knowledge, they can win. BBB is all right, but I'd prefer to see Switch and Clock Game to it.

Race Game wins 9-2. Might have higher, but BBB has Barker's name in it.  :-P

Ten Chances and Bonkers......both games I like, but I like Ten Chances more. The last two numbers in Bonkers espescially are basically a guess, but if you go with the odds, you might have a better chance. Of course, in Ten Chances, the 3rd and 4th digit of the car (and 2nd digit, occasionally of the 2nd prize), are luck as well.

I'll give it to Ten Chances 8-3.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Field of 64 Pricing Games - Updated 11/3
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 03:00:16 PM »
Hi gang, and welcome back to week 8 in the Field of 64 Pricing Games.  We are in a slightly different location this week, and I hope people are able to find the new match-ups.  This week, we look at the final match-ups in the Dobkowitz division.  After this week, we will be down to just 48 Pricing Games.

In the first match-up this week, we have

#7 ONE AWAY

vs

#11 FLIP-FLOP

And, closing out the bracket, we have

#2 CLIFF HANGERS

vs

#15 TAKE TWO

Here are my thoughts on this week's games...

First, we have a pretty tough match-up here.  I never got into One Away as much as others, and the whole "Ladies, does he have __ numbers right" thing never grew on me.  It's an OK game, but down the list of car games for me.  Flip Flop is not bad for a one prizes, as I think you really need to consider the price, or price patterns, in order to win.

I'll give it to One Away, but only 6-5.

For the second game, I have to admit that Take Two was a last minute switch in the brackets, as I originally had a one-prizer in that slot, and wanted to avoid similar game competing here.

CliffHangers has quite a following for a simple one-prizer.  Could it be the most recognizable one-prizer to the casual fan?  Take Two is just OK, and seems to mostly come down to guesswork, though the prizes are often interesting.

I like Cliffy, 9-2.