Author Topic: Recap -- 5/25/10  (Read 22398 times)

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
Re: Recap Placeholder -- 5/25/10
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »
Wow, we are 0 for 12 on Pricing Games so far for this week. Failure.
Dating back to last Friday we've had 15 straight pricing games lost.
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 04:03:48 PM »
Was Matt Lauer off his game?

Meredith kept telling everyone they only had three seconds to answer.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »
I am getting very tempted to say some not-so-nice and not-so-politically-correct things about Fingers.

My recap.

I wonder what episode Patty was previously on...

BTW: According to the stats site, there were 12 skunkings before this week, so if that's right, we're up to 14.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:31:56 PM by Kitch »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 04:38:07 PM »
The first show on season 38 with the technical win and the halloween episode don't count as winless. In order for the show to be winless no pricing games won even bailouts don't prevent skunkings but technical wins do and plinko was won on the halloween episode.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »
I am getting sick and tired of seeing so many winless hows. At least we had a showcase win.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »
My God...are we sure Roger didn't sneak in and produce this episode?  I don't think there are enough words in the English language to express how much better it was than yesterday's show.  Drew even seemed to give a damn today...he appeared to be trying his hardest to host the show correctly, and he succeeded about 95% of the time.  This felt exactly like the show I grew up with.

Bonkers was not played well.  All Alexa had to do to win was go with the odds on every number.

I wish Drew would go back to doing the Five Price Tags reveal himself.  The Beauties just aren't good at it.

On the other hand, having Door #2 close when Five Price Tags was lost was pretty cool.

Still speaking of Five Price Tags, that's one game they do seem to know how to control.  The tags were a classic Roger budget setup -- the lowest price was the ARP, and it was at the bottom of the board.

There were no trips in the Showcase!  That's only the second time that's happened since last season's Christmas taping break!  Heck, as if that weren't enough, both of them were totally, completely normal showcases!  The funny thing is...they haven't done these in so long that I think they've forgotten how to write them correctly.  I hope they'll get some more practice at it by the end o the season, though!

Actually, the first showcase today would have made for a great Train Depot showcase...if, y'know, they hadn't thrown out the Train Depot set.

plinko was won on the halloween episode.

Plinko has never been won.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GR_Man_9009

• BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »
Plinko has never been won.
I think he means that someone one at least $10,000 playing Plinko.

The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 05:36:21 PM »
I think he means that someone one at least $10,000 playing Plinko.

That's exactly what i mean.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: Recap -- 5/25/10
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 05:40:06 PM »
This is shaping up to be an atrocious week... two straight skunkings? That's horrible.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Daniel
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 05:43:46 PM »
That's exactly what i mean.
Although we consider it a win, officially it is a loss, but if somebody gets the top value at least once it's officially considered a bailout. An otherwise winless show with a top-value hit on Plinko is not considered skunked.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 06:09:18 PM »
15 straight pricing games lost & 2 skunkings in a row - absolutely, positively, grade A, 100% ridiculous!!!! :oldevil:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:10:58 PM by Cartboy »
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »
Well, at least somebody won their showcase?

That being said, Gavazzi said a lot of the things I was going to - today was much better than yesterday. This happened simply because Drew tried harder and lots of humorous moments presented themselves. The woman in Bonkers who asked if she could use one paddle at a time - Drew reacted to that in his own way and it was funny. I also liked Drew's crack during the Price Is Right plug - "if you want to see people winning pricing games, today you might have to go to priceisright.com". I like how it's getting increasingly more difficult for him to not acknowledge skunks.  :P I don't know why the modeling groceries resurfaced today, meh to that, but still, it was fun.

While the 5 Price Tags car portion was classic Roger, the SPs seemed a little off to me. The first two in particular seemed a little extra blatantly false, especially since both of those SPs would have been really hard if they were true. Does anybody know if the setups on those both got changed?

While today was fun enough, we need to get some wins now - this week is just depressing. I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't just play Double Prices 6 times tomorrow and see what happens....

Timings:
Bonkers (4.5) - 4:01
5 Price Tags (5.5) - 5:54
Switch? (3.5) - 3:08
Grocery Game (5) - 4:33
Most Expensive (3.5) - 3:56
That's Too Much! (5) - 3:20
Total time (27): 25:50

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 07:23:42 PM »
Some hard setups today, but Bonkers, while played hard, was played wrong, as the first paddle shouldn't have spent that much time above the 6. It seems to me that Drew has been doing a good job of emphasizing the need to rush during this game, as after a long string of lollygaggers we've had to put up with, that's two straight playings now where the contestant has pretty much paid no attention to the audience.

TTM followed the rule that seems to show up almost every time: the prices went $22k - $23k - $24k - [[$26k]]. I'm pretty sure the thousands digit jumps by two every time the contestant is supposed to stop, although the contestant is not supposed to stop every time the thousands digit jumps by two. I'm going to go ahead and make the claim that this has officially become an easy game if you know what to expect, a la Cover Up, Now or Then, Ten Chances.

Offline Scorpz

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »

BTW: According to the stats site, there were 12 skunkings before this week, so if that's right, we're up to 14.

It probably should be 12 total (including today). My total includes October 21 and October 30, episodes where no games were won outright, but more than $10,000 was won in Plinko.

Offline TLEberle

• Outside in Line
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 08:49:27 PM »
I could do without the "LE PEW!" "EL SKUNKO!" and the extra stuff in the recaps. I thought we were going to be rid of that when Joe C. stepped down.