Author Topic: cu's Price is Right: Episode Three: FINAL (Comments Welcome!)  (Read 21836 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode Three: SCSD2
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2010, 06:06:04 PM »
And here goes WooWho's spin, looking to beat 45 cents. pathy's standing over there, hoping that WooWho gets less than 45 cents, as he wants to go to the Showcases.  Who will win? Let's find out.

...Almost a tie, but not quite. Ten cents won't do it. Sorry WooWho, enjoy your car. pathy, you're going to the Showcases! *Dig '07*

pathy is going to the showcases to try to win big. Showcases are next, don't go away!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode Three: SHOWCASES
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2010, 06:10:28 PM »

The top winner in our Showcase today is Army! And our runner up today is pathy! In just a moment, I'm going to show each of you a fabulous showcase full of prizes to bid on. The one of you who is closest to the actual retail price of your own showcase without going over, will win it. But, if you're the winner, and you're within $250 of the actual retail price of your own showcase, you will win both showcases!

Army, as the top winner you can choose to bid on or pass this first showcase. Here is the first showcase!

This showcase contains prizes revealed as Megan plans her summer vacation.

Megan loves the summer, you see, and every year, she tries to get as much out of it as she can. After all, summer only comes once a year! Well, this year, she has a lot planned, but she always starts off her summer by going to the water in her new…kayak!

The Sandpiper kayak from Eddyline is easy to paddle and weighs 38 pounds.  Take to the lakes and rivers in this kayak, perfect for fishing or just enjoying nature.

However, there’s much more for Megan to do than just kayak. There’s the beach! Megan loves the beach, spending as much time there as she can, soaking up the sun, enjoying the water, and just having a darn good time.  This summer, however, Megan has grown tired of the same old beach she’s always gone to, so this year, Megan is going to the beaches of fabulous…Rio!

You and a guest will fly round trip from Rochester to Rio de Janeiro for a five-night stay in a luxury hotel located near the beaches of Rio.  Soak in the sun, enjoy the nightlife, and look for Megan on the beach! And we’ve included a rental car!

Now that Megan is nice and tan, she’s ready for one final adventure. You see, this summer, she’s embarking on something she’s never done before.  And you’re going to join her, as she takes in the fresh, open air cruising the highways of America in this brand new…CONVERTIBLE!

The 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible! Cruise the wide open roads of our fine country in this fine convertible, which comes with standard equipment, the Ford Mustang!

And this showcase, in which Megan is now sad that summer is over and it’s time to get back to work, can be yours if, the price is right!

Army, would you like to bid on that showcase or pass it over to pathy?

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode Three: SCSD2
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2010, 11:53:50 PM »
...wait, I'm the top winner?  Even after that failboat I put up in Five Price Tags?  Sweet!

I'll bid on this one...and bid $32,100.

(Random note: According to Firefox spellcheck, 'failboat' is not a word.  But it should be.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2010, 12:07:37 AM »
$32,100 for Army.

*DING*

pathy, here is your showcase!

*FF '94 vamp* *all Leslie except where noted*
This showcase contains clocks. Apparently nobody wants them anymore, so we have too many of them lying around.  Therefore, we’re going to give them all to you! And it all starts with this lovely new grandfather clock!

The Ashley grandfather clock from Howard Miller will look great in your living room.  Now you will always know what the time is when you are watching TV!

But, while one clock is nice, it’s not good enough for us. So we’re going to give you another grandfather clock!

The Vulliamy grandfather clock from Keininger has a walnut case, with solid brass column caps, beveled crystal glass, gold-plated decorations and numerals, and more.  This clock will look fantastic in your living room…just move the other clock to another room first. Maybe the dining room?

But why should grandfather clocks get all of the love? We’ve got plenty more clocks to go around, such as this wall clock!

The Maxwell wall clock from Howard Miller will look great on any wall. This clock has a hardwood cherry finish with a polished brass dial with silver chapter ring.  This clock will go great in your bedroom! Or maybe the kitchen. Who knows?

However, you need a new conversation piece in your home. You can only talk about grandfather and wall clocks so much before people get bored. Therefore, we’re going to give you this new cuckoo clock!

This cuckoo clock from Schneider will go great in any room in your home.  Features a wooden dial, hands, and cuckoo, and the child figurines on the clock swing as the music plays on the hour.

So, you’ve got grandfather clocks, a wall clock, and a cuckoo clock. All that’s left is another grandfather clock!

The Mauritius triple chime grandfather clock from Hermle will look good in a room in your home where you do not currently have a clock. I think we’re starting to run out of rooms. How many clocks do we still have back there? Anyways, this clock comes with a solid wood pinch-waist case with a cherry finish with a removable hood and easy movements.

Now that we’ve run out of rooms to put clocks in, there’s only one place missing- the garage.  However, we don’t have any clocks for a garage, so I guess you’ll have to make do with the clock in this…brand new car!
*FF '94* *Kate*

The 2010 Chevy Aveo5 LS! Comes with standard features, the Chevy Aveo!

And this showcase, containing every clock in the house, can be yours if, the price is right!

*audience boos*

Now, just hold on one minute! Why are you all booing that showcase? I think that's a mighty fine showcase, myself! I mean, look at all those clocks! Anyone would kill to have that many clocks in their home!

Anywho, pathy, bid on them, please.

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2010, 10:28:13 AM »
I definitely want that showcase. ^^
Le Juste Prix, my childhood gameshow, and love TPIR.

HYO: $75,515 (SC 1/2 (loss against a DSW), PG 2/2, getting up on stage 2/8 - 2 FFBC)
CSS: 2 wins, 1 DSW, 2 WSD, $202,298, best bid $118.

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »
$32,000 please, I have no clue on the clocks...

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:13 AM »
$32,000.

*DING*

And we'll be right back to find out who wins.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode Three: FINAL (Comments Welcome!)
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2010, 11:42:46 AM »

Army, we'll start with you. You bid $32,100 on your showcase. Actual retail price of your showcase is...

...thirty-five thousand, eighty ($35,080), for a difference of...

*DING* $2950.

pathy, you bid $32,000 on all of those clocks. pathy, the actual retail price of your showcase is...

... forty-one thousand, six ninety-four ($41,694)...

*DING*...you're off by a lot, and Army wins! *DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING* *Main theme '07*

Army's won $37,880 worth of prizes today, including a convertible, great job! This is cu, reminding you, help control the overbidder population, have your CSS bids shaved or cut down. Goodbye everybody!

This is some random announcer, speaking for, cu’s Price is Right! A Random Netgame Production!

CU’S PRICE IS RIGHT
EPISODE #003GR

The following suppliers of products
have paid for their use
and promotion:
WE HAVE TO PAY THEM. THEY PAY US? CRAZY!

The following suppliers of products
or services have furnished them
free or less than retail:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WE CAN’T EVEN GET A SPONSOR FOR THE CLOSED-CAPTIONING PLUGS! YOU THINK WE GET FREE STUFF? WRONG!

Model’s Wardrobe
Fashioned By:
THEMSELVES. WE’RE NOT THEIR MOTHERS. THEY CAN DRESS THEMSELVES.

All prices are the suggested
manufacturer’s supplier’s retail
price unless otherwise announced.

All contestants must meet eligibility requirements
in order to receive announced fake prizes.

A RANDOM
NETGAME PRODUCTION

Executive Producer
CU2010

Producer
PRODUCER

Associate Producers 
PRODUCER JR.
STANCU2010
JEFF

Directed By
DIRECTOR

Announcer
SOME RANDOM ANNOUNCER

Models
LESLIE
KATE
MEGAN

RECORDED AT
THE INTERWEBZ

CU’S PRICE IS RIGHT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that's a wrap. Notes, stats, and stuff to come in the next post- it's almost CSS time. :D

« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 12:07:14 PM by therealcu2010 »

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2010, 12:09:09 PM »
Pathfinder is off by 9k, not 11k.

HYO: $75,515 (SC 1/2 (loss against a DSW), PG 2/2, getting up on stage 2/8 - 2 FFBC)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode Three: FINAL (Comments Welcome!)
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2010, 12:26:45 PM »
...FrenchFan, you're right. Stupid calculator...remind me never to update while the show is on again. I can't edit the post anymore...someone wanna edit in this graphic in place of the other one? Man I was hoping for no more nasty edits...

All right, stats time!

Winnings breakdown:
Army: $37,880
Kitch: $23,303
WooWho: $19,827
Fieldsy: $6995
Unique: $6158
pathy: $999
goldie, joeyboy, PatrickRox80: A large box of junk, plus a 99c fried chicken TV dinner, and dates with our models

Showcase breakdowns, in case you were wondering why SC2 was so expensive:
SC1- "Megan's Summer Vacation"
Kayak: $1349
Rio: $5736
Mustang: $27,995

SC2- "A Showcase Filled With Clocks"
Howard Miller grandfather clock: $2021
Keininger grandfather clock: $21,090
Wall clock: $1050
Cuckoo clock: $1659
Hermle grandfather clock: $3039
Aveo: $12,835

Notes:
-New one-bid and Showcase podiums, along with a new turntable set, to match those on the actual show, though we didn't like how the monitors looked on the Showcase podiums, so we gutted the electronics out of the old ones and retrofitted the new ones with them.
-4 for 6 today, though none of the pricing game winners made it past the Showcase Showdown...Roger, when was the last time that happened?
-After five live shows and the previous two shows here, Kitch is the first person to legitimately win an all-trip multiprizer. The only other time one was won was on live show number 7 when I accidentally confused Shopping Spree with Credit Card and set the spending minimum above the sum of the prices of the three prizes, resulting in a technical win. Congrats, Kitch, for stopping me there.
-On that note, I'm still trying to figure out how Fortune Hunter was actually won...
-I was actually expecting a much larger garf on the clock showcase...I was half expecting a bid somewhere in the low-20K range...
-Episode Four to come eventually...maybe. Depends on whether or not I find a job.

Leave your comments! Kitch, if you could recap this that'd be just great. Excel sheets and/or show logs available upon request- shoot me a PM for them.  Great job, everybody- it was great fun!

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2010, 12:35:49 PM »
You should fire the person who is responsible of electronics of the props. ^^

Too bad I didn't get called. Good game though :)

I'll stay tuned for another of your shows.