Author Topic: 2010 CSS Playoffs  (Read 1437 times)

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
2010 CSS Playoffs
« on: May 30, 2010, 06:43:09 PM »
It's CSS PLAYOFFS Time.  The format has not changed much from last year, to here it is :)

2010 CSS PLAYOFFS - RULES

1.  CSS Playoffs will include the 10 CSS games from Thursday, June 3, 2010 to Wednesday, June 17, 2010.  If any games are spoiled or pre-empted during this time, June 25th will be the makeup day.
2.  Only players who are "above the line" after Wednesday, June 2, 2010 are eligible for playoffs.  Players who are not above the line are welcome to continue to participate in CSS, and the year-long spreadsheet will continue to be calculated.
3.  During the playoff period, players will be ranked by their "Playoff Average", and the player with the highest average after the 10 games will be crowned 2010 CSS Champion.  "Playoff Average" will be computed in the following manner, and is explained below:

Playoff Average = Points Average During Playoffs + Bonus Points

Points Average During Playoff:  A player's point average is the number of CSS points earned each day, divided by the number of games played.  During the playoffs, all point multipliers are eliminated with the exception of multipliers for a DSW or QSW.

Bonus Points:  Players earn playoff bonus points based on their season-long CSS performance in both points average and money earned.  The top player in both points and money will earn 10 bonus points, 2nd place earns 9 bonus points, 3rd place earns 8 points....down to 10th place, which earns 1 bonus point.  The number of bonus points for each player will be calculated based on standings closing on Wednedsay, June 3rd.

Example:  Let's say that in the 10-day playoff period, my scoring average is 62.50.  Since I am first in year-long points (10 points) and 6th in money (5 points), I would earn 15 bonus points.  My playoff average is then 77.50 points.

4.  A player must play at least 5 of the 10 CSS Playoff games in order to qualify to be CSS Champion.
5.  Money earned during playoff games will not figure into playoff standings, but will continue to count towards the season-long spreadsheet.

Please contact me if you need clarification, or want to point out errors.  Complaints go to Tom, as they did last year :-)

Best of luck to all of our CSS players!

Players who have qualified for the playoff's are listed in the attached spreadsheet in alphabetical order

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 05:14:51 PM by BigJon »
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2010 CSS Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 07:42:39 PM »
Well, barring a job offer comes up soon, I should be able to play in all css games.  Hopefully I can do good in the playoffs granted I garf alot.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 10:55:40 PM »
I very likely can not participate in even one game in the playoffs, because of a good old thing called a summer class that runs until 11:50.

HOWEVER, this does not stop me from doing my sports reporter like preview like last year, which you'll get soon enough.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:58:33 PM by UniquePerspective »
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 11:05:15 PM »
I'm not gonna bother doing the sports reporter thing, 'cause I'm ineligible this year. My school and work schedule kept me below the line.

Good luck to everyone, namely, my fellow Team GRRR members.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 09:10:52 AM »
EDIT:

Never mind. I was going to say about how Mario and Nam would be eligible if they played all this week, but my math was wrong.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 09:30:15 AM »
EDIT:

Never mind. I was going to say about how Mario and Nam would be eligible if they played all this week, but my math was wrong.
Well Technically Counting Through Wednesday Would Make a Line at 67.2 Games, rounded down to 67. Their 63 + 3 This week normally wouldnt be enough BUT their was one friday playing on May 14th in which mario and nam couldnt get their bids in which would have given them that one extra playing they needed.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Mario_75

• In Contestant's Row
  • AN AY-UF
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »
Well Technically Counting Through Wednesday Would Make a Line at 67.2 Games, rounded down to 67. Their 63 + 3 This week normally wouldnt be enough BUT their was one friday playing on May 14th in which mario and nam couldnt get their bids in which would have given them that one extra playing they needed.

Well that stinks.  :-( Oh well. Good luck to all of you.  :biggrin:
P-P-P-Poker Game, P-P-Poker Game (muh muh muh muh)

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »
I've only played CSS like 2-3 times in the past 2 1/2 months, so I'm not sure how much I'll get to play in the playoffs (I can't believe I was still 2nd in cash :S).   See how I go I guess...