Author Topic: Recap -- 5/31/10  (Read 12168 times)

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Recap -- 5/31/10
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 10:52:17 PM »
I haven't paid close enough attention to notice when he started doing this, but I liked that Drew revealed the prices of the grocery items in Grocery Game when the game was done.  Also loved the theme.  Drew clearly likes the themes, so I don't think they'll be going away anytime soon.

Offline Ponch8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
I thought it was a good episode, but of course any episode I can catch is a good episode because I'm usually at work during the daytime.  The highlight for me was the Grocery Game product theme.  The showcases were nothing special, but the trips were nice.

Offline Otm Shank

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 11:04:48 PM »
I thought the Grocery Game theme was one of the coolest things I've seen on the "new" show.

Forgive the inappropriate pun, but I thought it was quite fitting that Josephine played Flip Flop.

I think we have officially no strategy for Plinko anymore.

Offline RKO36

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 11:14:12 PM »
I like the themes in grocery game.  It's cute and a little nicer than random products.  Today's was very clever.  That's a good job outta Scott.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 11:42:01 PM »
But Drew's comment suggested the 5 was wrong, yet Amy like so many before her let the nuts decide her last choice. Sorry, that's just the gazillionth contestant failure ever and counting... :roll:

But remember...like Drew said, he doesn't have any idea what the correct number is.  What if the 5 had been right?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 12:34:57 AM »
But remember...like Drew said, he doesn't have any idea what the correct number is.  What if the 5 had been right?

The problem is that whether or not the 5 had been right, Drew's comment might have changed the contestant's decision. Perhaps she didn't know that the 5 is "obvious", and Drew mentioning it made the dimwits' chants of "five" stand out more to her.

One thing that bothers me upon second thought is that the ending 5 has never been obvious in the Drew era. I know, my post history has a lot to do with ending 5's, but it's one of the most outstanding psychological quirks on the show today. Everyone and their grandma sitting in that audience seems to think that the price of every car ends in 5, and it's blatantly obvious that the show has taken advantage of that in games like Cover Up, Lucky Seven, Pocket Change, and most of all, Stack the Deck. If you needed any proof, it's Drew's comment today; the fact that he sees the 5 as "obvious" even though it's never been in the three years he's hosted the show says that he knows as well as Kathy and Mikey and everyone else that America expects a 5 and gets a 9, or a 4, or today, a 3. What's more, the show still uses some cars with prices ending in 0 and 5, but almost exclusively in fee games, Line 'em Up, and Temptation.

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 05:11:08 AM »
Hey Army, I fat-fingered the i in Pig. Please refresh. :oldlol:
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »
Got it.  You know, if you'd just get everything right the first time, I wouldn't have to worry about this sort of thing. :oldlol:
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 12:07:37 AM »
The theme Scott used today in Grocery Game is the best one he's done yet. Very clever!

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Josephine
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
I tought that when drew was infront of the any number board before the break that it was going to spin back around
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.