Author Topic: CSS Results for October 31  (Read 3656 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for October 31
« on: October 31, 2006, 01:33:10 PM »
Welcome, my darklings, to another edition of the CSS. I am your host, BloodyTom, and I need to give special thanks to my vampire minion for the day, LudwigMackdeadly for helping me to come up with some of your ghoulish names. Muahahahahaha!

First today, we had a lovely showcase in a Transylvanian hotel, consisting of classic horror movies, a player-organ, and an evil Reinell boat. And second... some furniture fit for the undead, a plasma TV (keep the vampires away from it or they'll suck it dry), and a trip to the Emerald Isle.

On the first showcase, despite many of us thinking that he was ::howls:: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOVER, the Stage Slayer slew us all with his excellent bid. But a considerable garf on the furniture was bested by almost everyone in the room. Our CSS statman Jugular18 comes away with a win and a mere $311 difference.

Everybody have a safe, spooky Halloween, and don't forget to play CSS in the next world!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for October 31, 2006 -- Game 31
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CSS Results for October 31
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 01:40:11 PM »
"Chief-Yo-Ho-Ho". Cuuuuuuuuute.........

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 01:40:59 PM »
BOOOOO... BOOO for the fact I backed out of 26666.. and then we had to all listen to   more loud trash talkers .. including one who garfed by not even  bidding HALF the boat total  claim  that showcase was under 20k-- perhaps he/'she thought the boat was made out of balsa wood. :)

but so glad to have gone for it and made up for my own HIDEOUS HIDEOUS performance monday --- a garf of the century and an over!!!  

Happy Halloween everyone.. what are you doing tonight? I am putting what I am doing in the Left Field forums.

:)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 01:55:28 PM »
Whoa... since when was Armadillo in chat? I didn't even see him (blame that on the chat software). That makes it 7-5 in our season series, then. It's only Tuesday, I know, but it's already been a great week for me. These are the type of consistent performances I want to have. Hopefully this will help me move up the leaderboard a bit.

Offline Robair

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Is this thing on?
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 02:21:18 PM »
Those of you who didn't play, that's why we were so disappointed. We wanted so badly to get your names up there in the blood of the gods, upholding the grand tradition of the Halloween CSS (fang you veddymuch, BloodyTom). But you can't improve on the classics, like HauntedForrest20. Wasn't it ClockGamyJohn last year? No, it was NancyDrewAndTheSecretOfTheOldClockGameJ ohn.

Makes me wish MAD-onna were in chat regularly. That one's maybe too easy.
We'll think of a signature. Don't worry.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 02:24:04 PM »
Hey, I didn't know it was double-points day!  Alright!  That should raise my average considerably.

And yes Heels, I snuck in right before PG6...with all the fury of a man who had just failed an exam entirely due to forgetting to bring a calculator.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Doughnut

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Crumbs from a Doughnut
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 02:30:40 PM »

Bob Mackey wrote:
Those of you who didn't play, that's why we were so disappointed.

I would have played, but I blame the ghouls that caused my Internet connection to bork during SC1.  Because of it, I wasn't able to pay attention to the whole thing. :/
Yes, I'm still around. :P

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »
Is there also a doubler for everybody when I'm the only one that overbids?

Or does that apply just for when Robair is the lone overbidder?  :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 06:25:55 PM »
Chief Yo-Ho-Ho, that's funny!  If I had played, what would my spooky name have been?
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 08:13:54 PM »

FieldsFan336 wrote:
Chief Yo-Ho-Ho, that's funny!  If I had played, what would my spooky name have been?

FiendsFan336, or FiendsPhantom336. :-D
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 08:17:53 PM »
I'd be worried what mine would have been..... :-D

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »
Methinks I did a smart move by not being involved with the CSS today!  I don't even want to contemplate what my name would have been...
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP