Author Topic: News  (Read 141124 times)

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: News
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 12:26:57 PM »
Unfortunate news. I think Rich is doing a good job.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 12:31:17 PM »
Just say it ain't so.  Say it ain't so!  :-(
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »
This definitely came out of left field.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »
I hope Rich Fields wasn't fired from The Price Is Right i will missed him and his friendship with Drew Carey.  :cry:
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »
I hope not either, but with the way this show has changed, and not for the better, it would not surprise me.

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 12:48:08 PM »
Drew doesn't have final say over anything, but you can bet a lot of people will have input into this matter from both Fremantle and CBS. Who knows, they may actually have gone out to the golf course and asked Syd ("Rich Fields? Is he the guy we promoted from associate producer?").

Rich is a nice guy and has it in him to be a good announcer if he would just tone it down.

+1 for Randy West.
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »
I was certainly not expecting to see this news posted.  After making a few phone calls, this rumor is apparently (at the very least) a hot topic of discussion and I've been told it can neither be confirmed or denied.

As others have pointed out, nanny has a rather good track record for information.  To me, that spells trouble.   For now, no official confirmation.

Marc and I will update as we learn more.
John

Offline Demerolguy

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 12:59:25 PM »
CBS probably wanted him out, as it has been said they wanted him to go a long time ago.

However, Drew does have final say over everything (he's the star of the show to whom CBS has been seemingly granting every wish of his) and he could have demanded they keep Rich.

I think Drew caved under the pressure of CBS's dislike of Rich.

Apparently they weren't such loyal buddies.

And Drew will say, like he did with Roger's dismissal "I knew nothing about it"

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
+1 for Randy West.
Good gravy Marie quoted for truth.  In my personal opinion the upity-ups might think he's too "stereotypical" game show announcer.

Burton would be a step *down* from Rich.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:14:22 PM by tpirfan28 »
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 01:09:03 PM »
Wow they are really getting rid of the Barker era.

its a shame they don't get rid of Drew there's nothing wrong with Rich

They will probably have announcers auditions again and pick someone else

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 01:10:02 PM »
All I can say is that if the rumor is true, I don't know what I'll do without hearing Rich's voice every morning that I have off from work.  It just won't be the same for me
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline tpirfan165

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »
Same here, Stephanie....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
< loves it when Drew Carey attempts to make an inspiration putt, and when it misses the hole, he just does a little second putt with the ball to sink it

( as was in his 500th show) ROFL!!!

Offline RatGnawedCheez

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 01:18:22 PM »
If this is true, I can only hope they replace Rich with a real announcer like Randy West, and not a comedian like Jonathan Mangum or *shudder* Daniel Rosen.  With the way things have been going for TPiR and game shows in general lately, I wouldn't put it past them to go with the latter option.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:20:00 PM by RatGnawedCheez »

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 01:24:58 PM »
Wow.  Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. :-o

This is a shock.  I don't have a problem with Rich.  Please, please say this isn't so.  If it is...man, I'm gonna miss Rich.  If there's any truth to this and Rich does get the boot (which I hope doesn't happen), I'd hope they consider Burton Richardson as a replacement.  Then again, isn't Burton still working for Family Feud?  With that production moving to Orlando, it'd probably be next to impossible to get him.

I have a sinking feeling about this one.  RatGnawedCheez, I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline clemsonfight

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 01:26:28 PM »
Noooo! I know some don't like him here but I love Rich Fields! When my best friends and I finally made our trek out to the show, we were planning to wear Rich Fields shirts! *heartbroken*