Author Topic: News  (Read 141120 times)

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: News
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 01:28:43 PM »
Drew does have final say over everything (he's the star of the show to whom CBS has been seemingly granting every wish of his)

I defer to your superior wisdom in this regard, but I hope you are aware that CBS does not own the show, nor does Drew have an ownership stake in it, and I hope you are familiar with the concept of "rights of ownership".
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline Superfan

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 01:38:18 PM »
to me rich sold his soul a few years ago when he became drews"Prizes" on the air.  im sure its not the popular opinon but i wont be sad to see him go if this is true.  he looked and acted like a fool and to me it made the show worse.  i agree that they could get rid of drew too though.  sorry for my unpopular opinon.  i guess this means no more rich fields gone wild, its just rich fields GONE!

Offline Otm Shank

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 01:41:20 PM »
If this is true, I can only hope they replace Rich with a real announcer like Randy West, and not a comedian like Jonathan Mangum ---

I like how the announcer role has evolved into this sidekick-type, almost sycophantic, role. The traditional Johnny Olsen type worked well with Bob's delivery; an Ed McMahon works better for Drew. Rich was able to pull off both.

However, it would not surprise me if the Brady-Mangum mold from Let's Make a Deal influenced the common powers that be. This is contrary to Price's history, where countless know-it-all executives would suggest something modern or trendy, but the show stayed true to its roots. Tinkering is the bane of television existence.

So, I guess the question is, what has Ryan Stiles been up to lately?

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
to me rich sold his soul a few years ago when he became drews "Prizes" on the air.

Please stop beating around the bush and make your point. Thank you.
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 01:48:54 PM »
Wait a minute, WHAT?!  I don't even want to think about the matter.  Rich is one of the nicest guys in television, and really, I don't have a problem with his style of announcing at all.  And where the heck did this even come from anyway?

As some have already said, Rich and Drew have chemistry that is just unmatched in today's game shows (Pat and Charlie O. sometimes, but nothing on the level of Drew and Rich).  I don't think I could see anyone else filling the role at this point.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 01:51:10 PM »
Wait a minute, WHAT?!  I don't even want to think about the matter.  Rich is one of the nicest guys in television, and really, I don't have a problem with his style of announcing at all.  And where the heck did this even come from anyway?

As some have already said, Rich and Drew have chemistry that is just unmatched in today's game shows (Pat and Charlie O. sometimes, but nothing on the level of Drew and Rich).  I don't think I could see anyone else filling the role at this point.

My feelings exactly
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2010, 01:52:51 PM »
Wait a minute, WHAT?!  I don't even want to think about the matter.  Rich is one of the nicest guys in television, and really, I don't have a problem with his style of announcing at all.  And where the heck did this even come from anyway?

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if the higher-ups have been pulling for this non-stop since Barker stepped down.  Didn't Roger say in one of his Stu's Show sessions that he had to talk them into keeping Rich when Bob left?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Modor

• In the Audience
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »
If it is true, I hope they have randy west since we were all hoping for him before rich was picked.
All of us?  I think not.

Offline Pushover72

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »
What I want to know is whether Drew Carey is in South Africa already.

If he is, then he bailed out of the country while they fired Rich Fields.

There is no way that Drew didn't know beforehand about Rich being fired (or is he going to play dumb?).

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 02:40:28 PM »
I really don't think its really a great idea to say he was fired or left. Or to assume anything at all.

There could be a number of reasons:

Non-renewal of contract
Fired from the show
Left voluntarily
New job and/or position
Dislike among viewers (god I hope this isn't reason)
Dislike among the staff (one of the possibilities)
A brew-ha-ha between Drew and Rich

I don't like to speculate this because its such an important news factor.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »
Speaking of Rich, didn't he have heaps more tweets on his tpirannouncer account?? 

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 02:50:39 PM »
Speaking of Rich, didn't he have heaps more tweets on his tpirannouncer account?? 
Yeah, I am guessing he probably deleted them

http://twitter.com/tpirannouncer

Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 03:04:14 PM »
This has obviously been in the air for a while now. For most of the season, Drew has been referring to Rich as the World's Best Announcer, a clear ploy to have him stick around another season. I don't think this is based on his talent, but another case of the show trying to trim the budget. Unfortunate really, as I'm not a fan of seeing familiar faces change all the time.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline TPIRFAN1964

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 03:04:48 PM »
Although I can't fully confirm the info., I have been told by a reliable source, that Rich has been let go as announcer of The Price is Right.  

So, now we'll just have to wait until John or Marc gets the OFFICIAL confirmation.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »
His personal account, too.  The tweets left in both places are really interesting...

I'm sorry, but if it smells like a rat, and it looks like a rat...
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP