Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #21: THE END  (Read 20390 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #21: SIGN-UPS
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 05:46:42 PM »
Called last but bidding second? Kay..well...Ill say..... $1420 :) S-t-t-t-t-t-toner-iffic :)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 05:48:37 PM »
Sorry, but those are the ugliest contraptions I've ever seen. This is technology going the ugly, somewhat like 80s.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline larryboy389

• In the Audience
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »
I bid $1590.
I'm leaving for at least a while.

Offline pricefan1991

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 08:54:21 PM »
$1

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #21: PG #1
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 09:19:43 PM »

All the bids are in; the actual retail price of those fans is $1,890, and larryboy is the winner!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING(applause)(Walking 2007)

Right up here next to me, larry.  I welcome you to the stage.  You're going to play the first pricing game of our show for something quite spiffy; that spiffy prize is right behind those doors!

(door #3 opens)(Amen, Brother Herbert)

It's a new boat!

(applause)(Holly models it)

From Sun Tracker comes the Bass Buggy 18!  Its practical, no-nonsense layout is perfect for families who simply want a basic, easy-to-maneuver, easy-to-own pontoon. There’s ample room for a crew of seven with an open floor plan with plenty of casting room fore and aft.  It features a color-coordinated six polyester Bimini top and dual-latching gates that open inward, goldroadfanatic!

Now, we aren't fooling around here, larry.  That boat is at least $12,300 in price, and the actual retail price lies somewhere on this scale from $12,300 to $12,900.  In a moment, this rangefinder will move up the scale.  It covers a $150 area, and when you think the price of the boat is anywhere in this red area, press the button to stop the rangefinder.   If the price falls in the red area, wherever you stop it, you'll win.  Step over there and I'll ask them to start the rangefinder!

(Just post what you want your $150 range to be)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:23:18 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 09:41:58 PM »
BTW, that is a six-foot polyester Bimini top on the boat, in case you were wondering.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
Is that a screencap from today's show? :S
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 09:46:10 PM »
It is; the first time ever in this series' history that the game image was from the most recent show.  I use these screencaps to show what game is being played, in case you're wondering.

Offline larryboy389

• In the Audience
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2010, 11:03:41 PM »
$12,350 to $12,500.
I'm leaving for at least a while.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #21: PG1
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »

DING

Okay, he's stopped the rangefinder.  If the price falls anywhere in the potion of the dark green strip that corresponds to the rangefinder, you'll win.  Light up the price!

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No, you should have let it go up a lot more, the price was $12,720; too bad, larry.

(2007 main theme)(applause)

We're going to try again for a win after this!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #21: IUFB #2
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 01:17:01 PM »
Rich, I want us to have a winner on this show, can you help me out?

I think I can with pathfinder20, come on down!  You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Here comes pathy, into the vacant spot in Contestants' Row.  Now here come Janice and Holly with the next item up for bids!

(cue 19)

It's a new butcher block cabinet!

(applause)

Create more workspace in your kitchen with this butcher block cabinet from furnitureontheweb.com's Sedona collection. This piece features a thick butcher block counter top surface, two side tower racks, utility storage drawer, and lower cabinet with wood doors, all in a rustic brown oak finish. Great for storage and display, this sturdy Sedona kitchen cabinet would make a clever accent to any home!

What do you bid on that, pathy?

Bidding Order:
pathfinder20
pricefan1991
MrRoc
vadernader

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 01:31:49 PM »
$1,111 please.

Offline pricefan1991

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 08:56:46 PM »
$1200.

Offline MrRoc

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 01:33:36 AM »
Hmph, $1414.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #21: IUFB2
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 11:30:30 AM »
$1
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz