Author Topic: Recap -- 6/9/10  (Read 26011 times)

Offline icazzy

• In the Audience
    • my YT page, full of Game Shows and other stuff
Re: Recap Placeholder -- 6/9/10
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 02:52:05 PM »
Lucky:   :headbang:

OB#3:  In case you didn't notice, Rhonda "fell ill" after Half-Off (PG#2) and couldn't continue playing.  Her sister (Janet) was called on down to play for her the rest of the show; she wound up playing One Away and lost.

Squeeze was winnable IMO.

Push:  Finally set up fairly and was won, too!

Showcases: Two bad things during the showcases:  :wsd: on SC2 + trips in both showcases.
Tripcase n.  A showcase that contains one or more trips.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 02:53:21 PM »
What a waste of time.

Now that we all know what happened on June 9th (or was it June 7th?), let’s not continue wasting each other’s time by second guessing the need for a speculation thread.  I was not privy to today’s events, and now that I know I agree that said events were underwhelming.  

If you knew what was going to happen and you continued to read the thread, great!  If you didn’t know what was going to happen and you wanted to join in on the speculating, good for you!  In either case, if you want to whine & Prizes because the enjoyment that you got out of today’s event didn’t outweigh the 18 pages of reading that you had days to sift through on your own time…don’t do it here.

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 03:08:31 PM »
Half off and pushover was won today but squeezey and easey shoulda been won today lucky 7 and one away were tough today.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 03:31:04 PM »
It may be a silly question, but my biggest question is, since it looked like Rhonda had three people with her, how it was decided that Janet would be the one of those three people to take Rhonda's place.  Did Stan decide?  Kathy?  Did those three audience members decide among themselves?  Did Rhonda specifically request Janet take her place?  I'm just curious about the process there :).

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 03:35:41 PM »
Lucky Seven was just evil today.
That game has always been EVIL lately, LOL!  8-O

Will that game ever be won again?  8-O

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 03:45:53 PM »
You couldn't help but want Janet to win badly.  At least that's how I saw it.  I thought for sure she had won One Away, but I guess I was wrong.  Do we know anything else about Rhonda's recovery process?  Hopefully, she recovered well.

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline SpunkyMunky

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 03:48:27 PM »
Is there anyone here who was at the taping that day? It would be interesting to hear from someone who was actually there.

Offline TPIRZippy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 03:51:43 PM »
$21915 in Lucky $even?  That was EVIL!  Too many evil L$ setups these days.

What a great win in ½ Off.  The first pair of SPs was evil, but she struck back!

I was really hoping that Janet would win One Away.  Too bad she came so close!

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 04:10:12 PM »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 04:13:13 PM »
Why not just create a thread in the TPiR Summaries and Spoilers section and say "Spoiler for XX date/One contestant was substituted for another after a medical emergency (or whatever)"?

I believe that the current policy on this site is that only a moderator or administrator can create a new topic in the "TPiR Summaries and Spoilers" section.  The original poster in the "June 7th" thread is not a moderator, so therefore he had no other choice but to either post it in the "Talk is Right" section or just not post it at all.

I agree also that it would be great to hear from someone who was actually at this taping.  It would be interesting to find out just exactly what happened because Drew's description "fell ill" leaves a lot to be desired.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »
Surprisingly, a lot of people in the chatroom would have won that L7 setup, me included. (my picks were 2, 9, 3, 7) This is evil, of course, having 2 ones and 1 nine. But this one was winnable.
No way a Wrangler is 26k, contestant... A better start and she could have won that. It's not common nowadays the last number is a 5.

Evil first pair in 1/2 Off ! No way a blender is $22 ! I picked the same as the contestant afterwards. Nice win.

Squeeze Play and Push Over were setup for wins. Squeeze was lost, Pushy was won. You know Kathy, sometimes contestants make the budget for you.

Easy as 1-2-3 was fair. I'd have lost too, I overpriced carolinachair.com item.

I wasn't aware about Ranger increase in price. EPIC fail for me, Janet did better but lost. This one was tough, but fair.

Showcases were right, in my opinion.
Le Juste Prix, my childhood gameshow, and love TPIR.

HYO: $75,515 (SC 1/2 (loss against a DSW), PG 2/2, getting up on stage 2/8 - 2 FFBC)
CSS: 2 wins, 1 DSW, 2 WSD, $202,298, best bid $118.

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »
I agree also that it would be great to hear from someone who was actually at this taping.  It would be interesting to find out just exactly what happened because Drew's description "fell ill" leaves a lot to be desired.

What would you really want Drew to say? That she passed out and they took her back stage? Drew said it the best he could without getting graphic or whatever Kathy or Mike told him to say. Had the contestant been pregnant and her water broke would Drew explain it to the home viewers that her water broke all over the stage or turntable or whereever she was? No. He would have said she went into labor and had to leave. If she threw up instead of fainted, would he say to the viewers she just barfed all over and had to leave? She was probably embarrassed enough as it was.

Obviously, she must have been OK backstage. If she was really sick where she needed an ambulance or something, I doubt her family would have stayed to finish the taping. What I wonder is, during One Away, the rest of her family/friends were still in their seats? I would have been backstage with her. Unless, by then she was OK, but just couldn't come back.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 04:49:41 PM »
The only thing I'll say about the "contestant falling ill" incident is that Rhonda makes a speedy recovery and that we all should wish her well. Sorry that it happened.

Brian

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »
Here's an interesting question. Because Rhonda was too ill to continue with the show, does she lose her eligibility for the next ten years or not?
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
From what Nam told me the day he told me what happened and even today, that Rhonda was backstage watching the rest of the show with the producers and she was doing ok.  He told us today that the fainting actually happened in the middle of the 3rd IUFB, so I imagine there was some editing.