Author Topic: Recap -- 6/17/10  (Read 40859 times)

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Recap -- 6/17/10
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »
They shouldn't have been on there period IMO. This is The Price is Right, not a music concert.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 10:58:22 PM »
They felt really out of place.  The opening is not the same with Walking.  At one point Drew told the contestant to go see Lonestar... not the prize she just won.  WTF?

Perhaps they could have had the spot in the showcase, but that should have been the extent of that!

Offline DRPrice

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »
Lonestar?   :-?

::  sigh  ::  Again, I ask, how much lower are they going to sink?

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 12:26:53 AM »
So, I tuned in to CBS today at 11E/10C this morning, only to find out that The Price is Right was preempted by a Lonestar concert.

Game show.  House band.

Those two terms go together like chocolate cake and haggis.  What was the open?  Drew's ADHD kicked in again and he had to repeat everything he said 5 times.  

You have to have the Walking music at the beginning.  It sets the tempo for the show.  At that point, Lonestar wasn't even introduced yet.  It just felt weird.

I'm not in favor of guest stars at all, but if you have to have one, just show them once during an IUFB or during a showcase.  The whole entire show?  It was Lonestar with pricing games.  THE CONTESTANTS ARE THE HEART OF THE SHOW.  Not today.  I long for the days of a show hijacked by Jack Wagner.  

Don't get me wrong;  Lonestar didn't perform badly.  It's just that they don't belong on The Price is Right.  Ever.

Hey CBS, go ahead and cancel the show.  It is sick and should be put out of its misery.  If the show were a dog, it would have been put down by now.  It's the end of the season; just pull the plug if Fremantle is going to produce crap like today's show.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:35:04 AM by dh027 »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 01:15:49 AM »
And so you all know, Lonestar ASKED to be on the show themselves, and here they get a free 1-hour promo. We may have more bands asking to do this in the future.

...that scares me more than if they would have asked them to be on the show...

I shut it off after the first two games (though turned it on for the showcases). This is a game show, which is supposed to be about games...and the only emphasis that seemed to be placed on the show today was a band. It didn't help that Drew kept going on and on and on and on and on about the fact that they had Lonestar on the show, wasting everyone's time. For a show that's supposed to be pressed on time, they sure like wasting it...

I will admit, the second showcase was pretty decently done...though that should have been the extent of Lonestar's appearance.

To me, this was not The Price is Right today. It was some poorly-produced show about Lonestar that happened to feature pricing games. At least that's what it seemed like to me.

Simply put, house bands belong at 11pm...not 11am.

OVERALL: 1/5.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 02:04:50 AM »
You know it's so funny to hear some complain about price having a house band for a day when Wheel has had many bands, mostly marching bands, come in to play yet none of you have ever complained.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 02:15:13 AM »
You know it's so funny to hear some complain about price having a house band for a day when Wheel has had many bands, mostly marching bands, come in to play yet none of you have ever complained.

Wheel of Fortune isn't as consistent as The Price Is Right on anything, though -- they don't even always have the same set from week to week.  Nobody gives it a second thought when they change something.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 07:22:29 AM »
I guess this episode was pretty good. But in my own opinion, having to play quickies for half of the six games doesn't usually add up to a good episode.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 07:51:11 AM »
I guess this episode was pretty good. But in my own opinion, having to play quickies for half of the six games doesn't usually add up to a good episode.

I agree. That was very frustrating, and to have three in a row. Fail on Adam's part.

Offline PaladinTornado

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 08:56:41 AM »
The sad part about all of this is that Drew, at some point in the show, stated that this was his "favorite day since he's been on the show," or something to that effect.  It's pretty clear that Drew doesn't "get it."

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 10:14:06 AM »
THE CONTESTANTS ARE THE HEART OF THE SHOW.

+1 : Lonestar should not be, Drew neither.

-1 : I think the pricing games are. You can switch contestants, the game is as enjoyable (unless this contestant wastes one minute with fake cries).
Le Juste Prix, my childhood gameshow, and love TPIR.

HYO: $75,515 (SC 1/2 (loss against a DSW), PG 2/2, getting up on stage 2/8 - 2 FFBC)
CSS: 2 wins, 1 DSW, 2 WSD, $202,298, best bid $118.

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »
The sad part about all of this is that Drew, at some point in the show, stated that this was his "favorite day since he's been on the show," or something to that effect.  It's pretty clear that Drew doesn't "get it."

He really doesn't. Sad.

Offline EyeMobileScott

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »
Note to Producers: Ya wanna have musical guests on TPIR? Here's how you do it without sacrificing gameplay time (and more importantly, commercial break time): save your musical guests for a showcase; collaberate with the talent (or the talent's handlers) on writing it so everyone's comfortable, it flows nicely & is worthy of their representation in it; rehearse, rehearse, REHEARSE the *s* out of it, and then--now this is the most important part--tape the musical guest performing their current/past hit during a break or after the show and feature it on priceisright.com.

Everyone wins under this formula: the musical guest gets their plug, the show's audience gets to see The Price Is Right and the website gets some traffic.

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 01:24:44 PM »
Wheel of Fortune isn't as consistent as The Price Is Right on anything, though -- they don't even always have the same set from week to week.  Nobody gives it a second thought when they change something.

True. But, when Wheel has a band on its only when they're on location and usually its a college band because of college week.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 04:54:45 PM »
Cover Up:  Seemed like a little bit of an evil setup to me.
SCSD#1:  A $10,000 winner 2 days in a row - very cool! :biggrin:
Pass The Buck:  $5,000 is a lot better than nothing.

Pretty good end to the week, IMHO.  Pretty cool having Lonestar there, too.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!