Author Topic: "1985" Price Cue Additions - TVPMM  (Read 8652 times)

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
"1985" Price Cue Additions - TVPMM
« on: June 30, 2010, 08:39:02 AM »
Go here!

Go to the set starting "Theme 1"...oh my goodness are there some really awesome 1983 pack cues.  A lot from an episode posted a while back that everyone liked the music from.

EDIT:  what the cues are:

1 - slower 200/Race Game prize
2 - 204/Phone Home
3 - 210/Make Your Move variant
4 - 214 "outdoor prize"
5 - Walk of Fame (variant?)
6 - 80s trip cue variant
7 - cue variant of something
8 - 231/showcase variant (full with key change!)
9 - the other 80s trip cue variant
10 - 240/jewelry
11 - cue used in "Holly's Sweaters" clip on YouTube
12 - 248/Every Room in the House showcase
13 - 252/260 car/Temptation/Card Sharks car?
13a - 253 showcase variant
14 - truck/van
track 5 - 218 Tempation 2
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:50:00 AM by tpirfan28 »
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: "1985" Price Cue Additions - TVPMM
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 08:46:36 AM »
Track 8 is particularly awesome; one can say we finally have a full version of "Showcase '83" to listen to.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 09:16:40 AM »
Small edit: #12, the ERITH cue, is the part that is whacked off the currently-available cue (I think it was ripped from the TPIR video game site?).  There's some bizarro stuff in there.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 10:22:06 AM »
7 is a variant on the pool table cue.

Offline CaseyBuck

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 10:28:20 AM »
Well, this is a nice surprise! :)

By the way, the owner of the TVPMM is not the person who mysteriously sent me those cues last year (in case you're wondering what happened to my site, that guy ended up flaking out on me, and stopped sending me any more stuff).

I'd much rather have the TVPMM host any future Price cues than myself; he's got an ASCAP and BMI site licsence. All I've got is a cheesy, bare-bones ISP hosted site.

Online DYC

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »
Wow. It never ceases to amaze me when i hear any new tracks. Thanks for posting this, and BTW thank you Casey Buck for all youve provided thru the years also.

Hate to be 'that guy', because theres always somebody in these 'new cues' threads that just has to mention tracks that are just publically non-existent... so here it is. Anybody ever heard that violin-overdub variation of the CNAOS theme? Seems like that's the last one left...
Search thru any previous posts thru the years and you woulda seen that coming lol....

Offline TPIRViewer

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »
Wow. It never ceases to amaze me when i hear any new tracks. Thanks for posting this, and BTW thank you Casey Buck for all youve provided thru the years also.

Hate to be 'that guy', because theres always somebody in these 'new cues' threads that just has to mention tracks that are just publically non-existent... so here it is. Anybody ever heard that violin-overdub variation of the CNAOS theme? Seems like that's the last one left...
Search thru any previous posts thru the years and you woulda seen that coming lol....

You mean this one? http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,11406.msg174365

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »
#24 (Track 7) has the pool table cue at around 0:59 seconds in! (Or, at least very similar to it)

#28 (Track 11) Holy cow!  I have wanted this cue forever, but couldn't describe it!

By the way, can anyone (ClockGameJohn?) give "official" cue numbers to any or all of these cues, especially the ones that had been unavailable until now?  Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:17:21 PM by PIR85 »

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »
Wow!  I woke up sick, and this has instantly made me feel a lot better!  I absolutely love that version of 231, along with the remix of 210.  If I'm not mistaken, they also used the "Walk of Fame" cue in this update for games like Take Two and Race Game.  I know Race Game's main cue used to be 209, but it changed at times to 204, as well.  (Personally, out of 200A and 209 for Race Game, 209 is my favorite.)

Someone guessed that the "new" version of 248 may have been taken from the video game website.  I can tell right away it's not because of that awesome piano solo in the middle and the amazing marimba part toward the end.

You can really tell Score Productions put a lot into this music package.  This music is far superior to the new stuff we hear every day because it's extremely well-orchestrated.  I'm not knocking Edd Kalehoff or his compositions after he left Score--Double Dare and Finders Keepers rank up there with my favorite themes of all time--but this older Score stuff is much better than the newer Kalehoff stuff in terms of music used on Price.

You mean this one? http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,11406.msg174365

Nope, that's the rocker cue.  This is the old CNAOS cue.  It would be nice to have all the versions of the CNAOS cue in the clear (along with cues 74, 75, 78 and 85), as I'm a pretty big fan of those pieces.

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Online DYC

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 03:47:32 PM »
TO TpirViewer :

Nah, not that cue. Im not sure u were asking this, but this is the cue in question- in the bedroom set description pre-Bullseye.: My All Time fave. A Kalehoff Classic.

note: i know the regular pre-2nd SCSD consolation music (piano version) is on the web somewhere. Im obsessing about the version in the aforementioned clip..i call it "The Remix"lol....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:51:19 PM by DYC »

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 04:11:19 PM »
I'm not knocking Edd Kalehoff or his compositions after he left Score--Double Dare and Finders Keepers rank up there with my favorite themes of all time--but this older Score stuff is much better than the newer Kalehoff stuff in terms of music used on Price.

While Kalehoff's material from the 80s on is still better than most of what other composers have done, it is, honestly, somewhat "cookie-cutter". Score's work has been much more eclectic in style. It can be said that Score is a "cooperative" of composers, and each composer has their own style.

The early 80's seemed to be a pretty good era for Score----their themes for the 1982 "Tattletales" and "Another World" [both composed by Jonathan Segal, and both at TVPMM] are both very good arrangements. Of course, that was around the time Gary Anderson came in----I know he had quite the hand in most of their output by that time. There's no doubt that these cues have some of the best arrangement of anything in the TPIR package-----with possible exception of some of the original '72 cues.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:19:15 PM by Chief-O »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 04:19:29 PM »
God, this is awesome.  The Buy or Sell cue, the pool table cue, and the SP cue labeled as "Track 11" are things I've been wanting for over a decade.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 04:45:08 PM »
The cue labelled "Track 11" sounds a lot slower than the actual cut used on the show.

Still, though...this is awesome! I love many of these older cues- they're so much better than the crap used on the show now, which...well, all sounds the same.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 05:13:05 PM »
Thanks for the find...the opening third of Cue#7 should have been used as a IUFB cue!

Or was it?

Offline TPIRViewer

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »
I don't understand. A majority of those tracks were already uploaded by CaseyBuck a long time ago weren't they?