Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 7/2/2010 (DSW #3)  (Read 52574 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
TPiR Recap - 7/2/2010 (DSW #3)
« on: July 02, 2010, 03:12:49 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 7/2/2010

Episode #5215K
Aired: 7/2/2010; Tape Date 5/26/2010
Models: Manuela Arbelaez, Amber Lancaster, Lanisha Cole (Classic Hardware)
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Manuela
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

First IUFB: Barbecue (Napoleon Fireplaces & Grills; ARP: $1,200) (Amber)

TRAVIS TRACY DANIEL MORGAN WINNER
$350
UGH...
$457 $550 $551 MORGAN

Morgan is playing Triple Play!

VEHICLE CHOICES
(guess bolded)
RESULT
Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic (2.4-litre engine, 4spd automatic transmission) (Lanisha) $18,114 YES
ARP: $19,220
$22,981
Ford Fusion SE (2.5-litre engine, reverse sensing system) (Amber) $21,615 NO LOSS
ARP: $22,245
(first)
$23,110
$24,160
Ford Mustang Convertible (Manuela)    

Second IUFB: Cookware set (Le Creuset; ARP: $801) (Lanisha)

Travis Tracy Daniel RYAN WINNER
$350 $251 $375 $250 DANIEL

Daniel, a PO3 in the U.S. Navy, is playing Most Expen$ive.

Surfboards and wetsuits (set of 2) (Lanisha) $1,544  
Bar set (Michael Amini Tides) (Amber) $2,449 LOSS
Refrigerator (Heartland) (Manuela) $3,599  

Third IUFB: Drink maker (Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Machine; ARP: $700) (Manuela)

Travis Tracy ALISON Ryan WINNER
$1 $2 $450 $500 RYAN

Ryan, who traced old Route 66 on the way here, is playing Cliff Hangers for a Beachcomber hot tub and two patio heaters. (ARP: $6,251) (Amber)

ITEM GUESS ACTUAL STEPS  
Tumblers $30 $20 10  
Portable ice cream maker $30 $34 4  
Moen handheld shower head $45 $50 5 Why the heck is it snowing in July?! *WIN*

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Daniel $801 55 70 OVER
Morgan $1,200 85 STAY *SHOWCASE*
Ryan $7,055 10 35 .45

Fourth IUFB: MyTouch 3G cell phone (T-Mobile; 1-year unlimited talk and data; ARP: $2,000) (Amber and Lanisha)

Travis Tracy Alison PATRICK WINNER
$650 $850 $500 $550 TRACY

Tracy is playing Pick-a-Number for a trip to Boston. (RT coach LA to Boston, 6n Colonnade Hotel, lobster/clam bake lunch cruise) (Manuela) The choices are 2, 4 and 8.

CHOICE   8      
ARP LOSS $ 4 7 4 6

Fifth IUFB: Collection of soft picnic totes (ARP: $530) (Manuela)

Travis KATHERINE Alison Patrick WINNER
$600 $400 $500 $501 PATRICK

Patrick is playing for a Nissan Cube 1.8S. (Bluetooth/radio data package, 18" custom wheels, appearance package) (Lanisha)

$15,620 $17,995 $19,004 $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
ARP: $18,130 *WIN*              

This is it! The gates are ready to close for Season 38 on the First Four Midday Revue. It was truly an historic year of change. Especially with the record amount of skunk funk. But Mimi would love to slide one more under the door, and her glare is on Travis, on the red podium. Can he avoid the walk of shame? It will take a Herculean effort since he has the second bid.

Sixth IUFB: Hammock (Hatteras Hammock Wicker Arc; ARP: $830) (Amber)

Travis Katherine Alison LAUREN WINNER
$700 $400 $701 $575 ALISON

Thanks a lot, Alison. Travis heads to the reservation desk, while Alison is playing for an outdoor fire pit seating group. (O.W. Lee; Loveseat, 2 club chairs, fire pit) and one year of Edible Arrangements deliveries. (one per month; ARP: $8,662) (Lanisha)

Baker's shredded coconut PAM cooking spray Breath minth
$1.79 $2.99 $1.89
  1) NOW 3) NOW
  THEN THEN
WIPEOUT
Buitoni pasta Tabasco sauce Morton's iodized table salt
$2.49 $1.59 89¢
2) THEN    
NOW    

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Alison $830 70 STAY 70
Tracy $2,000 50 50 *$1,000!*
Patrick $18,660 85 40 OVER

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Tracy $3,000 35 *SHOWCASE*

SHOWCASE ROUND
Tracy has the honor...

SC1 - MORGAN CELEBRATE IN STYLE
2 Tickets to the Hollywood Bowl 4th of July show (Amber)
Washington, DC (RT coach LA to DC AirTran Airways, 6n St. Gregory Luxury Hotel & Suites, Marine Corps Evening Parade, dinner) (Amber)
Ford Ranger XL 4x2 regular cab (2.3-litre I4 engine, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes) (Manuela)
BID: $24,500
ARP: $24,685
DIFF: $185
*WIN* $66,465
DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER * BOTH SHOWCASES * THIRD OF SEASON 38
SC2 - TRACY ALL-STAR GAME (special guest Chuck Finley)
All-Star Game Room (2 leather recliners, 42" plasma HDTV, PS3 + PSP, 5 games, table games, Fatheads, billiards table) (Lanisha)
2 tickets to the MLB All-Star Game in Anaheim (limo to Amaheim, 3n hotel stay, tickets to all events, authentic game-used base, jersey and accessories selection, on-field meet-and-greet, $1,000 Mastercard gift card) (Manuela)
Chevrolet Camaro LS coupe (3.6-litre V6 engine, remote keyless entry) (Amber)
BID: $45,000
ARP: $40,580
DIFF: OVER
LOSS $3,000

Show Results: 2 out of 6
Total Winnings: $96,811

THIS RECAP IS THE PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY KITCH

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 10:53:17 AM by Kitch »
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: Recap -- 7/2/10
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 03:17:44 PM »
Well that was a surprising ending after Greco dominated every game except Panny. :-o
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 03:18:45 PM »
it certainly was!   Nice to see That's Too Much win for a change! Nice Surprise there!    ;)

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »
Triple Play - this was a forced loss guaranteed
Most Expensive - Dammit why couldncha pick the fridge?!  :evil:
Cliffy - Nice win
Pick a number - Damn how could you, fingers?! Why make the price cheap?!  :cry:
That's too much - Nice win and how was this won?
Now or then - Tough luck!  :cry:
Not too good of a show today. Season 38 was in an utter nutshell. Let's hope the best for the finale and season 39.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Roland

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 03:40:07 PM »
AW, SHOOT! I didn't get to see the second half of the show because my Channel 13 (WOWK in Huntington-Charleston, WV) cut away to cover the funeral of WV senator Robert Byrd. Of course, I missed another double showcase win because of this, and that kind of disgusts me.

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 03:46:14 PM »
What's this? TTM actually won? That's something you don't see every day. And nice DSW too.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 03:48:51 PM »
It was great to see Triple Play show up, and I really can't blame Morgan for losing, given how close the choices for the Fusion were.  Also, this will probably be one of the last, if not the last, time we see a PT Cruiser on the show, as Chrysler produced the last one a day or two ago.

Pick-a-Number should not have been lost.

Was anyone else bothered that they offered a foreign car in That's Too Much! today?  I'm all for foreign cars on the show, but for a show about an American holiday, having an un-American car seems very out of place.

Now...or Then was just played badly.  Alison blocked in the coconut and that really reduced the number of possible moves she could make to win.

If the budget was back in order, we could have seen something a lot nicer than a Ford Ranger in the showcase today.  Also, did anyone notice that the backdrops that flanked the huge American Flag were turned off?  Would it be disrespectful to the flag to have the backdrops blinking next to it, or something?

What a way to end the last first-run show for a while, with a double showcase win!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 04:53:38 PM »
triple play: I don't know much about Fusions, but now that I think about it, the first choice seems/seem better than my going with Morgan's choice.

Most Expen$ive: Kinda tough, but man, that is a grand fridge.

Cliff Hangers: I said $42 for the shower head and still would have won.

Pick-a-Number: Oh, the groans. $8746 was way too much for a trip to Boston.

That's Too Much!: With the second price being that low, mewondered if we have to go all the way to the ninth price again. I would have so blew this one. Almost being another TTN again.

One Bid 6: One more ain't gonna hurt.  :roll:

now... or then: Breath mints. Breath mints. Breath mints, Breath mints, BREATH MINTS!!

Showcases: What a way to end it: the possibility of of DOB, resulting in a DSW. Great way to start the holiday weekend.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 05:00:33 PM »
I know this is the sort of thing that "never" happens, but I can't help but think about it...what happens if they offer some "rare" item like tickets and a player meet-and-greet for the Baseball All-Star Game, and the two showcase contestants not only tie, they both get DSWs?  "Oh, I'm sorry, I know we said both of you won everything in both showcases, but we could only get one set of tickets..."

Speaking of the All-Star Game, I found it surprising that the first item in the showcase was a "package to watch the game at home" - not as much because they then included a trip to the game, but because they are, for all intents and purposes, plugging something on Fox.

(And of the three DSWs this year, two were on "holiday episodes" - St. Patrick's Day and Independence Day.)

-- Don

Offline icazzy

• In the Audience
    • my YT page, full of Game Shows and other stuff
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 05:09:24 PM »
Triple:  Always nice to see this, even though today it was lost.

PAN shouldn't have been lost.

TTM:  This game being won is definitely something you don't see every day.  I'm actually surprised it wasn't set up like it has been lately.

Showcases:  :dsw: :dsw: :dsw: - Special 4th of July edition. :biggrin:
Tripcase n.  A showcase that contains one or more trips.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »
Yay! Triple Play! It also looks like DiPirro (largely) abandoned the new shot he was using for the game (it was only used for the first car)...I like that better. That wide shot was awkward. I would have at least had that second car won.

Display fail on the fourth one-bid round!

Pick-a-Number was easy. $8K for a trip to Boston? I don't think so.

Seeing a foreign car in That's Too Much bothered me today. But yay...That's Too Much was won!

I never cared for those dollar signs shooting out of Rich's calldown window...but the ones today just looked bad. I really just prefer a simple box for that. (Heck, I can do without 95% of the new, fancy animated graphics DiPirro uses now.)

Now..or Then was just bad.

I didn't care for having the Ranger in the "all-American" Showcase...I think the Camaro in the second Showcase would have worked better there. Also, I don't really like it when they go on about the audience getting "gifts", but what was with the Taco Bell coupons? At least the All-Star Game hat had to do with the showcase...but what did Taco Bell have to do with...well, anything?

Speaking of the All-Star Game, I found it surprising that the first item in the showcase was a "package to watch the game at home" - not as much because they then included a trip to the game, but because they are, for all intents and purposes, plugging something on Fox.

Yeah...that certainly wasn't that well thought-out. What are you gonna do...bring your living room to Angel Stadium?  Not to mention they plugged an event on a rival network...

:dsw:! What a way to end the special 4th of July show! Drew actually made the reveal somewhat exciting, too!

OVERALL: 3.5/5. Fairly decent show today, just without a lot of wins (which really wasn't all Fingers' fault- some of those games were certainly winnable).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:56:34 PM by cu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 07:10:13 PM »
All I can really say is, "take that Greco" when it comes to that double showcase win. And the TTM win, for that matter!

Setups were still difficult today but we still had a fairly normal feeling 4th of July show.  And it was nice to see Triple show up, but not nice to see it lost like that - I think it was meant to at least get to the last car.

I know two and four-item Now...or Then wipeouts have happened a bunch, but that may be the first ever THREE item one.

Timings:
Triple Play (6) - 3:54
Most Expensive (3.5) - 2:58
Cliff Hangers (4.5) - 4:38
Pick A Number (3.5) - 2:56
That's Too Much! (5) - 3:06
Now...or Then (5) - 4:44
Total time (27.5): 22:06 (it's a rarity when we end the pricing games at 11:37!)

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 07:34:37 PM »
what was with the Taco Bell coupons? At least the All-Star Game hat had to do with the showcase...but what did Taco Bell have to do with...well, anything?
Taco Bell sponsors the "All-Star Sunday" (the "futures" (young minor leaguers) game, and the celebrity/legends softball game), and tickets to that were part of the showcase.

-- Don

Offline EyeMobileScott

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 07:44:17 PM »

If the budget was back in order, we could have seen something a lot nicer than a Ford Ranger in the showcase today.  Also, did anyone notice that the backdrops that flanked the huge American Flag were turned off?  Would it be disrespectful to the flag to have the backdrops blinking next to it, or something?

I noticed that too, the backdrops behind the Camaro in SC2 weren't on when it was initially displayed either. Maybe there was a power issue or someone simply forgot to plug them in. Insofar as the neon backdrops flanking the flag go, the set designer in me actually preferred them off in this instance: having a pair of flashing neon rainbows (as cool as they are) surrounding the flag might appear too busy/gay pride parade for some viewers. Too bad those flashing star backdrops from the 80s/90s aren't around anymore: they would've fit perfectly there.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 08:29:26 PM »
Taco Bell sponsors the "All-Star Sunday" (the "futures" (young minor leaguers) game, and the celebrity/legends softball game), and tickets to that were part of the showcase.
Aah. That could have been explained a little better. Or just not done.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.