Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 7/2/2010 (DSW #3)  (Read 52844 times)

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Recap -- 7/2/10
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2010, 02:54:06 AM »
Offerta was right the first time.  Triple Play was played four times this season.

:-D

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2010, 03:56:12 AM »
Uh...sure.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »
offerta, would you mind explaining your picture?

Offline clemsonfight

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2010, 12:31:02 PM »
offerta, would you mind explaining your picture?

Not to be rude, but I think the explanation would likely make even less sense.

Offline offerta

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
@ JokerFan: if you do not know Mrs Rottenmeier nothing can explain! ;)
Was simply a satirical response to Steve, but I realize that this forum is totally devoid sense of humor!

@ clemsonfight: your name is Offerta?! :oldlol: 

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2010, 01:24:31 PM »

Was simply a satirical response to Steve, but I realize that this forum is totally devoid sense of humor!

That's not true at all. There are some very funny people on here.

It's just that most of us (myself included) probably didn't get the reference you were making, and thus, didn't find it funny.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2010, 01:47:38 PM »

I think what you need to realize instead is that the forum is totally devoid of Italian.

Offline offerta

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2010, 02:53:05 PM »
I think what you need to realize instead is that the forum is totally devoid of Italian.

Your lucky that I'm not speaking english very well!

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2010, 03:42:12 PM »
Off on a different tangent.. I really like the Door #5 with the "white" and blue combination. I've never really been fond of the standard blue and purple combo.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2010, 06:22:58 PM »
Your lucky that I'm not speaking english very well!

...you know this, and you still haven't figured out why none of us can understand you?

Offline sunniesocal

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2010, 08:44:48 PM »
Great 4th of July show today, and the DSW was awesome! It's been another great season to watch with you guys here in the G-R.net chat, and even spawned our own accompanying chat on Skype as well, which has been a blast. :D Well, we're now in Priceless Summer reruns until late August. Hope all fellow Americans have a great holiday weekend, and all of you have a great Summer! I'll still visit here to keep up with current events and such, though. Here's to next season! :)  
I totally agree with everything you wrote!  It was a great show, especially with that DSW.  I feel the same way about enjoying the dialog here, I learn so much about the show.  I'm really looking forward to next season too :)  Have a great summer, sincerely Sunnie.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2010, 11:46:14 AM »
Just watched this episode due to a very short vacation. :)

Did anyone else notice that all of the bids from Contestants' Row were under $1000? For the entire show? I certainly did; part of my very first post on GR.net mentioned this the last time it happened (Production #4815K - Taped June 9, 2009). I thought that time would very likely be the last time, especially since the last time before then was in the mid 90s if memory serves.

Nope. Guess it depends on the items up for bids and the contestants.

Hope everyone had a great 4th. Very nice DSW by the way.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:50:03 AM by GameShowKid »

Offline BudMann9

• Outside in Line
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2010, 11:38:50 PM »
To me, Drew had two tip-offs that we had a DSW. First, when Morgan gave her bid of $24,500, he clearly twitches or flinches, and also clearly looks off to the side to someone, as if to say, "Hey folks, we got it here," and then, in going to Tracy first to reveal actual retail prices, he makes reference that the TV room can still be seen, which kinda means that either Tracy at least won her showcase or that Morgam won both. By the time Drew was being a bit playful in revealing Morgan's actual retail price, I knew the DSW was at hand.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2010, 11:42:47 PM »
To me, Drew had two tip-offs that we had a DSW. First, when Morgan gave her bid of $24,500, he clearly twitches or flinches, and also clearly looks off to the side to someone, as if to say, "Hey folks, we got it here,"

Drew does not know the prices of the showcases.

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2010, 08:35:46 AM »
Yeah, I figured Anaheil hosting was the reason he was there. I'd figured they'd have to pick a retired player because of the taping date. Picking an Angel narrows the choices further. So if they picked someone primarily known as an Angel, Finley would be one of the more prominent choices. They could have gone with Rod Carew (although he spent more of his playing days with the Twins). Nolan Ryan was an Angel, but he's an executive with the Rangers and has more of an association with the state of Texas (both Rangers and Astros) in my opinion.

Jim Edmonds, if he weren't still trying to play. Tim Salmon and Troy Percival would also be good choices.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:39:26 AM by Kitch »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."