Author Topic: No Daytime Emmy Again  (Read 3471 times)

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: No Daytime Emmy Again
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 03:51:21 PM »
I think the show suffers now from competing against itself. I'll bet many of those judges at the emmys are younger people who probably grew up on Price and remember how different the show looked and felt then.

Knowing a little bit about how the whole Emmy process works, I really doubt that.

They must notice lots of the things that some of us complain about here...they see a host who does nothing with the contestants other than herd them to the game playing area, no excitement build-up when playing the games, an announcer who yells alot, and a show that is no longer smooth but highly cut-up in the editing room.

No.
Moreover, not winning isn't a sign judges think it's somehow lacking. Their job is to look at the episodes submitted and compare them to the episodes of the other shows submitted, not what did or didn't happen in the past.  This time out, they happened to think Cash Cab was best of the best, not that all the others were junk.

imhomerjay is exactly right. It's an honor to get nominated -- it's not like every game show submitted gets a nomination.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline MissesJanice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 11:23:51 AM »
Folks, Game Shows come and go, but Price has endured for 38 years. Its not all Drew Carey, it wasn't all Bob Barker, and it wasn't all Bill Cullen.

Price is still a high rated NETWORK game show. Actually I was surprised to see Wayne Brady get nominated for game show host.

Price has a solid foundation and people will go and then will come back to it. Bob Barker said it best "who knows what the next big fad will be, but through it all Price has maitained it notch in television history."

It's ok, Price has won lots of Emmy's, even emmys that have not been presented in the live show. For direction, the camera men have won, costumes, and so on.

Price is a staple, and while I would love to see Price win every award they are nominated for, it's not going to happen, because there are new talented people coming up with ideas that catching viewers, but when those die off the loyal fans will return to the comfort of Price.

Look at "Minute to Win It" which is nothing more than a revamped version of Goodson's Beat the Clock.

Price is Right is a part of our history and remember all, no one can take away the memories of the era of Price that we loved as kids, teens and adults. There is a whole generation of kids coming up that know nothing of who Bob Barker is, and they will only know Price is Right was hosted by Drew Carey.

Price is Right is a part of Americana and I am glad to say, I was able to see Bob in person at the show. And that I can say...I was there when they celebrated 20 years...thinking wow! It will all be over soon. Thinking Bob would retire then and the show would go away! Then we got to 30 years, and I thought the same thing again, and Bob took it to 35 years! Now Drew has taken it 3 years - heading for 5. I think to myself maybe Drew will take it to 5 and then that will pass and I will be thinking 10, and who knows!

I think very highly of all of you and your opinions and I thank you all for the knowledge that you have shared of Price when I thought I knew it all. Funny thing there was a time when Janice Holly and Dian were stlll there and the show was huge then too, and I thought I knew it all...I remember knowing what game they were going to play just by what door they used and what model was showing the prize. i.e when Dian was showing a car and Rod Roddy gave the description and then the value of the car, and the car was in door 3 then odds were they were going to play Hole in One. Did anyone else do this or am I just the odd ball...lol....Remember I asked the question several months ago....How many of us walked through department store automatic doors and hearing in our heads "Here is the star of The Price is Right....insert your name......"

Thanks to all for insight and friendship. Price is our lives. 
"The Price is Right will never be the same, it will always be in an evolving state." - MissesJanice

Offline sunniesocal

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 08:24:27 PM »
My house loves Cash Cow! 
Oh wow, I feel so stupid.  Cash Cow was the name of my brother's FFA steer!

Sorry about that.  I meant Cash Cab. :roll:

Offline SamtheBravesFan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 08:30:58 PM »
Oh wow, I feel so stupid.  Cash Cow was the name of my brother's FFA steer!

Sorry about that.  I meant Cash Cab. :roll:

We know.  We just couldn't resist ribbing you. :)