Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/02/2006  (Read 11714 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/02/2006
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 11:11:49 PM »
Is it just me, or has it been a long time since Master Key was played first?

And speaking of Master Key...the master key was found!  Yay!

I really thought Doris had It's in the Bag won.  Shows what I know.  Good thing she quit when she did.

It's really too bad that Suzanne lost Card Game...she actually seemed to know what she was doing.

BobboChung wrote:

(Uh Joe, the car is $15,260).

And how, pray tell, do you know that?  It's not as though Todd won the Showcase and had his total displayed.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 11:46:42 PM »
Wrong, Bobbo (and so was I). The car's actually somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,365. Wilkey's price is $70 more. I presume we're both building the car based on the show's zip code - and in Master Key there usually isn't much to build.

As to the coin jewelry, I ended up with a price of around $690 when I stopped counting, seeing as I couldn't find at least two of the things displayed. Therefore, I just took a guess.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 01:55:52 AM »
Master Key: Yay, he got the Master Key! Yay, he knows how to celebrate!

Baggie: I seriously thought that TV dinner was $4.99. I was thinking that Marie Callenders' is on the upper end of the TV dinner scale. Either I got it confused with some other green box meal or there's a serious mark-up at my supermarkets.

Shopping Spree. Very easy indeed.

SCSD#1: It's always nice to see money given away here, especially $5,000 or $10,000.

Flippity-Flop: All Jessica  :-D  had to do was flip. $6375 would be more for a whole bedroom while $3657 just looked wrong.

Card Game: Good playing, too bad Suzanne lost.

1 Right Price: Honestly, this was my entire retarded line of thinking during this game: "@2595? Yeah...put it on the sofa. It IS a Flexsteel. Huh? You mean it's wrong? It was only $1575? Well, it IS a Flexsteel."

Too bad it wasn't 1 Wrong Price.

Showcases: I went $29,000 on Jessica's showcase (I over compensated on the trailer again) and $15,000 on Todd's.

This was a good, fun show. Todd's Master Key exacta contributed a lot to that. And of course the parade o'hotties   :-D

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 11:16:17 AM »
Master Key: It seems that most of the time I pick the nuthin key. This time I didn't because I picked Key 1 first, and it WAS the master key. Awesome!

It's in the Bag: When it got to the $2.99 bag, it got a little hard. I went for the baby shampoo and then the squeegee, assuming the squeegee was not right. I would've stopped here anyway.

Shopping Spree: When it got down to the Rascal and those speakers, I just picked what seemed like the more costly of the two.

Flip Flop: For a non-brass bed, it can't be over 6000. With the price ending in 5 a good idea, this was an easy Flip to accomplish.

Card Game: Aw! I actually thought Suzanne would be okay by just a little bit. I didn't think a Ford like that would cost over $20,000.

1 Right Price: That "half off" thing June was confused about was kinda interesting in the estimation that her pick was almost half off the right price. I know it's not really half off. I still would've put the price on the piano.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 01:17:17 PM »
Whammy, you're kinda' scaring me now.  How do you know that you usually pick the nuthin' key, when most of the time, we never find out which key is the nuthin' key?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 03:50:16 PM »
So why did Bob let Todd use key #1 first, since it was the master key? Because key #5 was the car key!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 10:28:30 PM »
Todd was a BLAST!! He chose the Master Key and for him, It'll be a remembrance of a lifetime.

$4,000 is what she had to settle after I knew the last two were wrong.

SS looked like nothing any easier.

Todd's rollin' now with $6K more. But it was Sexy Jessica :-D  who got the good bid winning the FRTS.