Author Topic: 39th Season Premiere Pictures  (Read 21060 times)

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
39th Season Premiere Pictures
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:15:34 PM »
Got this off of Lanisha's Facebook page. Drew looks so different!

http://www.life.com/image/103320907

I found other pics on that same site, if you click on Drew's name, you can find more pics from the premiere. Some he looks really worn out. :/ I would post them, but I can't save them to my laptop. The site is blocking it from doing so. :(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:23:48 PM by TPIRGuru »

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: 39th Season Premiere Picture
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:18:19 PM »
He sure does.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »
The "39" pillars that will flank door #2 are different than the ones that were used for the Season 37 and 38 openers, which is a plus in my opinion.  I like the sleek design of them, with the glass or whatever transparent material they used.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:26:20 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: 39th Season Premiere Pictures
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
Yeah, they don't look bad. I like the rotating dollar signs too.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:26:00 PM »
Wow uh... he doesn't look okay in some of those pictures.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 11:27:48 PM »
Wow uh... he doesn't look okay in some of those pictures.

I was thinking the same thing. I think he lost the weight a little too fast. He looks good in the sense he's slim, but he looks so worn out though :/ And like his age really caught up with him.

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 11:28:30 PM »
Man, he looks really good in most of these pictures but one goes to show the power of what a bad candid can do to you.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 11:30:01 PM »
..holy crap. Drew doesn't look very good at all...

I'm not a fan of that "39" pillar. Sure, it's different than the ones for seasons 37 and 38...this one, however, is quite boring, with little actual decoration at all (not to mention looks horribly out of place)...

Also, the captions say that the season premiere was taped on August 9th (today)...is that a typo or are shows being taped out of order?
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 11:31:02 PM »
Man, he looks really good in most of these pictures but one goes to show the power of what a bad candid can do to you.

Your first link is broken, but I got your point. I did see some good pictures in the batch (including, I thought, the one you use as a 'bad' example) but some of them, just... man.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 11:32:34 PM »
In some of those pictures, Drew looks a bit like Bob.  Should I be scared?

The actual retail price is...

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 11:36:22 PM »
Here is a link with all the pictures to make it easier for people:

http://www.life.com/search/?type=images&q0=The+Price+is+Right

The "39" pillars are okay, they're not bad, but some more decoration would have been nice.

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 11:40:03 PM »
Your first link is broken
Yeah, the Life site doesn't make it very easy to distribute links of the photos.

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 11:52:38 PM »
In some of those pictures, Drew looks a bit like Bob.
I was thinking the same thing. I hope he's young enough so that his skin will tighten up. I saw thin Drew on the TMZ video and one of his Twitter photos, but there his weight loss didn't look so severe.  He might look younger if he dyed his hair. The weight loss is so dramatic that I think the audience will flip out when he walks through those doors.

I'm happy to see that I'll get my Manuela fix starting right from the season premiere. Even though she's last in seniority, I feel like she's on the "A team" of TPIR models.

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 11:58:11 PM »

I'm happy to see that I'll get my Manuela fix starting right from the season premiere. Even though she's last in seniority, I feel like she's on the "A team" of TPIR models.

Yeah, I was kind of shocked Amber wasn't there.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 11:59:58 PM »
Yeah, I was kind of shocked Amber wasn't there.

So was Mike. :lol: (Okay, sorry. The joke was begging to be made. :P)

Drew looks really good! Man, I hope he keeps it off.
Signatures are overrated.