Author Topic: Pyramid questions...  (Read 1500 times)

Offline BobJacobsenVer1

• Double Showcase Winner
Pyramid questions...
« on: August 25, 2010, 10:59:25 AM »
Does anyone know if on any version of pyramid, during the regular rounds, if the 6th question wasn't needed? Meaning, one team was ahead after the trailing team did there last topic? If so, what happened? How did they fill the time?

Also, on the regular board, what was on the third side? Does anyone know? One side would be a pyramid, another side would be the category, and on some would be 7-11/Mystery 7... On the ones without the bonuses, did they just have an extra pyramid? Another Pyramid? Not that it's a huge deal, just was curious if anyone knew..

Ok I will stop adding questions to the original post but I thought of one last one... lol.

Was there ever a time where the spinning category block ever get stuck? In this day and age I'm sure it would be edited out, but back then when time didn't seem to be as much of an issue, I would think it would be left in. I could picture Dick trying to kick it around or something lol
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:08:20 AM by BobJacobsenVer1 »

Offline plinko2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Pyramid not reaching the 6th question?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:02:08 AM »
If that happened, the last category wasn't played unless it was a bonus card and the winning team went to the winner's circle.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: Pyramid questions...
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 11:09:54 AM »
Also, on the regular board, what was on the third side? Does anyone know? One side would be a pyramid, another side would be the category, and on some would be 7-11/Mystery 7... On the ones without the bonuses, did they just have an extra pyramid? Another Pyramid? Not that it's a huge deal, just was curious if anyone knew..

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a blank side, to affix the 7-11, Mystery 7, or category overlays onto.  Depending on which category was designated as the bonus, they'd have to affix the category and bonus cards in such a way so that one turn to the left would reveal the bonus, and to maintain consistency with all the boxes on the main board (they all flipped to the left to reveal the pyramid).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:12:04 AM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Pyramid not reaching the 6th question?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 06:12:55 PM »
If that happened, the last category wasn't played unless it was a bonus card and the winning team went to the winner's circle.

There were at least two occasions in the 80s CBS version(one in 1985, the other in 1986 which was reran on GSN just a couple weeks ago) where one team was ahead by more than seven points after four categories were played.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:21:58 PM »
I think there were blank sides.  I recall once during the winners circle round, a team go buzzed for getting to descriptive and when the turn the block around afterwards, it was blank.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »
Does anyone know if on any version of pyramid, during the regular rounds, if the 6th question wasn't needed? Meaning, one team was ahead after the trailing team did there last topic? If so, what happened? How did they fill the time?
The good part about Pyramid's main game is that you could clearly tell when the game was going to run short, and Dick could fill time really well.

I think there were blank sides.  I recall once during the winners circle round, a team go buzzed for getting to descriptive and when the turn the block around afterwards, it was blank.
Nope, just three sides.  After the buzz the category slide might have gotten prematurely removed.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 12:14:42 PM »
On at least one occasion, when the $150 winners circle box tried to rotate to show the pyramid, the category overlay accidentally fell off.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline BobJacobsenVer1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 11:24:07 AM »
Well two questions just got answered in one show on GSN! LOL...

The third side of the pannels in the regular round is a second Pyramid...

And Betty White and her contestant didn't make it to where the other team had to use the 6th category, so they went straight to the winners circle..

Too funny.. lol