Author Topic: The Price is Right - 08/27/10  (Read 52386 times)

Offline TPIRViewer

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: The Price is Right - 08/27/10
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2010, 09:45:16 PM »
I can't access the video on CBS.com because I'm not in the US. Can someone upload the long ending from CBS.com on to youtube?

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2010, 09:49:42 PM »
Is Cover Up suppose to be Pushover?  It looks more like a Pushover setup--and there already is a car game in the first half.

D'oh...it's Push Over. I have no clue why I typed Cover Up. Easy fix.

Should be right now. I have no idea how I missed that the first time...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:51:23 PM by cu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2010, 11:04:05 PM »
I can't access the video on CBS.com because I'm not in the US. Can someone upload the long ending from CBS.com on to youtube?
You wanted it so here you go!! :)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:08:29 PM by 444dd »
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2010, 01:11:04 AM »
Random observation:

I had no idea TPIR was still using those circular props behind the car. I liked the red & gold better, but the black looks pretty cool too.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2010, 08:18:49 AM »
I had no idea TPIR was still using those circular props behind the car. I liked the red & gold better, but the black looks pretty cool too.

I think they were gone for quite a while before they resurfaced with that paint job.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2010, 09:37:15 AM »
This is a better version...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:39:16 AM by Off_trak »
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »
The more and more I watch this, I can't help but think the models had no idea.  And is that Mike Richards creepin' in the back in his yellow shirt?
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2010, 12:14:28 PM »
I think they were gone for quite a while before they resurfaced with that paint job.
They disappeared at the start of season 37?  I'm confident they were still used in 35 in the Clock Game, 36 I don't remember.

The ending...yeah I think it was a Rich sendoff, but it was also the last tape of the season.  I do find it odd that they kept it up when they clearly knew that it would only be seen online, though.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2010, 12:21:37 PM »
And is that Mike Richards creepin' in the back in his yellow shirt?

Shouldn't you know shirt you were wearing? :lol:

Seriously though, who wears a yellow shirt?
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2010, 12:28:57 PM »
So much for trying to throw you all off the trail.
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2010, 01:52:41 PM »
The more and more I watch this, I can't help but think the models had no idea.  And is that Mike Richards creepin' in the back in his yellow shirt?

That was the losing contestant, which still looks strange that no one came over to shake his hand or anything. He's just there by himself.

Great show all around though. I think it was one of the best from this whole season even. Even the events taking place during the credits were great. It was smart of Drew to actually make no mention of Rich leaving since I don't believe it was confirmed at that time, but at the same time have some fun with him and the staff. I don't know if anyone else caught it but right at the tail end it looked as if both Rich and Drew were gonna shed a tear when they looked at each other. And just when the show finally started feeling like The Price is Right again, someone at CBS tears it apart. It's sad though that someone at CBS wanted him out for no real apparent reason other than just not liking him.

Push Over- Nothing really stuck out, but thanks to the number alignment there was two possibilities that could be ruled out to help increase his chances.

Lucky 7- Boy it's been a long time since we've seen a 5 as the last number! It's actually a good thing contestants can't hear us at home because I called a 4 and it would've obviously been a heartbreaker. I'm still in shock it was won!

Plinko! Now see everyone thought it was tough, when I felt it was easy for once. I'm even surprised she didn't get all 5 since that last item has been used many times. It's great that our big winner in this games was a college student because $21,000+ will come in handy when it comes time to pay off those loans!

Well we had a rousing start and with that all good things must come to and end.

Showcases-  Two observations they didn't bring her other car out. I think that's a good thing though because it just creates more work for the stage hands. The other thing though is something they need to work on, trip graphics. If you notice on the TV in the winning contestants showcase they have the Europe graphic up. She didn't win it! They need to get this taken care of so that there is no confusion or legal issue.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2010, 08:57:55 PM »
The more and more I watch this, I can't help but think the models had no idea.
Yeah, they don't seem to be posing with Rich. And when Drew is posed nicely with Rich for the camera, Lanisha runs right in front of Rich to gesture to Drew's kid. I'd like to think she wouldn't spoil that shot if she knew it was Rich's sendoff.

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2010, 09:05:07 PM »
Wait...there was a new episode on Friday?!
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »
To be fair, we've been talking about it on Talk is Right for awhile, especially when CBS did not update the schedule.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »

Shhh...this whole thread is just an elaborate prank on Steve Gavazzi.....don't spoil the fun.....
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker