Author Topic: CSS Final Leaderboard 09-10  (Read 1914 times)

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
CSS Final Leaderboard 09-10
« on: July 06, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
Well, here is the final leader board for this season.   We picked up numerous brand new players this year and I hope that you and the regulars will return next year and we will continue.
This year saw a record number of players, exactly 100 players played CSS this year, quite an achievement.  I'd again like to thank BuddyTom for all his assistance this year and in the past... It's a lot of work to do this, more than people could ever imagine, as I've learned as my 1st year ends as statistician, and I think I've got my work cut out for me next year to follow in his mighty footsteps as host...  It's been talked before in another thread, but Tom, I only which the best for you, your family and your futureendeavors...

Now looking forward to the future, I may be looking for some assistance, but I'll see as things roll closer...

Now, the spreadsheet and bonus stats (with these sporadic playings weeks, i think I've gotten it all in..

See you all in a couple of months.
Have a safe, fun and enjoyable summer (or winter depending on your location)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:27:12 PM by BigJon »
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: CSS Final Leaderboard 09-10
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »
Um...Not to nick and pick but I'm pretty sure I had 1 QSW and 1 WSQ, not 2 QSWs.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 09:26:48 AM »
Not to mention that an the one-day points record (and cash?) was broken, too.

/Yay me
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 09:35:22 AM »
Another fun year of CSS. Very happy with my season.

Thanks to Jon for all his work with the stats and good luck to him as he takes over as host.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 11:42:38 AM »
I had a fun season. Looking forward to next year. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 01:36:36 PM »
Wow...I'm actually surprised there were no exactas this year. Seems like we had a ton of them during the previous two seasons...

Despite being well below the line (with no chance all year of being above it), I actually didn't do too bad for the two months I did get to play.  Unfortunately, I don't know how much I will be playing next season- I guess we'll find out when the time comes.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 01:46:40 PM »
Um...Not to nick and pick but....

Usually this disclaimer is followed by somebody nitpicking. 
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline pricefan1991

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »
I'm guessing that my DSW last Friday sure helped me out, especially given that points were tripled to begin with.

My 3 DSW's this season can be summed up as follows:

1. $218 away, but there were 2 DSW's that were closer, even though I had the higher amount of points. Won CSS that day, but no $.
2. $235 away, but with a MASSIVE garf on the other showcase (my $13K bid on a boat showcase, OOPS lol). Won $ and CSS.
3. $177 away, last Friday, complete with a near-garf. If stagey hadn't of gone over, I would've still beaten them by $8 (didn't realize the bid until after the commercial break was over). Won $ and CSS.

Hopefully next season, provided I can play, results in me getting either a QSW or an EXACTA (or even both, hopefully on a Friday getting both of them).

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 02:48:40 PM »
Again BigJon, great job with the stats, but you have my best bid as $54 when I had a $10 difference in the playoffs (6/15).

Not a big deal, just wanted to let you know.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 09:58:45 AM »
28 playings, 14 OVER, 1 DSW. Proud of my 53rd place. ^^
Le Juste Prix, my childhood gameshow, and love TPIR.

HYO: $75,515 (SC 1/2 (loss against a DSW), PG 2/2, getting up on stage 2/8 - 2 FFBC)
CSS: 2 wins, 1 DSW, 2 WSD, $202,298, best bid $118.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »
Whoa...I only ended up $63,000 short of the Millionaire's Club?  How exactly did that happen?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »
I really crashed and burned in June, leading to my OB% unfortunately going from a respectable 20s-30s  to near 50. The good news is that I fully intend to be over the line in Season 39 (might be close depending on college scheduling, but it's looking like a nice break in January, late-May to catch up if necessary), which means I can avenge the bad June in a playoffs that counts.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 06:07:03 PM »
Working most Fridays definitely hurt my points average, since I'm still 8th in cash and 3rd in DSWs.  But unless I changed it to Double Values Tuesdays or something, there wasn't a solution for me. :biggrin:
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 07:22:24 PM »
I did a comparison of my CSS stats this year with last year.  Here we go:

Season 37    Season 38  
Total Points:  
Average:
4th
7th
DSW's:
Best Bid:
EXACTA
$82
Wins:
Cash:
$317,248
$331,680
Cash Rank:
18th
19th

With the exception of cash, I was worse across the board this year.  I can blame this on two things:
1: Too many random TripCases
2: Just plain rotten luck

(Before anyone asks, yes, I did have 3 DSW's this season -- BigJon missed one on the stats)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:24:36 PM by TPIRSteven »

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 07:25:51 PM »
And actually, I believe I had 2 DSW's this season, both in the playoffs, not just 1.  It was a great season and I look forward to participating again in the CSS again for season 39 starting in september, barring I don't have a job by then.  Tom, you did a superb job hosting CSS and I wish you much luck in your future endeavours.